[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I will finally graduate with my CS degree after this semester..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: There-Would-Be-Jobs-Meme.png (508KB, 630x493px) Image search: [Google]
There-Would-Be-Jobs-Meme.png
508KB, 630x493px
I will finally graduate with my CS degree after this semester.. What now?
>>
>>57032095
Not listen to /g/.
>>
>>57032095
Go directly to the soup kitchen
>>
Learn to program
>>
>>57032095
Become a neet and contemplate your life like me
>>
The loo.
>>
Go flip burgers and realize you should have done CE.
>>
Shitpost on /g/ that CS is a meme
>>
>>57032701
I mean it is
>>
>>57032095
Not too late to start actually programming stuff and creating a decent portfolio
Jobs aren't just going to just come to you unless you've put out some exceptional projects/contributions
>>
>>57032095
If you don't have a job lined up already you're fucked and might as well apply for NEETbux
>>
>>57032095
kys
>>
>>57032095
>get job
>make money
>acquire responsibilities (car, gf, kids, etc)
>make more money
>acquire more responsibilities (big house, pool, dog, hobbies, etc)
>make more money
>retire, live to 98 years old costing the state more than you ever contributed to it

just kidding, you're a millennial, get fucked
>>
>>57032846
>wanting responsibilities
>>
Get a comfy programming job and make money
>>
>>57032095
If it goes anything like it did for me, you get a well-paying full-time job with benefits doing something you enjoy, and you live happily ever after.
>>
>>57032584
pretty much 100% right
>>
>>57032095

BECOME SOFTWARE ENGINEER FOR SHITTY STARTUP

or alternatively, if your degree is from a reputable establishment:

BECOME SOFTWARE ENGINEER FOR A HIGH RANKING BUT STILL PRETTY SHITTY CORPORATION
>>
you move to a big city if you aren't already in one

anything less than 200,000 people looks like this
>We need someone who has 10 years of experience in a language that's only 4 years old
>masters
>$13/hr
>>
>>57032095

Go back and major in mathematics.
>>
>>57032095

I went back to school to get a CS degree after years in the industry.

Most kids at school did way too little. Some didn't even care about their CS classes or learning or grades.

I not only was doing class work, I would read more and program more to go over what I learned in class.

Plus I was doing projects on the side to make money.

I just worked much harder than my classmates. Not just on course work, but my own programming projects.

If you have not done it yet, go to Github. Look at popular projects where the maintainers commit pull requests. Look at issues people are having in a project whose language you know somewhat (C++, Python, Java, whatever). Send a pull request fixing one of the bugs. See if it gets committed. See if the maintainers give you advice on how to improve the patch. Rinse and repeat a few times.

If you say "why should I make the effort" to spend a few hours in one week doing this...there's no hope for you.

None of the kids in my class knew what software version control was (if you submit a pull request to Github, you would know). Which means they are so lacking in knowledge to make a contribution to a company it's hard to describe. Fixing a bug reported to a trouble ticket system would be a start.

People who work, learn, work, learn and keep at it do very well. Most people don't work hard enough. I know a number of people who became very wealthy, usually they were programmers who started companies (a few were programmers who joined established companies).
>>
>>57033180
I never understood this bullshit. You might as well start your own programming contractor business and tell the hiring managers to fuck off when they try to wage-enslave you
>>
>>57032095
Do your resume up in LaTeX, then apply until you get something
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.