[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Watercooling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Kraken.jpg (194KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Kraken.jpg
194KB, 1500x1500px
Is AIO water cooling a meme?
Are the gains really negligible or is it actually worth it to go with one over air cooling?
>>
>>57029408
open loop > Noctua > closed loop
>>
>>57029501
>pajeet thinks poo fans are somewhere on the watercooling scale
Ladies and /g/entoomen.. THIS is how dewelopers ruined microsoft.
>>
>>57029408

AiO's add 2 more points of failure, pump and hoses.

Air coolers are too heavy for skylake and bend the chips

it's a bleak world we live in right now
>>
>>57029408
Yes. If you're autistic enough to even want to cool electronic devices with a liquid conductor go with a custom loop. If not just stick with air
>>
>>57029671
There is nothing wrong with mixing water and electronics.
>>
>>57029690
But a problem with mixing water and electricity.
>>
>>57029408
Op dont listen to these autist poorfags who cant even get hands on watercooling but will comment on pros and cons. Have watercooling myself and biggest issue for me is my gpu that is air cooled... very happy otherwise with corsair closed loop.

3820 if not wrong running on 4.5ghz on low temps and low noise. Doing some 3d rendering on it often. Before was air cooled and it was loud and could not pull that oc.

My main pc 6700k runs on 4.7ghz with h110i. Tried to put h90 on mine 780ti gpu but board did not fit mouth.
>>
>>57029700
Water doesn't conduct electricity
>>
>>57029700
>he doesn't know distilled water
>>
>>57029792
But the impurities in the water do.
>>
>>57029408
Depends on your budget. Low end water costs about the same as high end air and in that challenge air wins by a landslide. If you have money to spare water is superior, else stay with air.
>>
I bought one of the nicer AIO coolers (Nepton 240m) and the pump made godawful noise and it didn't make my 6700k substantially cooler. I had them refund me and I bought a 212 Evo and have been comfy ever since.
>>
How do you guys feel about the dark rock 3?
>>
>>57029408
There is no closed loop solution that beats the best air cooler in an adequate case.
AIO makes sense if you are running a SFF build.

Apart from that, it's a meme for the razer generation
>>
>>57029648
>>57029408
AiO dual rads for like 130-150 bucks barely outperform an NH-D15 which compared to them offers 6 years warranty while not endangering your system if it leaks.

AiO pump failure on OCed chip at load might fuck your shit.
Tower still works passiv and gives the chip time for emergency throttle or shutdown.
>>
>>57029812
>implying I dont have pure water readily available
Hi pajeet
>>
>>57030846
>mounting 3 pounds with plenty of height for leverage on your motherboard
>>
>>57029667
Complete FUD
1/10
>>
>>57031075
Yes, because as long as you do not throw the PC around from person to person with >=3m idstances like FedEX, UPS, DHL and how ever they are called it is no problem at all.
>>
File: temp-load.jpg (106KB, 700x578px) Image search: [Google]
temp-load.jpg
106KB, 700x578px
>>57030846

>AiO dual rads for like 130-150 bucks barely outperform an NH-D15
This.

Decided to go with the NH-D15 instead of watercooling, for my new 6800k build.

My brother has the Kraken X61 and while it manages to keep things cool, downside is the noise.
The pump is shit tier and will start making clicking noises if it's in the silent mode and fans are pretty damn loud.
The NH-15D is almost exatly on par or even better than Corsair's high end AIOs, but most importantly it's completely silent and a lot safer.
Not to mention 50% cheaper.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.