[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I had a drone that flew autonomously around the world and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (546KB, 759x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
546KB, 759x500px
If I had a drone that flew autonomously around the world and would also have livestream, how could I sustain its connection to the internet where ever it's flying to? Is that even possible?
Sorry for the possibly dumb question
>>
there are actually strict regulations against pointing a camera at earth from space, stupid as that sounds. apparently, govt owns space too.
>>
>>57017115
i should have said pic not related. the drone would fly lower than planes do
>>
>>57017200

i don't know how you'd make the batter last if it weren't in orbit
>>
>>57016937
Assuming drone had infinite battery, I think possible.

Just connect to different network periodically and potentially re-send some lost packets.

Like when your phone switches from data to wifi and the call doesn't drop.
>>
even if you had infinite battery life:

destroyed by bad weather
motors burn out
camera lens gunks up from dust/debris
>>
>>57017955
all fair points, but from a purely networking perspective I think it's possible.
>>
>>57018090
Sure, you'd connect to a satellite and make changes to satellite connections when the earth or mountains blocks your network
>>
>>57017115
Are you making this up? What regulations? How are they enforced? Sounds like horse shit.
>>
what are you even trying to do?
>>
>>57018090
Satellites are shit for bandwidth. While I guess you could in theory maintain a connection to at least one at any given time, good luck getting that stream look good.
>>
>>57018156

search it. i was curious about whether an amateur satellite could be a fun project and found that there's a lot of rules involved if you want to put something in space
>>
>>57016937
Ask the US government, they already have several solar powered autonomous drones covering the world.
>>
>>57018179
Don't pull shit out of your ass.
They are actually great for bandwidth but have a big delay.
>>
>>57018229

I find that hard to believe. solar panels wouldn't supply enough continuous power
>>
>>57018179
It's the only plausible method, and it's only delay that hinders you. You simply cannot connect to Internet in the middle of buttfuck nowhere without satellite.

>source: worked on fishing boats
>>
>>57018266
http://www.solarimpulse.com/sitv

And this is a commercial one.

Fucking neo/g/...
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.