[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

would this site actually be of any use?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: codecademy-learn-to-code.png (31KB, 575x175px) Image search: [Google]
codecademy-learn-to-code.png
31KB, 575x175px
would this site actually be of any use?
>>
>>57035062
I mean would I learn anything that I could put to practical use?
>>
>>57035107
anyone?
>>
>>57035062
If you're asking this question. Yes.
>>
>>57035062
no, zero

if you want to learn something, read HNews on ycombinator and look at the things people are making
>>
File: black-hole-microbe.png (123KB, 698x690px) Image search: [Google]
black-hole-microbe.png
123KB, 698x690px
>>57035062
I used codecademy as my first introduction to programming. It's useful to learn the very basics, what does this language look like? What is a variable? What are functions? How do we use functions to create very basic programs? And what are loops?

Outside of the very basics, I'd recommend anything else. Books, courses, doing your own project, etc...
>>
>>57035062
buy a commodore 64 and make something on it
>>
>>57035370
http://n-o-d-e.net/post/150716000076/how-to-create-a-cyberdeck64
>>
>>57035474
wtf?

the genre philosophy is do something useful with the computer. dont learn it for the sake of learning it.
>>
OP here, thanks for the advice.
>>
>>57035062
Good for the very basics and refreshing your memory with languages you haven't used in a while.

It's a good start but won't get you far.
>>
no it's way too shallow. Just pick up a recommended book and go from there this new shit is just a money making gimmick
>>
>>57035062
>>57035107
>>57035305
no, they don't know how to teach different cases, for example, in the data analysis course they only use a single database to teach you, so they just tell you to mess around with specific sql commands that you can't really use anywhere else
>>
>>57035062
It's good warm up before moving on more detailed book or course.
>>
>>57035062
no
>>
What's a better way to learn different languages? The only one I can really do anything in at the moment is C++.
>>
>>57038852
get a book, read it and do the exercises/problems in them.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.