[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New PC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 23.png (961KB, 851x670px) Image search: [Google]
23.png
961KB, 851x670px
Would you go with ATX or mini-ITX?
>>
I have traditionally bought ATX but lately I've started to think I like m-ITX more. But in reality m-ITX rigs are noisy because of poor airflow and low sound isolation. It's because the case is just a small tin box with lots of fans inside. There's a limit to what size GPU you can have if you really want a small case and getting fresh air to it is a challenge.

If you ever want to run SLI or CF, good luck. Though it has to be said it has never worked out for me.

Maybe I'd still get m-ITX. I just think they are cute small things.
>>
Mini-ITX.
>>
>>57031601
I used to have a cosmos s case with load of space. But i swtiched to an Ncase m1 just for the fun of building something that tight.

Not i can have my pc on the desk instead of the floor and it looks so great. Its a real eye catcher.
Plus, it fits a GTX 720 Ti (or similar in size) a H80i and 4 2.5" SSD's. What more does one want?
>>
>>57031615
fuck you
>>
>>57031601
I used to have a mini-itx one. It's damn overheating all the time ( probably because of AMD stuff in there).

I would go with a regular ITX just to avoid any issues.
>>
If this is your first build I strongly recommend a mid-tower ATX
Due mainly because it will give you enough room for upgrade and it will just be easier to setup and manage components. Not a full tower, because you will after a while get a sense of wasted space that's occupied by an oversized behemoth. Having the ATX case will always give you the option to upgrade and customize over its mini versions
If you already have an ATX case, you should try out mini cases, yes they are normally noisier but the architectures that people make the mini's are really interesting and they provide better sense of enviorment
>>
Its subjective. If you get m-itx expect more noise and heat. I usually go full itx or atx in a large case for the sake of easier cable management and airflow.
>>
I see you talking about noise on m-itx, but i have a mid tower and it make a lot of noise IMO.
The main font of noise is the PSU i don't know if the the case is shit but i think it shoul be quiter.
>>
File: IMG_20160812_155018.jpg (592KB, 1488x1984px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160812_155018.jpg
592KB, 1488x1984px
>>57031601
it depends on how much you're done with memes

i have a tiny matx machine because it fits everything i need
>>
>>57031601
Just get mATX.
It can have up to 4 DIMM slots and 4 expansion slots while being small enough so that it's easy to move around when needed.
Most of the time mATX boards are also cheap since you don't pay extra for the formfactor (mITX)
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.