[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck happened?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

What the fuck happened?
>>
Windows failed to cultivate an app climate conducive to entering the smart phone market.
>>
>>57035509
/thread
>>
>>57035340
people don't use windows phone because no apps
devs don't make apps because no people

it's an infinite loop
>>
I've had 2 windows phones. Never again. No apps and horrible browser. They have some nice things done right like tiles is cool and some of the cameras also the best note and task scheduler but other then that have fun with a pos phone
>>
>>57035509
Also they tried to reinvent the wheel and made it worse.
>>
>>57035340

Doesn't run Windows.
>>
>>57036848
Not true.

Their cheapest devices were fast and capable. Any action or "thing" you tried to do was just as fast or faster than their competition. If they failed, then so should Apples ios for being the same thing (a glorified app opener) but even less useful, as WP at least had more information instead of app after app on each screen.

It was 100%, and only, the app market that killed them.
>>
>>57037614
As a former owner of a Lumia 1080, I can tell you it was no apps that ended it all for me.
>>
>>57037614
Look at the religious passion with which you defend your stupid choice to bend over for MS.

No, it wasn't the lack of apps that made me and millions of other smartphone buyers spend their money on Android. It's MS reinventing the wheel when nobody asked for it, but most importantly that disastrous metro interface that completely ruined it's chances at mass adoption.
>>
>>57035340
something happened
>>
I have a Lumia 435 as a backup phone. It's really good if you don't need many apps. I left it on 8.1 though as 10 fucked it up.
>>
>>57035340
stupid UI and no apps
>>
>>57038937
>lumia 1080
fucking dumbass
>>
Because pleb OS for plebs. Only people I know are using WP barely know how to use a microwave and have no money for an iPhone. It's sad that Nokia died because of this hunk of turd...
>>
>>57035340
DESIGNATED
>>
>>57040110
this.

WP is the ultimate baby smart phone OS. Got my parents windows phones since they would find an iphone far too complex or an android.
>>
>>57037614
Capable? Of What? I had lumia 1520 and apart of bugs and crashes this phone had nothing else to offer. Web browser was shit, no apps and it all was on glorified 8.1 denim. On w10 you can't do anything because even calling is bugged
>>
>>57040149
I gave a Lumia 950 to my mom and she loves it. I'm kind of jelly because I wanted to keep it for myself. Fantastic back camera. I only use Whatsapp, Messenger, Photoshop Express and a few dictionaries, all of which are available for WP, so for me owning a WP wouldn't be a problem. Edge browser is alright.
>>
>>57040240
got my dad a 950.

Pretty damn nice phone but its the limitations of WP that holds me back.
>>
>>57036752
/thread.
>>
>>57035340
They called it Windows Phone.
>>
Because Microsoft already shafted the first gen windows phone users harder than I could ever imagine.

>buy the HTC Mozart 7 meme
>really well built phone and whatnot
>still gets updates every now and then
>last update was introducing copy & fucking paste
>microshaft announces that first gen windows phone won't receive updates anymore even though they said it would release windows 8 OS for it or whatever it was called
>plus buy new phone we won't fug you again I swear :DDDDDddd

Cocksniffing arseweasels
>>
>>57035340
Microsoft happened.
>>
File: weight.png (513KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
weight.png
513KB, 1200x675px
Just waiting for the Surface phone to happen. Meanwhile, Microsoft need more cohorts to test and help refine Windows 10 Mobile for the Surface phone, so Lumia phones are being sold at huge discounts.
>>
>>57035340
I used WP for years and just recently bought a Nexus: the difference is incredible. However although I enjoy the ability to customise my phone and I have a weird amount of apps, WP did some good things which were unfortunately hidden by its internal deficits: battery life is better, good camera and camera apps, extremely nice keyboard, no problem with viruses and/or ads, good multitasking and smoothness. Regardless you are left with a device of which Microsoft didn't take much care, and surprisingly W10 didn't have the expected results (it promised to revolutionise the WP environment). I have been using Nokia since the 3220 for I think ten years, but Microsoft ruined it. Now I'm on a nexus and find myself comfortable and up with the times. I'll miss WP for its simplicity and willingness to help certain users, and all in all I believe it was not a bad mobile OS (WP8 and WP8.1). People like to shit on it for tiles and stuff but the truth is that it had great potential. Goodbye WP, you were an odd friend for a while but it's now time to change.
>>
Are there any cheap windows phones with the latest updates? I might buy one just to give it a go.
>>
imagine when Nokia comes back with android and its a total success. God I would want to see the microshit execs faces then :^)
>>
File: lumias.png (324KB, 874x647px) Image search: [Google]
lumias.png
324KB, 874x647px
>>57040374
The latest Lumia line-up is all being sold at cheaper prices since Microsoft will kill the Lumia brand by December to focus on the Surface phone.
>>
>>57040374
the 650 is the best price-quality ratio imo but the 550 is the cheapest phone
>>
>>57040409
I'd rather see Nokia come with their own OS. Or Sailfish. In fact, even dumb phones are better than Google, Microsoft or Apple.
>>
>>57040455
550 has a better screen. 650 has a slightly better processor. I'd get the 550.
>>
>>57039084

Best mobile OS though, android can suck a dick with that shitty UI

>inb4 m-mods will fix it!
>>
>>57035340
I still use my Lumia 640 every day. Being a Nokia, it's built like a tank, it runs blazingly fast, and has almost all the apps one would need. It struggles a lot on the internet now though, because HTML is becoming more and more bloated and used to make heavy client apps on the internet so much you need a quadcore and 8GB RAM to functionally achieve what we used to do with an Intel 8080 and a luxurious 2MB memory, but whatever, this problem hits all "old" phones who can't run the towering stack of interpreted languages and retarded frameworks. Its IE also isn't well recognized, forcing websites to run a shitty non-compatible "mobile" version when the regular "desktop" one always works.

I'm now considering with dread the return to Android, because iOS is shit, and there's no alternative (inb4 ubongo and fireshit os). WP7 and 8 were as perfect as the Zune was, sparks of genius in the dying company of pajeets that Microsoft became. It also reminds me of Microsoft Courier. And oh all those genius things Microsoft either cancelled or killed for no valid reason, save for the fact their marketing department sucks ass.
>>
>>57042273
I still use my Lumia 640 every day. Being a Nokia, it's built like a tank, it runs blazingly fast, and has almost all the apps one would need. It struggles a lot on the internet now though, because HTML is becoming more and more bloated and used to make heavy client apps on the internet so much you need a quadcore and 8GB RAM to functionally achieve what we used to do with an Intel 8080 and a luxurious 2MB memory, but whatever, this problem hits all "old" phones who can't run the towering stack of interpreted languages and retarded frameworks. Its IE also isn't well recognized, forcing websites to run a shitty non-compatible "mobile" version when the regular "desktop" one always works.

I'm now considering with dread the return to Android, because iOS is shit, and there's no alternative (inb4 ubongo and fireshit os). WP7 and 8 were as perfect as the Zune was, sparks of genius in the dying company of pajeets that Microsoft became. It also reminds me of Microsoft Courier. And oh all those genius things Microsoft either cancelled or killed for no valid reason, save for the fact their marketing department sucks ass and swallows.
>>
>>57040493
It's too late for playing catch up with the current market right now.
>>
>>57035340
Too little too late
>>
>>57035340

Nobody needed their alternative.
>>
I used to use a 925 I picked up on the cheap after my droid 3 finally died, bretty good phone, I enjoyed it. Noapps made me realize how little I actually needed a smart phone though, so I eventually went back to using a flip phone.
>>
>>57042273
>>57042279
>tfw 4chanx hate half my post

Fuck. I wrote something about how "wp has no apps" is a self-defeating meme, also WP7 and 8 being godtier because Windows CE, but pajeets axing it to make WP10 with NT kernel because they're fucking retards.

Technology really sucks these days.
>>
>>57042380
>that feel when you still use a winCE based os daily
Shit is bulletproof.
>>
Too locked down, too limited. Never cared for muh apps, but still did not like it.
>>
>>57042312
Wrong.
Problem was that they kept shafting the users who needed their alternative.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.