[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

windows 7/8.1 october update changes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Untitled.png (61KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
61KB, 1366x768px
even after the new windows update "change" on 7 and 8.1 you can still check/uncheck what updates you want to install. the new cumulated updates will contain in their name the month and year of their release so they can be easely spotted in a big list of updates on a clean install.

so fuck windows 10 until 2020, windows 7 still remain the most reliable windows OS to use.
>>
>>57042490
>even after the new windows update "change" on 7 and 8.1 you can still check/uncheck what updates you want to install
But all OS updates have been aggregated into the "Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 x64-based Systems" one,
so you can't for example exclude certain OS "updates" like telemetry in the way you could before.
>>
>>57042556
Still you can install all the updates you want that were released until september 2016.
>>
File: 1472130375550.jpg (36KB, 600x715px) Image search: [Google]
1472130375550.jpg
36KB, 600x715px
>don't update your system and make it a bit more venerable
>update your system and fill it with spyware
>>
>>57042490
I'm about to clean-install Win7 in a VM, do you know any guides to avoid all the spyware/botnet updates?
>>
>>57042695
Don't install Indows.
>>
>>57042672
They're going to merge ALL the updated from the past, until the end of 2017. Read the announcement, fuckmuffin
>>
>>57042490
October update failed to install for me and I can't disable whatever part cause the error and have to block the whole thing leaving me with unpatched security flaws. Might as well turn off Windows Update now and call it finished.
>>
>>57042704
I need it to run eroge software, for some reason I cannot run kamidori even in win7 with updates disabled for almost 2 years, I mean it starts well but the game is all fucked up, the combat system shows random gfx and gets stuck forever on a turn, icons on the map are invisible and other shit like that, actually maybe I should just install xp in the VM at this point.
>>
Windows has had telemetry since XP. You didn't mind then because:

1. You were an oblivious kid.
2. You hadn't yet experienced the crippling failures that would mold you into the paranoid, autistic invalid you are today.
2. It was slightly less intrusive than Windows 10.

Fact remains, telemetry has always been with you and always will be, my man.
>>
>>57042758
>telemetry since XP
>services I would disable after install
>>
>>57042490
If your on 8.1 your a dumb bitch like the one in my office who thinks she know everything
>>
>>57042717
Worked fine on my win7 pro x64. Does anyone have a list or someting with what this october update contain?
>>
>>57042556
I recently installed fresh 7 and 8 on several machines, and several telemetry updates *weren't* included in the monthly update packs.
>>
>>57042805
8.1 is good for UEFI bechause of the faster bootup compared with the slow boot on windows 7.
>>
>>57042672
in a few months there will only be one huge cumulative update even for updates pre-octber-2016, just like they do with win10.
>>
>>57042490
>refusing to update
>exposing gaping security vulnerabilities in windows
>all because you have autism and can't handle a small UI change

Nice meme
>>
apparently there will be security-only rollups released through the microsoft update catalog, so I'm guessing you could avoid the malware (telemetry) updates by only installing those.
>>
File: Windows Update.png (126KB, 1631x931px) Image search: [Google]
Windows Update.png
126KB, 1631x931px
>>57042490
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.