[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have a job that requires me to have a corporate-issued iPad,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: paranoia-792[1].jpg (20KB, 420x344px) Image search: [Google]
paranoia-792[1].jpg
20KB, 420x344px
>have a job that requires me to have a corporate-issued iPad, iPhone, and a corporate email
>turn off location services on my ipad, shut off the company phone permanently and told coworkers to call my personal cell because i dont like the idea of my job knowing where im at or who ive been talking to
>decide to sync my corporate email account to my personal cell so i can check my work email while im out in the field
>get a notification about updating mail privacy settings
>ok
>the email server requests that i give permission to allow it to mandate my lock screen settings, completely disable my camera, have access to all my contacts, call logs, text messages, GPS location, allow remote data encryption, and allow a remote factory reset and destruction of all data on my phone without any prior notice

What the FUCK /g/. I just want to check my fucking work email and get notifications when I get mail. How in the holy fuck can a mail server even have the functionality to nuke my phone remotely?
>>
>>57035929
Because a company would have to be absolutely fucking retarded to allow idiots like you to access sensitive information on an insecure device.
>>
Stop being autistic?
>>
>>57035929
I wonder what kind of mail you'd get if you used some desktop mail client.
>>
File: IMG_1284.jpg (168KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1284.jpg
168KB, 1632x1224px
>>57035929
You sound like a bitch of a person who wears a fedora made of tinfoil.
>use work devices for work
>use personal devices for personal use
How is that complicated or conflicting? Not to mention that if something so simple, you manage to fuck up, you better get ready to become neet again.
>>
Can't you limit Android perms on 6.0+?
>>
>>57035929
hillary?
>>
>>57036406
This.
Corporates are there to make business not to have their work compromised by small cogs that think that they know best.
>>
>>57035929
Welcome to the real world. This is a common practice. Just use the iPhone for emails.
>>
>>57036449
ActiveSync and full fledged MDM tools can enforce restrictions like passcode length/expiration, device encryption, app installs, etc. and you can choose between allowing these permissions or not having access to the profiles like email that they entail. In particular, if you don't accept the permissions on Microsoft Exchange email servers, it won't allow the connection.
>>
>>57035929
>iPad and iPhone
how fucking redundant.
>>
>>57035929
because if you lose your phone the organization needs to have the ability to wipe it to prevent people from gaining confidential communication

its obvious you dont have a real job and this thread is just you acting like a tool, so fuck off
>>
>>57035929
>>have a job that requires me to have a corporate-issued iPad, iPhone, and a corporate email
>>turn off location services on my ipad, shut off the company phone permanently and told coworkers to call my personal cell because i dont like the idea of my job knowing where im at or who ive been talking to
>>decide to sync my corporate email account to my personal cell so i can check my work email while im out in the field
>>get a notification about updating mail privacy settings
>>ok
>>the email server requests that i give permission to allow it to mandate my lock screen settings, completely disable my camera, have access to all my contacts, call logs, text messages, GPS location, allow remote data encryption, and allow a remote factory reset and destruction of all data on my phone without any prior notice
>What the FUCK /g/. I just want to check my fucking work email and get notifications when I get mail. How in the holy fuck can a mail server even have the functionality to nuke my phone remotely?

Hillary what is your position on corporate america?
>>
>>57035929
>all this
>on an iPhone

Yeah, nah. iOS doesn't permit this kind of shit.
>>
>>57037976
OP probably installed MDM profiles and has Enterprise Phone. They are literally a corperate botnet.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.