[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are there so many children on here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

File: serveimage.jpg (290KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
290KB, 1024x768px
Why are there so many children on here?
>>
>>57022639
Blame >>>/v/
>>
>>57022639
Most adults have likely moved on. /g/ was a pretty neat place to discuss technology (both software and hardware!), but nowadays it's all consumer electronics. Gone are the botnet days - people no longer believe in privacy, thinking that it's only criminals that need it. The word "botnet" is just used to fit in nowadays.

I am pretty aware that the meaning of "botnet" has been changing over time, but I've seen people call completely unrelated things botnets.
Continuing on, technology gets boring after a while. Discussion grows stale as people leave and find other hobbies. They may remember the existence of /g/ when something big happens in the tech field, and swing by for a day or two, but we all know this isn't going to happen. A simple look at the catalog will push them away.
>>
default first board on clover.
>>
>>57023009
Dashchan doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>57022639

idk, you just posted one with a sever case of overgrowth
>>
>>57022639
because gaming PCs and phones are for children
>>
Because loonix attracts edgy pre-teens
>>
>>57023511
Dashchan is also shit.
>>57023757
Mods ban this nigger
>>
>>57022639
I ll see him later this afternoon what to ask?
>>
>>57022639
are you telling me you weren't at least a bit lolsorandumb however many years ago you started using 4chan?

what a load of bollocks

sure, it's annoying, but come the fuck on, it's a weeb image board and hardly a fucking meeting with your banker
>>
>>57024383
is having good personal hygiene part of a hygiene botnet and is that why he avoids he
>>
>>57022723
What a fucking newfag.
g was never good.
>>
File: 1456323866605.jpg (2MB, 2000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1456323866605.jpg
2MB, 2000x1200px
>>57022639
This is what happens when we open the flood gates for wintoddlers and pretend their toddler toy video gaming computers and their relevant gaming OS has anything to do with technology. Making a babycare fruity toddler gamerbabby hugbox was a terrible mistake.
>>
>>57024512
Gates is long gone, now we open the flood nutella
>>
I hate the poorfags on here.
>>
>>57024220
>mods
>>
>>57024630
I hate richfags who can't fizzbuzz and ruin this board with their consumer shit
>>
>>57024686
>implying
we richfags have a higher level of education and can code better than you, that's no excuse
>>
>>57024712
If you had a good level of education, you wouldn't hate poorfags for irrational reasons lad.
>>
>>57024727
where did you read that I hate you ?
>>
>>57024751
>>57024630
>>
Unfortunately, it's because more parents buy their young offspring digital devices these days. I'm glad I grew up without all these useless devices. All you need is a desktop and maybe a laptop. Smartphones? Never.
>>
>>57024759
but that wasn't me
>>
>>57024763
Oh, okay, no problem then
>>
File: 1474815255077.jpg (212KB, 853x1137px) Image search: [Google]
1474815255077.jpg
212KB, 853x1137px
>>57024796
have a nice day anon
>>
>>57024761
>Unfortunately, it's because more parents buy their young offspring digital devices these days.

Pretty much.
Now every 12 year old feels like he can come to /g/ and make retarded threads about phones and iPads, because they're "technology related".
Tech products have become accessible, popular and normified to the extremes.

Also way too many retarded threads with the same exact questions and topics. Searching and using traditional forums is too hard, I guess.
Same thing on reddit, because it's mostly the same young generation of users who demand instant gratification sprinkled with some memes.
>>
>>57024176
all the arch shit proves this to be true
>>
>>57022639
stallman is a child in a fat hobos body
>>
>>57024176
>>57025937
Nobody above the age of 18 takes arch linux seriously, it's not the only distro available. Not even the developers take it seriously, they don't care about minimalism or user choice like archfags sperg on about.
>>
>>57026022
99% sure all the linux polls here always have arschlinux on top so yeah...
>>
>>57022639

/g/ - Smartphones was taken over by /v/eddit a while ago
>>
>>57022639
Freetards have a lot of free time on their hands.
>>
>>57022723
this

also I think a big factor is that there is only so much you can do here. Once you get pointed in the right direction, and learn how to do these things yourself, you don't need /g/

For example, I came to /g/ in 2013. I had already been browsing 4chan since 2011, but my knowledge was limited to "cool, I installed adblock and this awesome program called VLC"

Three years later, I have since put my own PC together (which sits unplugged in my closet because I now have a thinkpad), have a thinkpad that I repasted and put in a samsung evo, use Ubuntu full-time, am cautious in how I use the web, and use a cheap android from 2011 that does the same things the current flagship models do.

When you find out the more efficient means of using consumer technology, there isn't much left to do besides point newcomers in the right direction. The problem now is that the newcomers are unwilling to learn, and they are actually braindead types who got led here from other trendy websites because "whoa isn't this that hacker place ??? XDDd"
>>
>>57022639
Personally I think it's gotta do with not having enough mod fuckery going around.

It should be
>post a shit opinion or act like a faggot in general
>get banned

But instead it's
>be a faggot and viral a company's goods
>lol >implying mods
>>
>>57022723
>people no longer believe in privacy
Fucking lel. You're so delusional it hurts.

Newfags who don't lurk the fuck more to understand the board culture have always been the issue, and now on top of them we have:

1) pretend oldfags like you waxing nostalgic for "the days of talking about security" and crying about how it's all "da gaymes" fault when none of you can actually make a post about subjects you want to talk about since you're just as dumb as the

2) phoneposters, who have by far the lowest/almost no positive contributions in terms of posting and believe that 4chan is about "memes" and not a fun place to discuss one's favorite niche subjects

3) crossboarders who were never forced to lurk on their home board in the first place unable to comprehend that maybe each board behaves differently (and who can't read the fucking sticky - not just a problem for /g/)

4) complete outsiders regardless of age begging for tech help and camping out in normalfag-friendly generals like the "chink shit" general, the "private tracker" general, and the smartphone general where the only thing they need to know is how to spend money and will get instant/guaranteed replies from other users spoonfeeding them on whatever questions they might ask
>>
Reminder [s4s] is literally the best board.
>>
>>57022639
why is he with Chaos Undivided
>>
>>57024972
>Tech products have become accessible, popular and normified to the extremes.

Y-you didn't grow up dreaming of a time when technology was so integral and ingrained to life that even the most mundane task was something of science fiction? Or did you just realize that people are stupid, gullible animals that could never properly exist in a "tech utopia"?

>>57026487
Thanks for this, anon.
>>
>>57026271
You installed an OS onto an $80 computer that's useless for anything but a shitposting machine. Why are you posting on a technology board?
"Today I surfed the 'net. Tomorrow I'll surf the 'net. The day after that I'll surf the 'net."
Congratulations, you've found the one and only use for desktop Linux. Now please surf your way out of here.
>>
>nothing but inane comments
>>
>>57026678
I installed WINE, have full-disk encryption, can encrypt external storage without having to install software, and it actually does things windows doesn't

to give you an example, I was scanning some documents last month, and the printer worked without me having to install drivers or set up anything. Yes, I know Windows has plug and play, but how many times did it actually work for you?

Also, with WINE the transition has been excellent. I haven't had to give up anything.
You're part of the problem.
How are newfags going to learn about linux? How are new niggers going to know things like buying a new consumer laptop is terrible, due to the planned obsolescence. A $200 dollar thinkpad gives more performance and is user serviceable.

You don't just wake up knowing all this
I know it isn't true knowledge - we're not making something or perfecting a craft. We are finding means though to make daily computing more efficient.

>that isn't important

But it is, how much do you rely upon your digital services nowadays for banking, email, entertainment, shipping?
>>
>>57022639
>>57026789
/thread
4chan was and always be 4chan...
>>
>>57026814
>I slowed down my system for no purpose with encryption and did so again by emulating a proper OS instead of using one

This isn't Rube /G/oldberg. You don't belong here.
>>
>>57026974
you're missing the point

its faster now

You know a T430 has a 3rd gen i5, and is expandable to 16gb of ram, right?
A Samsung Evo is fast.

I use it both on the go, and at home plugged in to ac without the battery in, with VGA and external keyboard, and I use a wireless logitech

I find it efficient so much that I put the PC I made into my closet.
>>
>>57027044
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp%5B%5D=817&cmp%5B%5D=368

Congratulations for spending more to get half the performance of my systems, with no storage to boot.
You don't belong here.
>>
>>57026022
i doubt anyone under the age of 18 is even capable of using Arch
>>
>>57027115
>being an AMD cuck
into the trash
>>
Cost me $206 with free shipping, and came in pristine condition.
the only out of pocket purchase I added was the Samsung SSD

no shit a desktop is going to be more powerful than a laptop.
You don't belong here
>>
>>57027115
Are you incapable of accepting that someone else is satisfied with their decisions?
>>
>>57027143
So you spent $300+ on a Facebook machine. Please see your way over to Facebook.
>>
>>57027202
You're totally missing the point. There is nothing that you can do, which I can't on my thinkpad with Linux.

Let me guess, you play games?
AAA titles are shit, enjoy your Windows 10.

You use Photoshop or other editing software?
Yeah, you and the entirety of /g/ are professional AV producers now right?

>>57027196
>>
>>57027245
>There is nothing that you can do, which I can't on my thinkpad with Linux.
Utterly false, and beside the point, since the point is that you don't.
You don't belong here.
>>
>>57027288
You don't belong here.
>>
>>57027295
Please take your little Facebook machine over to Facebook, where you belong.
>>
>>57027330
Can you both fuck off to leddit xD?
Fucking mess of a board filled with 14 years old scum.
>>
I am 30 years old and i still play games all the time nothing childish about it at all
>>
File: AdobeRGB_99.png (94KB, 676x455px) Image search: [Google]
AdobeRGB_99.png
94KB, 676x455px
>T430
kek
>>
>>57027138
you'd be surprised
>>
>>57026487
well said anon
>>
>>57022639

When you aspire to the state of the beginner, you inhibit the instincts of the beginner so you gotta expect some sense of naïve questions, possibilities and a fresh perspective otherwise we stagnate. You're looking at essentially disenfranchised youth in the society of today which is full of bureaucracy, where working for retirment isn't an aspiration of our day, the departing generation is making incremental amendments to crumbling foundations that are old to adopt new approaches on how millenials will live, work and care for each other, shaking off this erroneous notion that these boards are here and you just gotta live in em versus embrace them and change them, improve them and make your mark on them so in a way, you're holding on to a greater force of change whether you like it or not. This does not in any occurence justify ignorance and the status quo of non sequitur

>>57026487

great post. oldfag at its finest, I've lurked several years before even posting
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.