[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I gave Linux several chances. I wanted to like it really hard.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 342
Thread images: 84

File: No_linux.png (44KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
No_linux.png
44KB, 334x393px
I gave Linux several chances. I wanted to like it really hard. Seriously. But how can I install this in my main computer, with all these bugs, errors and mismanaged ideas? The only good thing of Linux distros is the font rendering, but they fuck it with the general ugly design...
>>
>>57025272

Botnet is pretty comfy isn't it?
>>
As with anything skill that's deep and complex, you probably should find a skilled helper to help you out. There is no shame in asking skilled friends for their skills and an hour of their time.
>>
>>57025272
I'll bet you reboot to fix problems.
>>
File: 1475716007725.jpg (48KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1475716007725.jpg
48KB, 480x360px
>>57025272
I use it because I am unbelievably dissatisfied with Windows 10. It has caused my PC nothing but problems since I upgraded. Soon as I get one problem fixed another one arises, and in some instances, the same problem arises again. Mind you I had not a SINGLE one of these when I was running windows 7. I want windows 10 gone. It is a piece of crap that windows should have actually worked on before they released. Pathetic. Anyways! I missed the 30 day rollback period and I want to know how do I get this junk off my system? I get an error when I try to format my C: Drive saying I can't format it, I can't install windows XP (the option on the installer is grayed out), I can't reinstall my copy of Windows 7 as it I get the 0x6 error saying that the installation files could not be updated. HOW DO I GET WINDOWS 10 OFF MY COMPUTER? And a new hard drive isn't in the equation for me right now. Can't afford that. Microsoft if you really made it so I can't remove this piece of crap!! off my computer, then that is probably the stupidest thing you people have ever done. Sorry if I sound offensive. I'm EXTREMELY pissed off with Microsoft and their pathetic excuse for an Operating System.
>>
>>57025272
Install Linux Mint. It's what weened me off Windows 10. LM is GOAT.
>>
File: 1475103947381.jpg (29KB, 626x626px) Image search: [Google]
1475103947381.jpg
29KB, 626x626px
Jokes on you I never had any problems since windows 10 came out and started using Linux.
>>
>>57025272
And, FUD.
>>
>>57025272
I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact a Desktop Environment.
Linux is just a goddamn kernel, so how the fuck can it have >general ugly design?

Anyhow, you should just try diffrent DE`s and see which one you like best.
You want something customizable? get KDE.
You want something retardproof that just werks? get Gnome.
You want to pretend you are a macfag? you might like pantheon.
You just want it to get out of your way and let you work? try Mate
etc
>>
File: 4chan_facebook.png (24KB, 800x384px)
4chan_facebook.png
24KB, 800x384px
>>57025300
>>
>>57025319
what this cuck says
>>
>>57025272
>good thing of Linux distros is the font rendering

The font rendering in Debian is complete and utter shit. Other than that it's been rock solid for me for the last 5 years. Perhaps you are retarded I don't know.
>>
This is not meant to be a bait or something but what the fuck are people talking about? Been using Windows 10 since it came out and I haven't had any problems so far.
>>
>>57025949
Nice try Pajeet. Two rupees have been deposited into your account.
>>
>>57025970
Top fucking kek. Linux has 1000x more problems.

>X is a fucking mess, unsecure and unperformant
>Wayland still not fully supported
>KDE still buggy as fuck and still no Wayland support
>XFCE, LXDE, Mate, Cinnamon and WM's etc.. rely on X which is shit
>Open Source NVIDIA and AMD drivers still don't offer full OpenCL support
>Proprietary NVIDIA and AMD drivers rely on X which is cancer and breaks after every system update
>Filepicker thumbnail ayy lmao
>no proper DAW and plugins avalable
>>
>>57026124
>>no proper DAW and plugins avalable
tfw we will never have Cubase or Logic Pro X for Linux.
>>
>>57026200
I'm just waiting for some freetard who never had to do anything with music production to show up and say "Bitwig"
>>
>>57025298
(you)
>>
File: 1474389028164.jpg (63KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1474389028164.jpg
63KB, 633x758px
>>57026223
Is it that bad?
>>
>>57026265
Yes.
>>
>>57026281
I'm starting with Cubase Elements 8, composing progressive rock. Will I miss a more advanced DAW?
>>
Yeah I stopped using Linux much after getting a MacBook. macOS is like Linux but everything works. I'm going to give Linux another shot this week though.
>>
>>57026319
>Will I miss a more advanced DAW?
In your case, CB Elements will be more than sufficient. I also work with Cubase but I have the Pro version (because of VariAudio).
>>
>>57026361
Interesting. Any soundcloud project?
>>
File: Screenshot_20161011_220849.png (50KB, 747x558px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161011_220849.png
50KB, 747x558px
>>57026124
>>X is a fucking mess, unsecure and unperformant
Underpormant is a real issue, Insecure and mess? nah. Don't pretend you give a shit about the code base - you wouldn't be using windows in the first place it that was the case
>>Wayland still not fully supported
Both Fedora and KDE LTS are one release away from native release
>>KDE still buggy as fuck and still no Wayland support
KDE isn't buggy, learn how to use a proper driver. No wayland supprt? Kill yourself fuckwit
https://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blog/2016/05/running-plasma-wayland-on-kde-neon/
>>XFCE, LXDE, Mate, Cinnamon and WM's etc.. rely on X which is shit
Works okay, install compton
>>Open Source NVIDIA and AMD drivers still don't offer full OpenCL support
Define ""full""
>>X breaks after every system update
Oh you never installed Linux did you
>>Filepicker thumbnail ayy lmao
Fuck off
>>no proper DAW and plugins avalable
That's not any distros problem
>>
>bugs
Open BSD does not have this problem

It's your fault for using an immature operating system like GNU/Linux
>>
>>57026471
>He thinks his software is free of bugs
Dumb BSDbabby
>>
>>57026482
no software is free from bugs

BSD is not rushed out the door to hop onto whatever the corporate-viraled bandwagon of the week is, though

if Linux seems broken to you, it's because it is. BSD will make you reach a little more, but it won't blow up in your face
>>
>>57026505
>if Linux seems broken to you, it's because it is.
>BSD is broken because it isn't broken

Please take your mental gymnastics somewhere else
>>
>>57025298
>5 rupees have been deposited into your account.
>>
The proprietary Nvidia drivers never allow my computer to shut down on Ubuntu or anything based on that. Fedora will never boot and allow me to install. Guess I'm stuck using windows.
>>
>>57026411
Yea but you can see my RL data on SC, don't want to post it here.
>>57026463
I knew this kind of response was coming.
>Underpormant is a real issue, Insecure and mess? nah. Don't pretend you give a shit about the code base - you wouldn't be using windows in the first place it that was the case
Top fucking kek. You have to use compositors or workaround xorg configs to avoid screen tearing n shit.
>Both Fedora and KDE LTS are one release away from native release
Yea.. that's what they've been saying about Wayland for over two years.
>KDE isn't buggy, learn how to use a proper driver. No wayland supprt? Kill yourself fuckwit
https://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blog/2016/05/running-plasma-wayland-on-kde-neon/
Wayland on KDE Neon is very experimental, it's only available on the Alpha. Nice try, faggot.
>Works okay, install compton
stick that gay ass compositor in your sister's pussy.
>Define ""full""
Pretty much anything that requires proper GPU computation. Mining for example doesn't work without proprietary drivers.
>Oh you never installed Linux did you
And you never installed proprietary drivers on Linux
>Fuck off
ayy.. he's getting personal
>That's not any distros problem
sure it is, nobody want's to develop Tools for that abomination you call OS
>>
>>57025272
Which distros? Have you tried Fedora?
>>
The learning curve was worth it to me. In exchange I get better security and more control.

But if all you care about is watching YouTube and emailing your Mom- and there's nothing wrong with that- then Windows or Apple is a better fit for you.
>>
>>57026223
Bitwig, dick-face.
>>
Try TrueOS, nigger.
>>
>>57026571
>>Underpormant is a real issue, Insecure and mess? nah. Don't pretend you give a shit about the code base - you wouldn't be using windows in the first place it that was the case
So what's stopping you from installing compositors?
>Yea.. that's what they've been saying about Wayland for over two years.
>Sees the link
>hurr durr it'z alpha
Cry more faggot
>sees solution
>"stick that gay ass compositor in your sister's pussy. :-DDD"
>ayy he's getting personal XDD

Retard
>>
>>57025343
Same here senpai
>>
>>57026669
>So what's stopping you from installing compositors?
I don't want to use X in the first place because it's unsafe as fuck. Also is compositing not a solution but a workaround for screen tearing.
>Cry more faggot
lmao, do you know how many GTK applications still crash because of Wayland? Even on Gnome they still do.. and Gnome is WAY further in terms of Wayland support.

Buy hey, have fun being an Alpha testing faggot.
>>
>>57025272
>how can I install this in my main computer

Start off by NOT making your own linux/blog/hate thread to cry and whine in and shit the board up with what a fucking child you are.

then find the friendly linux thread

fucking lurk and read and participate in that for a week or three

read the fucking wiki

!== profit
>>
>>57026712
>I don't want to use X in the first place because it's unsafe as fuck
>unsafe as fuck
>continues to use unsafe OS

This is why you don't bite retard bait
>>
>>57025313
Create another partition, move data there, format partition with windows and overwrite.
>>
>>57026565
this is Nvidia's fault, not any OS's
in the future you're better off using intel graphics

>>57026539
Open BSD is thoroughly audited to be not broken

99% of the time something goes wrong with the base system install, it's drivers
>>
>>57026764
correlation != causation. everybody knows why Windows has the highest numbers.
>>
>>57026764
>le security as a product meem
>>
>>57026799
Because it's unsafe?
>>
File: barkbarf.jpg (64KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
barkbarf.jpg
64KB, 576x1024px
>install mint/ubuntu/debian/etc
>its literally a watered down windows OS with a terminal
>instead of annoying bugs, there are actual flaws that cause me to be unable to get work done
>wemustgodeeper.webm
>attempt to go full /g/ austistic weeaboo and install arch/gentoo
>install process is grueling
>follow guides/scour the wiki to try and stay afloat
>hit yet another speed bump before even being able to use my pc again
>this ones a doozy
>no solutions online
>still havent gotten any work done
>get frustrated and begrudgingly install another shitty OS
how do you put up with this shit /g/?
>>
>>57026839
because Windows literally has 10000x more users than Linux and nobody gives a shit writing malware for Linux? Actually writing Malware for Linux is easier than for Windows but nevermind..

You know how many users got fucked because of the AUR or other unofficial repositories?

>inb4 it's the users fault
same applies to Windows, nigger. If you're not retarded, it's almost impossible to get an infection on Windows.
>>
>>57026869
>literally a watered down windows OS
Not at all.
>unable to get work done
What "work" do you do?
>how do you put up with this shit /g/?
I'm on Debian and never had any of these problems.
>>
>>57026869
>install arch/gentoo
Why would you frustrate yourself even further when you don't have the basics under control?
>>
>>57026939
>Debian
nice font rendering you got there
>>
File: pasta2.png (2MB, 1532x5990px) Image search: [Google]
pasta2.png
2MB, 1532x5990px
>>57026871
>Windows literally has 10000x more users than Linux
Wrong
>Writing malware is easier on Linux
Oh boy
>>
>>57026869
it's your fault for installing broken operating systems

Use a real Unix OS like macOS or Open BSD
>>
>>57026961
Were all your vague "problems" so easily refuted that you could only make up a new one?
>>
>>57026565
I've been using proprietary Nvidia drivers since my first computer. Nearly all of my laptops and desktops have had Nvidia cards. I run Slackware on all of them and not once have I had a driver issue, ever.
>>
>>57026774
>99% of the time something goes wrong with the base system install, it's drivers

Its just like Linux, then. Unless you're using shitty meme distros just to feel like a snowflake in the internet.
>>
>>57026571
>screen tearing
Never seen this on any Linux PC, including mine.
>>
>>57026764
lel Xorg not even on the list

>>57026712
>unsafe as fuck
I'm guessing you heard this from some shitposter on /g/ and believed it because you don't know any better. please explain in as much detail as you can why X is inherently unsafe (and just X, not specific programs such as window managers, etc. that run in X) and how this would affect you.
>>
>>57026963
For personal compters it's true.

Servers on the other hand are dominated by Linux. Top TEN million servers have 67.8% Linux and to ONE million has 98.3%. An easy way to show you're an amateur in server design is that you use Windows for it.

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems#Public_servers_on_the_Internet
>>
>>57026963
Where's the first part of this?
>>
>>57026764
>all microsoft alert gathered in a single row
>for ALL their products
>"HAHA WINDOWS IS LESS SECURE THAN LINUX LMAO"
Wow, literally kill yourself.
>>
File: pasta1.png (1MB, 1528x3618px) Image search: [Google]
pasta1.png
1MB, 1528x3618px
>>57027181
here

>>57027191
Ayy lmao wintard on mount damage control
>>
File: picking files.png (80KB, 914x593px)
picking files.png
80KB, 914x593px
>>57026124
>>Filepicker thumbnail ayy lmao
AYY LMAO
>>
>>57026565
The only time I ever had problems with NVIDIA drivers was with KDE.
Besides that, I never had any problems at all using Mint or Ubuntu flavours.
Meanwhile, I had to ask for a refund on Win10 because my parents tried installing that on their computer and found out that it didn't support any of their hardware, when they were using Win8 just fine.
>>
File: pasta3.png (299KB, 819x1600px)
pasta3.png
299KB, 819x1600px
>>57027207
>>
>>57027207
>massive wall of text by some yuropoor
Sure, because if you compare the total number of security alerts for all Microsoft products to the number of security alerts for the Linux kernel only, then that's a totally sensible comparison.

>lintards grasping at straws
>>
>>57025272
>bugs, errors
>but they fuck it with the general ugly design...
>design

did you by any chance try ubuntu?
>>
Linux has never worked for me on amd hardware period. I've got two laptops. One is fairly modern and has two SSDs in it dual booting windows and Linux just fine. It's fantastic.

The other laptop I tried putting JUST Linux on. Install works, then it just never boots after restarting it. The problem is the amd drivers. Both open source and closed source ones are garbage.

I also have a spare desktop. I recently tried putting Ubuntu 16 on it, but it doesn't even get to the install screen. Video output just stops. Meanwhile windows installed just fine.
>>
File: 1474314206428.jpg (50KB, 900x599px) Image search: [Google]
1474314206428.jpg
50KB, 900x599px
>neo /g the thread.
Fucking sub 80 IQ monkeys can't read and shitpost instead.
>muh adobu muh music production
Buy a Mac you poorfag, Windows is subpar when it comes to media production and that's why OSX is the industry standard.
>>
>>57026869
>not staying with debloated Windows 10
It's like you want to hurt yourself, anon
>>
>>57027252
>massive wall of text
Do you decide on security issues based on your gut feeling?
>durr readin is hard!!
>>
>>57027252
In a nutshell, you don't want to read long and well made papers, you'd rather mock the amount of text.
Here's your (you)
>>
>>57027283
debloated wangblows 10 requires 2GB memory
>>
>>57027276
>Linux has never worked for me on amd hardware period
You should actually have left it at that because what comes after it is irrelevant to everyone but you.
>>
>>57027309
>well made paper
>title gives away right away it's an obvious rant
KYS

>>57027296
Do you believe in security as a product?
>>
>>57027276
I installed Linux on more than 10 computers and never had issue with any amd shit though

IDK man maybe you should try more updated distros
>>
>>57027322
What does product security have to do with your being a clueless retard who can't read and dismisses arguments because they were made by yuropoors because that's your level of expertise?
>>
>>57027317
You're a fucking autist jesus christ.
>>
>>57027332
Maybe he should ask a friend who can effectively read.
>>
File: Untitled.png (307KB, 1368x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
307KB, 1368x768px
>>57027310
But that's a lie you little shit
and my w10 is not even debloated. All services are enabled by default. You can go down to 600MB (including Intel iGPU reserved RAM)
>>
>>57027340
Wow those windows expert arguments really make you think...
>>
>>57027332
These were all Ubuntu 14/16 installs. On the older laptop I managed to get Mint installed, but not with the proprietary drivers.

I should note my issue has always been with AMD APUs specifically.
>>
>>57027335

Your level of expertise is believing in security as a product and taking Internet rants seriously, so...
>>
>>57027345
>But that's a lie you little shit
Wow winbabbies don't even know about their OS

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dn798752.aspx
>>
>>57027282
OSX is not the industry standard for media production anymore, seeing as the possibilities on both OSX and Windows are the same.

Only Linux has been left behind.
>>
>>57027322
Not him, but I literally read the paper for 1 minute and it already points out critical flaws.
>>
>>57027357
Ok, your shitposting doesn't even qualify as internet rant so I guess you're fine with nobody taking you seriously?
>>
>>57027349
It has nothing to do with Windows. You have a serious issue with basic social skills and I genuinely hope you are able to deal with them in the near future in a healthy manner.
>>
>>57027375
Alright, I guess I shouldn't blame Windows users just because you personally are a retard.
>>
>>57027366
But it is the industry standard since most liberal arts colleges tech their "students" to work with OSX, that's why you see so much Macs in that field.
Plus Windows will never compete since Windows 10 updates are broken, you need the uptime for rendering.
>>
>>57027362
So? It's just a recommendation you retarded negroid. It doesn't mean the OS uses 1/2GB.
If you have less than 2GB of RAM in 2016... maybe you should stay with your baby linux os.
>>
File: 1476159717198.jpg (216KB, 1280x800px)
1476159717198.jpg
216KB, 1280x800px
>>
>>57027393
I'm serious anon. Please see a therapist. Acting like this is clearly caused by a troubled past that you have yet to deal with. Bullied in school, abused by a parent, whatever it is you need to deal with it so you can stop taking all that bottled hate up on random people you meet. You'll never make it anywhere in life with an attitude like that. Please, go seek help.
>>
>>57027416
>loses argument miserably
>lol if you have less than 2 GB RAM bla bla bla

Kill yourself shitstain
>>
>>57027372

You shitpost me but demand quality post back? You gonna keep getting shitpost until you get serious, you fag.

>>57027370

Like?
>>
>>57027428
Ok, you can stop posting in a thread about a topic you don't understand now and go back to the facebook arguments about nothing you are obviously used to.
>>
>>57027431
>poorfag subhuman with 1990 computer crying over linux being superior
haahahhahaha, you're pathetic
>>
File: Screenshot_20161012_012543.png (13KB, 719x138px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161012_012543.png
13KB, 719x138px
>>57027416
>recommendation
idiot
>>
>>57025319
epic
>>
>>57027459
See >>57027431
>>
>>57027436
I am being serious with you. Why should anyone care what a clueless retard like you has to say about Linux?
>>
>>57027431
Unused RAM is wasted ram, you negroidal subhuman.
>>
>>57027412
>Windows 10 updates are broken
uwotm8

I've disabled updates on my desktop and I never had to restart for anything. Also, the fact that they're being taught in using X instead of Y doesn't make X the industry standard, it makes the university a shitty university. I'm not even going to talk about how they should teach them to use the actual software related to their field of work instead of the OS. But it's liberal arts students so who the fuck even cares about them.
>>
>>57027436
"The point is that these problems are impossible to fix of even properly diagnose because most of the Windows operating system is beyond the users' or administrators' control"
>>
File: 7b1.gif (446KB, 278x200px) Image search: [Google]
7b1.gif
446KB, 278x200px
>>57026571
>very technical
>much new info
>contributor of the year
>free software awards on the way

Whining didn't solved for me any issue since i left kindergarten. You may have other exp. e-crusade don't change anything.
>>
>>57027471
What the fuck, kid? See >>57027310
>>
File: Win10-no.png (31KB, 992x624px)
Win10-no.png
31KB, 992x624px
>>57025343
Same here. The drivers for my no-name gamepad didn't work at all under Win10 and only hardly under Windows 7. On Linux, I just needed to install jstest-gtk and it worked immediately. Same with my endoscope, needed a special software under Windows, on Linux works any webcam software from the software center. Pretty comfy.

To OP: Was in the same situation 2-3 years ago. The graphics driver for my laptop didn't word and I was overstrained by all this. But I tested it some a few moths ago again and now is Linux Mint my main OS. Apt-Get is fucking nice, everything works (for me). Maybe you come on day to this point either. Linux isn't that hard if you understood it once.
>>
File: 12.png (5KB, 597x192px) Image search: [Google]
12.png
5KB, 597x192px
>>57027489
>buhuuu 2016 OS with actual OOBE functionality recommends using 2005-approved average amount of RAM
Holy shit you're fucking autistic. Seek medical help
>>
>>57026764
There is a flaw in X that if a gui shit compromised it will let the attacker botnet you. It can be solved mostly with cgroups.
>>
>He has to disable security updates to get a usable system that won't reatard randomly
Wincuck everyone, enjoy your botnets.
>>
File: 1462187158987.jpg (69KB, 540x721px) Image search: [Google]
1462187158987.jpg
69KB, 540x721px
>>57027225
Anon, Thank you for the good read and laugh. It's been amusing.
>>
>>57027532
you don't have to disable anything, just set it to notify only.
>what is group policy
>>
>>57027507
>endoscope
Anon, please explain.
>>
File: 1456323866605.jpg (2MB, 2000x1200px)
1456323866605.jpg
2MB, 2000x1200px
>>57027517
>Can't even recover a lost argument
>lol ur autistic XDDD
This is what happens when we open the flood gates for wintoddlers and pretend their toddler toy video gaming computers and their relevant gaming OS has anything to do with technology. Making a babycare fruity toddler gamerbabby hugbox was a terrible mistake.
>>
>>57027469
>ad hominem
Okay kid, fuck off.

>>57027481
That's projecting, just because the author doesn't know how to control the OS doesn't mean it's not possible. Goes to show how I was right about that text.
>>
>>57027532
>buhuu I can't configure my OS properly, fucking microsofts! MOOOM! I'm switching to linux! Cancel my meetings!
>>
>>57027532
At least I don't have to spend 7 hours debugging my installation after an update because said update broke every little thing that semi-worked.
>>
File: 1462639170996.png (406KB, 570x489px) Image search: [Google]
1462639170996.png
406KB, 570x489px
>>57027538
>every updates revert the update configuration
>>
>>57027570
top kek
>>
>>57027570
see >>57027563
>>
ITT: anonymous NEET faggots from 4chan trying to define what's normal and what's not
If you value your time (which you can spend with your family, for example) you should keep Windows installed and avoid linux on desktop computers as much as you can. Linux is a hobby OS that is only really useful on servers and some embedded devices, NOT desktops/laptops.
>>
>>57027563
>7 hours
Takes 7 minutes for people that are able to read
>>
>>57027589
So, nobody who uses linux?
>>
File: 1475785654831.jpg (435KB, 1177x2676px) Image search: [Google]
1475785654831.jpg
435KB, 1177x2676px
>>57027583
There was a winshill trying to force his windows servers meme last week
>>
>>57027589
>he has to read entire books on "how to use bash" in order to perform simple system upgrade
See: >>57027583
linux is a hobby OS for antisocial, alone people
>>
>>57027553
I-I'm using it for small things falling to unreachable places.

70 75 74 74 69 6E 67 69 74 69 6E 61 73 73 64 69 64 6E 27 74 77 6F 72 6B
>>
>>57027597
>nobody
everybody*
>>
File: 1476046374944.png (304KB, 488x381px)
1476046374944.png
304KB, 488x381px
>>57027577
>ebin maybay
>>
>>57027602
Spotted the NEET
>>
>>57027598
Where did I say "windows servers", you fucking retard? I just said linux belongs to servers you negroid
>>
>>57026223
Ardour
>>
File: Screenshot_20161012_014134.png (496KB, 1178x572px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161012_014134.png
496KB, 1178x572px
>>57027618
Oh okay :^)
>>
>>57027605
Unless your profession requires, for some specific just reason, that you use Linux, it's become very clear to people that >>57027583 is correct.
>>
>>57027640
Can you please stop quoting yourself, its pretty obvious you know..
>>
File: fuckoffm8.jpg (43KB, 997x245px) Image search: [Google]
fuckoffm8.jpg
43KB, 997x245px
>>57027651
see filename
>>
File: 432.png (294KB, 1368x768px) Image search: [Google]
432.png
294KB, 1368x768px
>>57027651
You're autistic
>>
File: 1470538395544.png (155KB, 792x946px) Image search: [Google]
1470538395544.png
155KB, 792x946px
Why is Microsoft declining?

Back in the days they used to impress people with good software. Are they interested in hiring shills more than programmers these days?

You know it when you see Microsoft tries to compensate the lack of customers' interest with political moves such as intel/lenovo deals.
They are so desperate they are
>giving away windows 10 for free
>taking adware approach to force people to install windows 10
>locking down CPU vendors to run windows 10 only
>>
>>57027672
>linux_will_never_look_this_good.png
>>
File: embarrassing.png (74KB, 184x183px) Image search: [Google]
embarrassing.png
74KB, 184x183px
>>57027676
>Microsoft used to impress people with good software
>>
>>57027557
"For many years Microsoft's own email servers have been protected by third party secudity software. This amounts to a recognition of the fact that Exchange on Windows nees such third party assistance to provide even a basic level of system security"

"The most recent example of Microsoft's awareness of the shortcoming of their own products this far is how some of Microsoft's own top executives had trouble getting Windows Vista to work in the weeks after its release" I know it's not the faults per se, but it's still funny

"A Windows in a TCP/IP environment still uses a NetBIOS name. [- -] If it weren't for the fact that it is possible to encapsulate NetBIOS/NetBEUI traffic in a TCP/IP envelope, connecting Windows to the real world would be totally impossible."
>>
>>57027598

And you got so triggered by it that you actually had to make an infogram to try to debunk it.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161009_094154.png (58KB, 1133x174px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161009_094154.png
58KB, 1133x174px
>>57027676
Well, they ARE declining

Google will probably kill Microsoft some days
>>
>>57027688
Microsoft used to have great products.
Office was fast and stable, not the Facebook UI shit they have now.
Exchange and Windows server in general was great.
Now they don't even support things like Docker.
>>
>>57027598
Thanks. Added to my collection.
>>
ITT: we post nice things Linux will never have:
>95% of games
>Professional software
>Active Directory domain with integration services that will actually work in big companies
>nice batttery life on mobile devices
>nice touch support on desktops/laptops (implying Android, kek)
>hardware support, well maintained drivers
>games
>>
File: 1454642677951.jpg (174KB, 980x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1454642677951.jpg
174KB, 980x1040px
>>57027725
>Microsoft used to have great products
>>
>>57027725
>Windows server
>great
wew lad
e
w

l
a
d
>>
>>57027742
Relevance.
>>
File: 1455953544842.jpg (34KB, 300x470px) Image search: [Google]
1455953544842.jpg
34KB, 300x470px
>>57027742
>gay men
>gay men

Straight to >>>/trash/, manchild
>>
File: 1448724949889.jpg (140KB, 778x1018px)
1448724949889.jpg
140KB, 778x1018px
>>57027742
>vydia
>vydia
>Nvidia drivers experience lol! team green XDD!11!
>>
I haven't had a lot of problems. I've been running Linux since the mid-1990s. Left for a few years to run Windows 7 and World of Warcraft (my co-workers all played, had a guild, etc.). After WoW died I returned to Linux and things are better than they've ever been. I'm not a dummy though, so that helps.
>>
>>57027748
Stop laughing. XP sp2 was good and F# was promising.

>>57027742
"""nice""" gaymes.
>>
File: 1464677836686.png (63KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1464677836686.png
63KB, 450x450px
>>57027604
Anon... Anon, please.
>>
>>57025272
What distros did you tried? Which errors happened? What's your specs?

Sounds like you're one unskilled faggot.
>>
File: tlou.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
tlou.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>57027770
>buhuu gaymes are only for kids lelelele memes XD
You're a fedora-wearing retard with intellectual loss
>>
>>57027604
9dda5522-90b4-42d8-a318-b9a5ae1e7d70
>>
>>57027770
Whoa, someone is triggered by men having things they can enjoy. How's that feminism working out for you, stronk wymyn?
>>
File: 1467282820940.jpg (543KB, 1100x1002px) Image search: [Google]
1467282820940.jpg
543KB, 1100x1002px
>>57027802
>I'm an intellectual adult who is devoted to video gaming

LMAO NEET NECKBEARD MANCHILD HEEHEHEHEHEEHE
>>
File: 1467557003265s.jpg (3KB, 125x119px) Image search: [Google]
1467557003265s.jpg
3KB, 125x119px
>>57027802
>triggered /v kid.
>>
>>57027784
Well, I guess it's better to be a gaymur manchildren with actual friends and plans for future than anime-watching faggot loser that's going to suicide in the next 5 years
also most gaymers are adults.
>>
>>57027812
>>57027815
Feminists pseudointellectuals fuck off back to your containment board >>>/his/
>>
>>57027826
>also most gaymers are adults.
>this is what a manbaby believes
>>
>>57027832
gaymerbabby wintoddler go fuck off back to your daycare board >>>/v/
>>
>>57027837
>s-stop liking what I don't like!!!
Who's the child here?
>>
>>57027709
Hurray for actual good programming while having dread over your privacy.

Oh well....
>>
>>57027845
>who's the child here
one that plays video games
>>
>>57027843

You sound frustrated.
>>
File: 1453864411618.jpg (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1453864411618.jpg
5KB, 200x200px
>>57027826
>>57027832
>>57027853
>another /v kid gets mad.
>>
>>57027857
meant for >>57027832
>>
File: esa-on-games.jpg (53KB, 1099x677px)
esa-on-games.jpg
53KB, 1099x677px
>>57027837
Yes, well, I got actual data on it.
What do you have to prove your point? Personal experience? We both know people are avoiding you in real life, so how do you know?
>>
>>57027742
>95% of games
It can already play over 80% games
>Professional software
That's what people used to say about games. You still have tons of alternatives some of which are better.
>big companies not having technologically competent workers which would set up Linux for free instead of pajeets using m$
>nice batttery life on mobile devices
It probably will when someone competent starts developing.
>nice touch support on desktops/laptops (implying Android, kek)
>touch on desktops
>hardware support, well maintained drivers
Works on my machineâ„¢
>games
>listing games twice
I'm sure you're an autist now.
>>
>>57025272
>But how can I install this in my main computer,

You can't. It's just that simple. Using an auto-installing distros is just too difficult. And even if you did get it installed, then what? You still have to install the Internet, which is impossible, and Word won't run on it. You are really dodging a bullet here my friend. Your life could get ruined if you keep attempting to use Ubuntu.

You should stick to Windows. Literally 10 out of 9 Pajeets highly recommend Windows, and these 'people' are fucking smart. They are born knowing everything about maths, science, engineering, driving cabs, and computers. The only reason they have to go to school and get degrees is just pure racism. It's like the world refuses to accept that they are genetically predisposed to knowing all this shit, and are unfairly forced to prove it via school. How many other races have to do the same thing?

Luckily India has an excellent university system, that doesn't waste time on technical nonsense, and instead focuses on teaching them how to communicate with normal people entirely through shrieking, how to move to the US and get the government to buy them hotels and gas stations and send their brilliant children to Ivy League schools, how to avoid using indoor plumbing correctly, ignoring personal hygiene, etc. These folks know what they are doing and talking about. You would do very good to listen to them no matter how much doing so makes your ears hurt. Oh well, I see it lunch time. Time to eat a delicious weggie burger.
>>
File: 5.png (54KB, 458x509px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
54KB, 458x509px
>>57027861
Nice meme!
>>
>>57027742
So openstack isn't professional.
I don't care AD
ACPI can be better, i have longer battery life on memepad with linux, than windows stuff.
out of the box it doesn't support much think, at least not as much a generic kernel do and the drivers are sometimes even better.
nice b8 btw
>>
>>57027864
These are known as "manchildren", plural for "manchild"
>>
>>57027864
>I got muh data
That's obviously fake.
>>
>>57027742
>95% of games
Try google and let me know what a virtual machine is.
>>
>>57027864
>He thinks his rated M for edgy call of battlefield games are played by grown ups
>>
File: 1474554154326.gif (564KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
1474554154326.gif
564KB, 800x430px
>>57027869
>falling for /v shitpost.
>>57027880
>more than one frustrated /v manchildren is shitposting
Who knew...
>>
File: 1456141365684.jpg (28KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1456141365684.jpg
28KB, 250x242px
>>57027906
my sides
>>
File: nigger_niggering.png (4KB, 444x113px) Image search: [Google]
nigger_niggering.png
4KB, 444x113px
>>57027854
How about "the one who isn't puerile enough to care what other people do or give a shit about what other people think of him"?

>>57027862
You're a nigger. Pic related.
>>
>>57027915
>Pic related.
I know that trick XD
>>
>>57027891
http://www.theesa.com/about-esa/industry-facts/
>Yes, the government always lies! Only We, the Anonymous of 4chan - your daily source of information - are telling the truth!
Your autism is exceeding all my expectations. Congratulations.
>>
>>57027906
>>57027923

Why are women so insecure that they can't handle the fact men can have other enjoyments in life besides them? Let us enjoy our videogames in peace, you stupid feminists!
>>
>>57027915
>I don't give a shit if people call me gaymer manchild
That's a good idea
>>
>>57027932

>s-stop playing video games! th-they're sexist!

Your insecurity is showing, girl.
>>
>>57027915
>caring about what some anonymous frustrated vir/g/ins think about you
>ever
I hope you don't do that.
>>
File: 1459602727720.png (167KB, 709x636px) Image search: [Google]
1459602727720.png
167KB, 709x636px
>>57027930
>>57027938
>Let us enjoy our videogames
Go back to your home board, /v/ toddler
>>
>>57027938
>they're sexist
No they are childish

Grow the fuck up manbaby
>>
File: 5eb.jpg (26KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
5eb.jpg
26KB, 600x750px
>>57027930
>Women don't understand my sophisticated hobbies.
>*tips fedora*
The /v kid.
>>
>>57027946
Stop spamming this thread with your meme images, you arrogant little shit.
>>
>>57027946
>>57027951
>>57027955
>men are enjoying video-games instead of worshipping us
>better shame them by calling them childish
It's not working, girls. Try another tactic.
>>
This thread is a perfect example of how disturbed Linux users are. It's generally known that most on this board use Linux to appear "superior" and more tech savy. As soon as you confront them with facts and prove how shitty Linux on the Desktop is, they say it's because of you and come up with things like "works on my machine".. suddenly a "Linux just werks" transforms into "you're just retarded".

prime example of an inferiority complex.
>>
>>57025298
Does anyone here actually know what a botnet is?
>>
>>57027955
ehehehehehehehe toppest of the top keks, anon
>>
File: 1439773960445.jpg (14KB, 466x359px) Image search: [Google]
1439773960445.jpg
14KB, 466x359px
>>57027959
>the buttmad manchildren is on the lose!
>>
>>57027946
Whoa, someone is so easily triggered by games she even keeps mee-mee pics in her SD card to respond to them!

You show them, gal! Wymyn powah!
>>
>>57027961
>As soon as you confront them with facts
>Facts that start and finish with muh gaymen
kek 0/10
>>
File: 1423058029003.png (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1423058029003.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
>>57027955
Yep, this clearly applies to linux users.
pic rel, literally a typical linux user
>>
File: 1460771163450.jpg (207KB, 920x900px)
1460771163450.jpg
207KB, 920x900px
>>57027975
>you will never understand my sophisticated video games, girl. It requires intelligence
>>
>>57027974
>you have something I don't have
>that makes me mad
>better disguise it by calling you mad instead
wew
>>
File: 1456453312347.png (71KB, 412x433px)
1456453312347.png
71KB, 412x433px
>>57027990
Typical windumb
>>
>>57025272
linux simply sucks and its userbase is retarded
>>
File: 1444773332992.jpg (39KB, 283x269px) Image search: [Google]
1444773332992.jpg
39KB, 283x269px
>>57027997
>/v manchildren doing mental gymnastics to validate his stupid hobby.
>>
>this fucking thread
>almost 200 posts of butthurt linux users confronted with actual reliable data and facts
God damnit, ban everyone ITT
>>
>>57027993

Wow, such a strong womyn! Such empowerment!

Feminism really makes you independent by making you care and be mad over what men do instead of white-knighting all over you!

Stay buttblasted over those sexists video-games, girl! That will show them!
>>
>>57027152
>I have never seen Linux, the post.
>>
>>57028016
>its userbase is retarded
also this. I love how Arch removed the Beginners Installation guide. This ultimately shows how retarded Linux users are.
>>
>>57028024
>actual reliable data and facts
Muh gaymen doesn't count
>>
>>57028021
>he enjoys something I can't have
>I'll be mad and whine about it so I don't feel so bad about it
>but he's the one who needs validation, not me
>>
File: 1470774285354.png (6KB, 250x250px)
1470774285354.png
6KB, 250x250px
>>57028016
>>57028031
>its userbase is retarded
LMFAO winbabbies are on full damage control
>>
>>57028053

Same kind of argument libruls use.

No, you're not smarter cuz you use your fringe nerd OS.

Stay mad.
>>
>>57028060
But freetards are often liberals, anon.
That explains why they're so snarky and stuck up.
>>
Can you all just die?
>>
>>57028060
This thread is a perfect example of how disturbed /v/ toddlers users are. It's generally known that most on this board use vindows to appear "superior" bucause muh gaymez. As soon as you confront them with facts and prove how retarded userbase is, they say it's because of you and come up with things like "works on my machine".. suddenly a "vindows just werks" transforms into "you're just retarded".

prime example of an inferiority complex.
>>
>>57025319
Seriously, Mint is very friendly and effective for newfags like me. Im enjoying it at the moment and it keeps me interested in learning about linux a little more every day.

Now i ask, is there any limitation about Mint comparing it with other distros?
>>
This is what happens when we open the flood gates for wintoddlers and pretend their toddler toy video gaming computers and their relevant gaming OS has anything to do with technology. Turning this place into a babycare fruity toddler gamerbabby hugbox was a terrible mistake.

:^)
>>
>>57027345
spierdalaj na wykop
>>
>>57028092

>Active Directory is a video game
>Exchange is a video game
>Sharepoint is a video game
>Office is a video game

Whoa, leave your mum's basement anytime.
>>
>>57028093
Besides bloat, not much
>>
>>57028040
It's over manchildren, why do you keep humiliating yourself and blame women for that instead.
Grow up out vydia.
>>
>>57028135
>Active Directory
Do you actually except this unemployed virgin to know what Active Directory Services are?
>>
>>57028135
>>57027881
>>
>>57028144

Brb, playing multiplayer games with my son on my time off work as a Windows Server administrator while my wife makes us grilled cheeses. Stay rectally shattered, anarcho-lesbian.
>>
>>57028160
Do you actually except people who are not office drone wage cucks or lower tier IT to know what Active Directory Services are?
>>
>>57028172
>I play video games with my son
>I work as a windows server admin

Is this the /v/ dream?
>>
File: image.png (184KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
184KB, 1024x1024px
>>57028172
>lying on a mongolian cartoon board
>>
>>57028125
Contain yourself you POOlish subhuman
>>
>>57028144
Funny thing is I bet my dick more Windows users actually have girlfriends, wifes and children than Linux users.
>>
>>57028185
>wage cuck
>implying I don't have my own business

>>57028186
Is a man licking your feet while you tread on a joystick your dream, anarcho-lesbian?
>>
>>57028195

Anarcho-lesbians already have their own board, you can fuck off ours already. This a technology board, no one gives a fuck about your ideology.
>>
>>57028200
hehehehe /v/ toddler took it seriously. Is your mum helping you with those edgy replies?
>>
File: 28882389421594613568511.jpg (98KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
28882389421594613568511.jpg
98KB, 408x408px
>yfw anarchist lesbian feminists keep shilling pointlessly for freetard sofware non-stop in this board
>>
File: 1456323866695.jpg (19KB, 320x318px) Image search: [Google]
1456323866695.jpg
19KB, 320x318px
>>57028172
>playing multiplayer games with my son on my time off work as a Windows Server administrator while my wife makes us grilled cheeses
>t-trust me, I'm not lying

kek, gaymer manchildren can be THIS pathetic

who new
>>
>>57028215
>hehehehe
Do you do that mechanical laughter to disguise the fact your keyboard is literally covered in tears at this point, freetard anarcho-lesbian?
>>
>>57028243
>he likes my laughter
aww bend over and pull down your panties, little faggot hehehehe
>>
>>57028240
>new
Your tears literally making your fingers slip on the fucking keys already.
>>
>>57028252

I don't like being fucked in the ass by women wearing strap-ons, thank you very much.
>>
>>57028172
>Windows Server administrator
>Grilled Cheese
>My wife and my wife's son
When did you give up on life mate?
>>
File: 87412132.png (109KB, 444x444px) Image search: [Google]
87412132.png
109KB, 444x444px
>>57028256
>being an autistic basement dweller
Yeah, do your job correcting others' spelling, NEET
>>
>>57028269
You never know, sissy gaymer faggot
>>
ITT: sexually-frustrated and probably childhood-abused raging feminists hating on men for having hobbies
>>
>>57028270
at least he's not fapping to chinese cartoons like you loonix weebfags do.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (133KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
133KB, 1280x720px
>tfw enjoying my gaming experience with friends while antisocial lincucks are fixing their xorg fucked up again by apt
Feels great.
Lincucks butthurt is another great reason to stay with Windows.
>>
File: 1461368773271.jpg (80KB, 526x721px) Image search: [Google]
1461368773271.jpg
80KB, 526x721px
>if you don't praise muh sophisticated hobbies and razor equipment you must me a frustrated wymen.
/v manchildren everyone.
It's just sad at this point how you try to defend your degenerate activities.
>>
>>57028295
checkmate
>>
>>57028311
>video gaming is degeneracy
Said the anarcho-lesbian.
>>
>>57028296
>pretending that's ANY better
lmfao manchild
>>
>>57028330
>video gaming isn't degeneracy
t. autistic /v/ NEET
>>
>>57028030
I use it daily, there's no screen tearing. I never even heard of screen tearing until you memers started talking about it, nor have I seen it.
>>
File: 1476016365112.png (411KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
1476016365112.png
411KB, 500x503px
>Age over 18
>Playing video games
>>
Daily reminder that games are a great occasion to meet and have fun with your friends.
>Not applicable to linux users due to complete lack of social interaction
>>
>>57028135
What office? There are plenty of them, most of which are on Linux as well as Windows.
>>
I put Ubuntu on a Chromebook and am happy with it. Gaming is growing on Linux with Steam.

I made a list of every program I needed and found a replacement or the same program with Linux.

However....Linux does have issues...I compose music and some of my hardware just doesn't work properly.

I personally can't see Linux being my main OS but it has become my travel OS. Unfortunately I hate Windows and after 8 and 10 I am actually considering moving onto Mac. I am to the point I am willing to shell out extra money to just have something that works...at least I hope it works...never tried Mac before.
>>
>>57028330
>implying i'm not conservative capitalist
Grow up kid, vydia is a waste of time and you try to ad hominem when called out?
>>
File: image2.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image2.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>57028376
>things that lincucks will never have
>>
File: 1458431902720.jpg (170KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1458431902720.jpg
170KB, 960x960px
>>57028376
>games are a great occasion to meet your friends
No, coming out of your chamber of virginity is
>>
>>57028031
>I love how Arch removed the Beginners Installation guide.

They flushed it because retards like you wrote it incorrectly.
>>
File: 6756544339041235.png (304KB, 591x577px) Image search: [Google]
6756544339041235.png
304KB, 591x577px
>>57028376
>Playing video games online = meeting friends
Oh the level of virginity
>>
>>57025313
i feel.
>tried installing 64bits of XP/7
nope. get Error code: 0x80070241 with 7 and the winload.efi is missing with XP
>tried installing 32bit of 7
get blank screen or get stuck of the starting windows screen

i have these left;
>laptop with 8
>2 laptops with 7
>dell dimension E510 with lubuntu on it
last time i was at goodwill, they had 2 XP towers for a total of 20usd but did not have any money on me at the time.

but still, REEEEEEE
>>
File: 04856zv.jpg (81KB, 540x707px) Image search: [Google]
04856zv.jpg
81KB, 540x707px
How will /v manchildren ever recover?
I'm screencaping this gold.
Stay mad kids.
>>
>>57028390
>I'll tell you what is a waste of time and what is "capitalist-conservative-approved"â„¢ pastime
You must be fun to have at parties.
>>
>>57028379

The only one that's relevant, namely Microsoft Office.
>>
File: 123.jpg (229KB, 1119x433px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
229KB, 1119x433px
>>
File: 1451257689515.jpg (98KB, 500x333px)
1451257689515.jpg
98KB, 500x333px
>>57025272
>>57025343
>>57025407
>>57026124
>>57026200
>>57026333
>>57026463
>>57026505
>>57026737
>>57026871
>>57027120
>>57027152
>>57027174
>>57027276
>>57027332
>>57027366
>>57027416
>>57027469
>>57027507
>>57027583
>>57027597
>>57027602
>>57027618
>>57027640
>>57027742
>>57027791
>>57027881
>>57027961
>>57027990
>>57028016
>>57028030
>>57028031
>>57028093
>>57028197
>>57028379
>>57028384
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
>>57028492
That setup brings back memories
>>
>>57028477
Nice try pajeet, it offers nothing other offices already don't and Microsoft charges you for it.
>>
>>57028442

This is a damage control post if I've ever seen one.
>>
File: 1472908232076.png (99KB, 258x330px) Image search: [Google]
1472908232076.png
99KB, 258x330px
>>57028469
Better than a fat fedora wearing talking about important things in life like gpus and the last meme game.
>>
>>57028520

Sure, should be easy for you to name a single office suite that offers Sharepoint and Exchange integration and a full blown DBMS bundled. I'll wait.
>>
>>57028520
Doesn't really matter, what makes it relevant or not is market share, and MS Office has all of it.

>>57028531
Post more nazi pictures, it might disguise the fact that you're an anarcho-lesbian who's mad a men for not worshipping wymyn 24/7.
>>
File: 1472643513718.png (117KB, 305x337px) Image search: [Google]
1472643513718.png
117KB, 305x337px
>>57026505
90% of the problem is that retards on this board ALWAYS recommend rolling release distros to newfags and its the cancer that kills Linux and its reputation. RHEL, CentOS and OpenSUSE (at least not Tumbleweed) don't have this problem.

Also, don't most BSD variants use deprecated UFS by default or have they switched to ZFS yet?
>>
>>57028548
Libre Office has Base integrated

>Sharepint
upport for Alfresco, Google GDrive, Nuxeo, MS SharePoint, MS OneDrive, IBM FileNet Lotus Live Files, Lotus Quickr Domino, OpenDataSpace and OpenText ELS.
>>
>>57028581
>deprecated
Call me when ext has support for soft updates.
>>
Eh, setting up any distro isn't that difficult and the amount of bugs is always overblown. Even wine works fine. I just don't see any killer features in them to win me over Windows 8.1. And yes, you can get Windows sources as well, for reference and audits. And debugging symbols are even easier to get.
>>
File: fedora_vydia.jpg (7KB, 292x173px) Image search: [Google]
fedora_vydia.jpg
7KB, 292x173px
>>57028525
>calling out /v manchildren is damage control
Back to your babycare board kid.
>>57028573
>still in denial
Oh boy, have you ever considered that not all people will praise your "sophisticated" hobbies?
>>
File: 1457688076087.jpg (218KB, 512x800px) Image search: [Google]
1457688076087.jpg
218KB, 512x800px
>>57028573
>/v/ toddler woke up again
What could have caused this? hehehehe
>>
>>57028587
>Base
Which is a laughable toy at best.
>>
>>57028625
ur mum is a laughable toy at best :-D
>>
>>57028616
>have you ever considered that not all people will praise your "sophisticated" hobbies?
Sure, but not everyone is as triggered by it as you feminists are.
>>
File: 1473213664515.png (229KB, 800x774px) Image search: [Google]
1473213664515.png
229KB, 800x774px
>>57028606
>dodging the question
>using Ext4 and not superior btrfs
>>
>>57028520
Biggest selling points of ms office are vba and ole. Just look up vba dev salaries Companies that don't need that already switched.
>>
>200+ replies
freetards are truly mentally ill
>>
>>57028494
I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just.Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Most computer users who run the entire Linux system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.
There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just.Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.
>>
File: 2831598-king_bugs_bunny.jpg (26KB, 529x399px) Image search: [Google]
2831598-king_bugs_bunny.jpg
26KB, 529x399px
>>57028645
>Everyone that call out my useless hobbies must be a feminist.
>Wymen don't understand me.
*tips fedora*
>>
>>57028701
/v/ NEET BTFO
>>
>>57028645
spot the manchild
>>
I used Ubuntu and it's confusing as fuck at first and sometimes it still is. Just watch tutorials on what ever distro you have and install all the necessary software for you to be comfy
>>
File: r73fY50.jpg (547KB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
r73fY50.jpg
547KB, 2688x1520px
>girls don't appreciate my sophisticated hobby
>>
File: 79ARN.png (612KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
79ARN.png
612KB, 1366x768px
>>57027261
>did you by any chance try ubuntu?
Do you really think that this is visually attractive? It's the visual definition of musical "Cacophony".
>>
>>57026869
Debian and ubuntu are both associated with nsa. You might as well use windows
>>
File: 1473844716451.jpg (185KB, 960x719px)
1473844716451.jpg
185KB, 960x719px
>>57028752
enjoy virginity
>>
>>57027583
>install Debian
>it just twerks, absolutely no config fiddling
What did I do wrong?
>>
>>57028760
>linux luser
>fucking women
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
>>
I started with Ubantoo back in 2008 and it was easy for me to figure everything out, you guys might just be retards
>>
>>57028760
>Linux user
>calling someone virgin
hAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA WHAT THE FUCK
>>
File: 1472033636557.jpg (66KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1472033636557.jpg
66KB, 500x281px
>>57028772
>/v/ manbaby
>Hates women
>Not a virgin
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>57028765
hotkeys, proper interaction with EC, shit battery life, no software, no games, bugged as fuck internet experience
>>
>>57028684
Linus has nothing to do with freedom, in fact, Linux is nonfree software.
>>
>>57027535
MODS
>>
>>57028806
>FUD,FUD, FUD, >manchild hobby, FUD
0/10
>>
> ubuntu jointly created by nsa
> people still use it thinking its safer than windows
>>
>>57028806
>hotkeys
But there are.
>proper interaction with EC
With what? Please, elaborate
>shit battery life
Haven't noticed the difference on my notebook, really.
>no software
Debatable
>no games
That's why I dualboot.
>bugged as fuck internet experience
All modern browsers are on Linux. What are you talking about?
>>
>>57027927
> the gubbamint
> .com

Uhh, anon. Your disability is showing.
>>
So, guys, just saying, Linux has enough games and the collection is still growing, there is absolutly no need to use that retarded "gaming is for kids" meme. If you don't like nice retro pixel games or are impressed by new rendering technologies, you simply don't like technology in general and are wrong at this board.
>>
File: 1473817501695.jpg (110KB, 1000x847px) Image search: [Google]
1473817501695.jpg
110KB, 1000x847px
>>57028752
>buttmad vydia manchildren can't take the bantz
>>
>>57028850
>Linux has enough games
no
>>
>>57028830
>pretends wangblows is safer than ubuntu
>mfw wangblows so insecure thy have both wangblows and ubuntu
>>
>projecting your insecurities on anons and women because you're a disgusting waste of life who plays vidya all day while sucking up parent's income
>>
whoa this thread took off pretty quick.

Nice to see /v/ refugees getting blown the fuck out tho
>>
>>57028865
BOOM IT CONSULTANT 120k A YEAR FUCKING 20 Y OLD BITCHES EVERY WEEK WHILE PLAYING COD ON MY PS4. EAT THIS LOONIXFAG
>>
File: 1458424662864.gif (497KB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
1458424662864.gif
497KB, 245x200px
>>57028367
> Age over 13
> Not having a job, and thus no time for frivolities such as video games
>>
>>57028850
agreed, while I get why /g/ hates /v/ tards who come here for the sole purpose of *recommend me a nice laptop for gaming*, video games are still tech

blame /v/ kids, not video games
>>
>>57028873
>autism completey taking over
lmao I think this neckbeard is mad hehehehe
>>
/vr/ here, you niggers have no idea how great GNU/Linux works on emulation
>>
>>57028873
Anon, you should stop playing sims
>>
File: 1472356855117.jpg (459KB, 718x709px) Image search: [Google]
1472356855117.jpg
459KB, 718x709px
Ignorant here. I'd like to ask... Is it that hard to develop a user-friendly interface using the Linux base? That would bring to Linux a bigger user base. Just keep it simple for everybody (90% of users only want this), but give them the chance of using the "complex mode" (terminal, coding, advanced features...).

>>57028391
Muh Black Mesa!
>>
>>57028873
>120k
>IT consultant

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Information_Technology_(IT)_Consultant/Salary/b4518dba/Entry-Level

I don't believe that for a second. Median average pay for this position is like 60k.
>>
>>57028958
>thinking I was actually serious after me being joking so obviously
top tier Linux autism right here buddies
>>
>>57028878
>wasting your life on things that you don't enjoy instead of your hobbies and pleasure just to say you're better than others
sad, I hope you see a shrink for that inferiority complex anon
>>
>>57028969
Well Linux people are not accustomed to their OS lying to them so yeah..
>>
>>57028969
>stating facts is autism
>but projecting isn't
>>
File: Selection_562.png (11KB, 706x89px) Image search: [Google]
Selection_562.png
11KB, 706x89px
>>57027618
>>
>>57028878

>he's so underqualified his job sucks so much he has no time for fun
>>
>>57029372
We're hitting autism levels that shouldn't even be possible!
>>
>>57028943
Bump for this.
>>
File: standards.png (24KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
standards.png
24KB, 500x283px
>>57029935
You and everyone else.
>>
>>57028943
GNOME has been trying to do that for a while.

The result is atrocious.
>>
>>57030209
>GNU
Found the problem!
>>
>>57030217
GNOME is developed by The GNOME Project, which is composed of both volunteers and paid contributors, the largest corporate contributor being Red Hat.[9][10]
>>
File: what-is-wine.png (1KB, 284x130px) Image search: [Google]
what-is-wine.png
1KB, 284x130px
>implying you can't play windows games on Linux
>>
>>57030271
>GNOME is part of the GNU Project.[11]
>>
>>57030312
Yes, but so is GCC and many other good projects with competent developers.
GNU isn't the main reason why GNOME is garbage.
>>
File: bc0.png (2MB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
bc0.png
2MB, 768x1024px
>>57030351
>GCC
>good project
>with competent developers
>>
>>57030305
But it doesn't play all of them, which means Linux only has access to 99% of the games. Check mate atheists!
>>
>>57030469
>implying linux users aren't the kind of patrician elitists to view anything that doesn't run platinum on wine as trash unworthy of anyone's time.
>>
File: late-night-laughing1.jpg (229KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
late-night-laughing1.jpg
229KB, 1024x683px
>>57030351
>GCC
MSVC masterrace
>>
>>57030495

You misspelled clang.
>>
>>57030440
>>57030495
>>57030533
For over two decades, GCC was the only usable freetard compiler. It still is the only compiler suite in the world able to target anything from AVR to Itanium. It was used to develop new C & C++ standards and was also the first to adopt them.
The unimaginable amount of research and work done on GCC is what made Clang possible in the first place. There's no denying that Clang is much more modern in terms of architecture and codebase, and will very likely prevail in the future, but if you're able to say, with a straight face, that GCC isn't a huge achievement in the software world, you're either an actor or idiot.
>>
>>57030801

GCC is bloatware. Stay buttmad.
>>
>>57030863
Yet it does what others don't.
Thread posts: 342
Thread images: 84

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.