[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hard drives, clouds and torrenting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (170KB, 600x380px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
170KB, 600x380px
What's the point of having a a 2tb+ in your PC if you're just going to stream all your anime and movies anyhow? What happened to you guys enjoying the fuck out of pirating shit from the bay, extratorrent, demonoid, Kickass (rip) and other places?

I showed some friends that I'm getting some anime right now from Extra and the bay and 1 guy goes "Why don't you just use Crunchy roll?"

"Beucase my computer is trash already and it has trouble streaming."
Even if I own a wii u, I'm not streaming to it either... fuck that noise.
gimme your top 3 clouds you can actually use without an chink VPN (the 1TB storage I think)
>>
Thinking about moving my non-essential shit to Mega. What are the chances Mega will be shut down next week?
>>
>>57040353
.002%
>>
>>57040353
I have 2 drives full of comics and cartoons. So you're good. I've not had a problem. Friends and I are gonna link a bunch together and make our own media storage. So far it's me but if I get enough people we will have a giant looking cloud we can sift thru.
>>
connection test.
>>
>>57040448
Mega
Maybe plex
And that's about it
I recently got 1 year of mega pro for free for helping them make their megasync client compatible with macos sierra
>>
>>57040471
thats pretty tight. They should give you more instead. 1 year is not enough.
>>
>>57040323
>not getting your anime from nyaa or AB
>supporting CrunchyRoll's shitty business practices instead of downloading releases made by people who care about sub and encoding quality
>not haing a Plex server and a dedicated torrent server that picks up everything you watch through nyaa's simple-to-use RSS feed
>>
>>57040491
1. I do for the most part, I just goto my mains first. I actually forgot about nyaa.se
2. Fuck no I don't
3. I have no idea what that is nor do I think 1/2 of this site would know what you're talking about.
>>
>>57040323
>pirating shit from the bay, extratorrent, demonoid, Kickass
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH
>>
>>57040552
K
>>
>>57040522
>3. I have no idea what that is nor do I think 1/2 of this site would know what you're talking about.

This is /g/.
>>
>>57040573
I've never heard any one talk about that on /g/ once.
>>
My streams and clouds go into the toilet, and sometimes into the sink.
>>
>>57040522
to your third point in your post; a lot of us know what that is. It's a seed box essentially.

If you don't know what a seed box is, then you should probably stop coming to /g/.
>>
>>57040585
Lurk more.
>>
>>57040622
I've not ever seen it when I come to /g/. So maybe it's one of those things I've not looked for.
>>
>not streaming torrent
why
>>
What the actual fuck
This is /g/ right?
This thread hurts my eyes
I am physically disgusted by this thread
Never come back to /g/
>>
>>57040736
The namefagging was already a red herring
>>
>>57040736
>I take 4chan too serious and am a virgin neckbeard loser

You need to get a serious life if a thread like this makes you ill anon.
>>
>>57040491
I heard of this RSS feed torrenting,I only ever saw a Windows guide how do you do it on Linux,and is like 1 download then I can delete and it never gets redownloaded ,or will it loop
>>
>>57040757
>just because I shitpost means that boards can't have quality ever
Fuck off
You are a cancer to not just this board but to this site
>>
>>57040757
>hurr get a life xD

Kill yourself.

>>57040764
Well, pajeet, the way you do it depends on your torrent client, not your OS.
A torrent fetched from an RSS feed will only download once unless you manually tell it to re-download something you deleted.
>>
>>57040764
>I heard of
>I only ever saw
I only head once of those things called search engines
>>
>>57040773
>>57040782
K
you too there cutie
>>
>>57040323
The point in having your stuff locally, like with all hoarding is about the principle of making sure the content survives. What if the cloud host goes bankrupt? Gets into legal trouble? Goverment restricts access to outside world? Content not profitable and just deleted? No, you cannot trust them to keep valuable data safe for free, threre must always be a fee.
>>
>>57040852
yeah I'm trying to get another drive, but I am broke currently. my old 2TB crashed. Found out not to trust seagate, specially the baracuda series. I hope I can get a WD before it's too late on the 2 I'm using.
>>
>>57040323
I was always under the impression that a true /g/entooman has at least 8TB of active storage, double that in cold storage and at least bi monthly backups to tape drivrd
>>
>>57040867
I would love to have at least that. I do not due to not having a decent job right now. When I get the chance I will get as much storage as possible.
>>
>>57040323
>I showed some friends that I'm getting some anime right now from Extra and the bay(?) and 1 guy goes "Why don't you just use Crunchy roll?"
Y'all losers.
>>
>>57041178
no u
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-12_05-44-08.png (131KB, 812x367px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-12_05-44-08.png
131KB, 812x367px
>>57040867
We're not all heathens.
>>
>>57040323
>What's the point of having a a 2tb+ in your PC if you're just going to stream all your anime and movies anyhow?

Not being a streaming pleb maybe

>>57041190
you fucking newfag. go back to /b/
>>
>>57041257
same

again no u
>>
>>57041244
>HGST
mah nigga.

pic kinda related
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.