[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What will computers, phones, operating systems etc be like by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: er6er.png (283KB, 716x717px) Image search: [Google]
er6er.png
283KB, 716x717px
What will computers, phones, operating systems etc be like by the end of the next decade?
>>
>>57040252
They'll be using you more than you're using them
>>
File: advanced AI.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
advanced AI.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
>>57040252
judging by how things are going, they will be small, thin, no visible ports of any kind, maybe even no screen ("screen" will be inside out brain's visual cortex) and they'll be made by apple.
>>
>>57040252
spine connecting buttplugs
>>
Well, I see unification is becoming a strong trend, so I bet by 2029, our phones will be so in-sync with our computers, it'll be insane. I would also imagine animations galore.
>>
>>57040252
Unless battery tech gets better we will have the same phones and laptops.
>>
Due to a massive economic crash we'll all be dialling in to BBSs to get our Fidomail at 2,400 baud.
>>
>>57040252
In terms of performance - not much better.
They will be more efficient though
>>
>>57041589
Best option

>>57040252
Computers and phones - Black boxes. Think the current trend of iOS / macOS / w10, but much much worse.

Operating Systems - Everything will be sandboxed - the general population won't be able to customize anything that the original OS developers didn't want to leave to the user.

Every program will be 'an app' that you install on top and it won't be able to interact with the rest of the os without explicit permissions. Everything will be a walled warden.

Developers will use special operating systems not available to the general public, and distributing them will be a cybercrime and an incitation to terrorism.
>>
>>57041849
Pretty much this, I'd say.

Keep your old shit, guys. You'll need pre-FUBAR stuff to have any freedom.
>>
>>57040252
time traveler from 2058 checking in. civilians are not allowed to own computers, and phones are obsolete. we have tablets, watches and glasses for all of that. the dominant OS is SystemD/NT of course, and you guessed it, a company called MicroHat owns it.
>>
I have a really pessimistic view of the future of computing. I think things got far too large far too quickly, and now the only thing keeping it in the air is inertia.

I can't see someone in 20 years time just saying "It turns out I have all of Youtube from 2005 to 2015 on these shelves."

Even the Web Archive is a single point of failure, and they've suffered fires and losses before.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.