[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Xperia Z5 Compact or X Compact?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 2

File: Sony-Xperia-Z5-Compact.jpg (99KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
Sony-Xperia-Z5-Compact.jpg
99KB, 1280x854px
Xperia Z5 Compact or X Compact?
>>
samsung note 7
>>
Both removed the magnetic charging connector, x compact is faster, has better battery life, usb c, and a better camera. It's not waterproof but the z5c is not really worth testing in water based on previous Sony devices.
>>
>>57029738
iPhone 7 master race
>>
>>57029738
I'd go for Z5. I actually want one but my Z1 is still going stronk, and the new design of the X series looks much worse.

>>57030146
>It's not waterproof but the z5c is not really worth testing in water based on previous Sony devices
I think the whole luck-thing started after the Z3? Never had problems with mine being underwater
>>
>>57030146
My Z3c has based magnetic charger and swims happily in pools and the ocean.
>>
>>57030333
This
Z3 Compact master race.
>>
>>57030146
X compact is only marginally better in those regards while looking worse.
The X compact isn't really usable in water but it's definitely rated to survive liquids.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r02MPIZWyds
>>
>>57029738
Has anyone held the X compact? It looks like it would feel like a toy.
>>
>>57030514
I've got one, it's ok. The screen edges are rounded, feels very nice when swiping. I don't think it looks cheap, I like the design.

BUT:

It's slippery as fuck and I spent a lot of money for it, so I want to protect it with a case and some glass. There aren't any good cases available yet and the screen protector will a. be smaller than the screen because the edges are rounded and b. will not feel as nice for swiping in.

Also does anyone already know how to root the xcompact?
>>
>>57029738
Z3 compact.

Z5 compact is the same thing, but without the magnetic charger and more expensive.
X compact is newer, but it's now a midrange phone so it's not really better than the old high-end ones.
Cameras are pretty meh on all of them despite the paper specs, use the 8 MP mode.

Battery life depends entirely on installed bloat.
>>
>>57030333
I have a z3c as well, the magnetic charging is one of the reasons i don't want to upgrade
>>
>>57030146
>not really worth testing in water

I have washed my Z3C and Z5C in the shower several times.

Everything works. Not sure what you're on about.
>>
>buying Sony phones

it's like you want cancer
>>
>>57030703
samshill detected
cry more
>>
>>57030688
I had a z3 die from water exposure, Sony replaced it under warranty but it took weeks to replace so I bought a z3c. I never had issues with my original z or z1 and i fully submerged it frequently
>>
>>57030703
What's wrong with Sony?
Their phones don't explode.
>>
I want to get an xperia for that camera but i have a galaxy note edge and worry it will feel tony comparatively
>>
>>57030746
Tiny*
>>
>>57030746
don't listen to these anti-samsung shills
every phone besides the note 7 phablet is great and there isn't any phone on the market currently that can compete
>>
>>57030777
>don't listen to these anti-samshit shills
t. Samsung rep
>>
>>57030745
They crack though. A known problem on some z3/z5s.
>>
>>57030884
It only cracks if you're not careful.

Slap a case on it and it wont.
>>
File: 2016-10-11 18.35.17.png (63KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-11 18.35.17.png
63KB, 720x1280px
>buy the Z5C they said
>it gets good battery they said
Somehow the Stamina mode makes it worse/no difference
>>
>Glossy plastic
DROPPED
>>
>>57030903
>sony phones

not even once
>>
>>57030884
It's made of fucking glass, of course it's going to crack. Happened to me once, but I hope no one goes through half of what that poor bastard has survived. Get a rubber/soft bumper for the sides and it's not going to break

>>57030903
>Android OS
There's a drain, android after kitkat is full of fucking battery drains, download gsam, check there, look for possible reasons accoring to your version
>>
>>57030903
The Z5C like all devices with Snapdragon 810 has shitty battery life.
>>
>>57030946
or just skip all this bullshit and get an iPhone like a normal person
>>
>>57030926
No one ever got their flight cancelled due to a Sony phone
>>
>>57030973
then buy an iphone and shut the fuck up
>>
>>57030777
Thats not true. My opposition to samsung is far more than the camera tho
>touchjizz
>new phones dont have removable battery
>literally make hand grenades
>bootloader on my phone is a bitch to break through if i wanted to root
>>
>>57030977
that doesn't mean that they aren't shit
>>
>>57030999
Samsung was on the right way with the S7, actually a decent device from them after S5 hospital edition and S6 "who?". Edge versions are shit however, and there are rumors of the S8 being bezel-less. This whole exploding thing won't help them recover
>>
>>57031027
>touchjizz
>right way
choose one
>>
>>57031043
>implying dickwiz didn't improve from the shitstained bloat it was
>>
>>57031079
just because it is improved doesn't mean it's not shit
>>
>>57029738
They both have their pros and cons. X Compact is the first of the compact line to actually have an acceptable camera, but it's not waterproof and desu the camera is still behind nexus/galaxy/iPhone/pixel cameras. Plus the snapdragon 650 is below par for this year. Sure, it's basically a more version of the 810, but if you buy it now you'll be a year behind right off the bat. But I guess if you're considering the z5c that's not really an issue. Personally, I'd get the X Compact because I really like the design, and it's still a bargain at $450 compared to $400
>>
>>57031093
so what's not shit for you?
>>
>>57031138
stock android :^)
>>
>>57029738
xc has 3gb of ram which can be important soon

>>57030333
my z5c has normal charger, but it swims as well.
>>
>>57030453
>Tfw the touchscreen on mine stopped responding a month after I got it

I still loved that damn phone, even though the camera was a pile of shit
>>
>>57031148
i was excepting ios so I'm glad you said that
a shame google is shit and they can't into support anything for more that a few years
>>
>>57030592
You could get a plastic screen protector
>>
>>57031190
an average should just buy an iphone
>>
For anyone thinking of buying Sony phones for the camera. Don't.

The wide angle lens cannot focus around the edges, so pictures are blurry, and their noise reduction algorithm is garbage. You'd think that they would work together with their camera division to improve the camera, but it is a bad camera, with bad software.

Otherwise the phone (Z5) is very good. Fast, reliable, good looking and works well.

t. Xperia Z and Z5 owner.
>>
>>57030745
When you root them, they gimp the camera processing
>>
>>57031190
If you buy any non nexus device it's only a few min months
>>
>>57030884
Not spontaneously. Use a case.
>>
>>57031227
aren't phone cameras a meme?
>>
>>57030650
this, I have z3c and its great, it has several features (like remote shares) that other (non rooted) androids dont have.

also camera is average as fuck, nice pictures are possible but only in ideal conditions
>>
>>57029738
>""""""waterproof""""" phone taking on water and failing
Even Pixel is better than this crap
>>
>>57030918
Better than glossy glass.
>>
>>57030926
Just slap a Dbrand™ skin on it, the link's in the description down below that like button.
>>
>>57031243
they are but xperia cameras are even worse than meme
>>
>>57031225
average phones for average people, but we ain't average, aren't we?

>>57031233
yeah, sometimes you get luckier than that, still it's their fault for the clusterfuck that android has become, every version is worse than another. I'm sure they could have prevented this, a core android framework that can be updated directly from them.. but why would you do this when most people will look to buy another phone when you end support?
>>
>>57031243
Looking at the Iphone and the Galaxy series, no.

Those are two examples that manage to produce significantly better results than Sony when it comes to their cameras. And it's because they don't try to do some meme wide-angle camera or muh megapickels stats.

They have lower megapixel cameras with a lower angle lens, making it less complicated.
>>
>>57031243
If you're carrying your DSLR everywhere you go, you're probably right.

Having even remotely okay camera in literally every occasion is a bliss. I'd pay good money to have ~50mm focal length equivalent in my smartphone, optimally with anyhow larger sensor pixel size (so, lower camera res), RAW, and no mandatory NR.

I could even ignore lens aspect, although i'd love to have it. I'm used to 50mm, i can't snap nice shit with all of those smartphone camera ultra wide angle
>>
OP here, after reading everyone's posts, I think I'll go for the Z5 compact.
>>
>>57031727
>OP here, after ignoring everyone's advice, I think I'll go for the shitty Sony device.

Ok, have fun.
>>
>>57031228
>When you root them, they gimp the camera processing
not anymore it seems. That was when they got released.
>>57030703
You are cancer, fuck off man.
>>
>>57030777
>don't listen to these anti-samsung shills
you are either a retard that doesn't know what the hell are you talking about or you never had a S2. If you had, you would known by now that Samsung just made pretty much every possible effort a company can do to be like an iPhone while doing cheap shit phones. And the latest funny news about the phones exploding isn't the only ocurrence of this happening either.
>>
>>57031987
t. Tim Cook
>>
>>57031762
>Get an iphone/samsung
>Camera isn't that great
>Z3 is amazing, magnetic charging
>Z5 is pretty good all around but not amazing
>X has more features and is only $40 more
Nah, I'm pretty sure I read through everything so piss off.
Not interested in Apple or Samsung, just had an S6 not going back.
Any other decent small phones?
>>
>>57032036
Ignorant nigger, read again. If you still don't understand just go buy an iphone and shove it up your ass, you seem to like that kind of shit.
>>
>>57032088
if you wanted a featureless phone, why didn't you just get corded house phone?
>>
>>57032088
why is magnetic charging anyhow important? It's a little gimmick that's in use only once per day.
>>
>>57032090
>>>/pol/
>>
>>57032138
>>>/ghetto/
>>
>>57032121
Pray tell what features I would be missing out on with a Z5C and name another small phone with such features.
>>57032132
It's nice but I don't really care for it.
>>
>>57032132
Without it the Z3 would be garbage because of the charging port flaps
>>
Apart from the magnetic charging the Z3C is pretty good. Seriously that magnetic charger port is utter shit. I had to send my Z3C in to repair because the port got loose after a few months which basically killed the waterproof.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.