[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UPS systems are technology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

I need great UPS for my 500W PC and 100W monitor. Is there any unit that will also measure current power consumption so I can log it on disk?

what should I get /g/?
>>
bump for interess
>>
There is no consumer grade device that allows extraction of usage data in that fashion. The only data you're going to get over USB is OMG BATTERY LOW.
>>
What kind of a nigger neighborhood do you live in that you need that shit?
>>
>>57014664
>that feel when my UPS logs ~10 electrical noise events/week due to all the farm equipment turning off and on a few miles down the road
>>
File: ANGERY.png (19KB, 300x309px) Image search: [Google]
ANGERY.png
19KB, 300x309px
>UPS systems
>>
>>57014499
APC UPS are pretty much the best, however you are going to need a serial port to be able to communicate with the UPS correctly and get that data using APC management software.

PCI Serial card or something?
adapters dont work so don't waste your time
>>
>>57014697
>Uninterruptible Power SUPPLY
>>
>>57014746
Yes, I know what UPS stands for.
>>
Has anyone ever wanted a massive UPS, then they get a new computer and it uses 1/5 the power, making it pointless?
>>
>>57014808
???
your battery will last longer under lower load
>>
File: 1473363342575.png (545KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1473363342575.png
545KB, 640x640px
>>57014499
Oh no, the power died. How will I masturbate to Vietnamese cartoons this hour?
Phew! I wasted hundreds of bucks on a UPS to keep a PC on for a few minutes.
PROBLEM SOLVED
>>
>>57014808
It the UPS is huge and the computer doesn't have much power draw it just means more battery life.

I have a large UPS and it's well worth having a large one. When the power goes out I can charge my phone and laptop both multiple times on the battery power which is really nice.
>>
>>57014920
The only good reason for having a UPS is if you're running a home sever which could be damaged if the programs stopped running due to a loss of power. You should also invest in ECC RAM if you're in this situation.
>>
File: main_p4400[1].jpg (129KB, 450x558px) Image search: [Google]
main_p4400[1].jpg
129KB, 450x558px
>>57014499
PowerChute Business has been able to record power consumed on the entire Smart-UPS line for at least the last decade. Or you could save some money and buy whatever UPS is on sale plus $30 on a Kill-a-Watt and a power strip.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.