[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone programed their own algorithms for automated and / or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: high-frequency-trading1.jpg (44KB, 598x257px) Image search: [Google]
high-frequency-trading1.jpg
44KB, 598x257px
Anyone programed their own algorithms for automated and / or high frequency trading?

I'm looking to get into it as sort of a hobby having a little experience in both trading and programming.
>>
100% kike shit and will absolutely get you thrown in a gas chamber in a decade or two.
>>
>>57039360

>>>/biz/
>>
>>57039403

Yeah, I'm not going to /biz/ about something programming related.

>>57039381

Trading is dominated by computers, get used to it.
>>
>>57039360
I'm pretty sure that's illegal...
>>
>>57039673

How the fuck would it be illegal
>>
Unless you are in Line-of-sight range of the Stock Exchange with specialized data transmission equipment and ASIC hardware for performing transactions, there are going to be people faster than that you simply can't compete with.
>>
Tried it a couple of years ago, but stalled since though I could read prices and come up with orders, I couldn't figure out how to actually send orders through my online brokers site.
>>
>>57039673
It is all done by bots these days. Thats why the average turn around time has gone from 15 days (IIRC) to a few seconds
>>
>>57039764

you need a serious 7 to trade on your own
>>
>>57040638
>serious 7

You mean series 7?
>>
>>57040095
Yeah but you don't need to be faster than barclays bank, you only need to be faster than. The rest of the small time traders.
>>
>>57040095
This guy right, I automated and assembled part of trade hardware complex, one of our guys was fucked by owner for making net cables 40cm longer than spec provided. Pretty cool tech though.
>>
>>57039441
>Yeah, I'm not going to /biz/ about something programming related.
Nobody is going to reveal the secret source to their free money, so it makes no senso to post on /g/
>>
>>57040728

I'm not asking for code to make fat monies, just if anyone has done anything like it and their experiences
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.