[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fell for the Raspberry Pi meme. Going to put OSMC on it, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: pi3.jpg (563KB, 1920x1280px)
pi3.jpg
563KB, 1920x1280px
I fell for the Raspberry Pi meme. Going to put OSMC on it, but I've realised there are better candidates for that the humble pi (mine is 3b btw.) Did you fall for the Raspberry Pi meme? What cool shit have you done with yours?
>>
>>57009365
A urban rescue robot / 2nd place int competition

Octoprint server
>>
>>57009365
Syslog server
>>
Triple boot retro pie, kodi, and raspbian.
>>
>>57009365
Had RPi since first release - been among 10k other prebought. Used 3 since then some servers, htpcs, and one for measuring and controlling of educational device in our uni (strain gauge neasuring and commisioning)
Tbh, I am sick of you 'bought it with no reason' guys
>>
Nothing right now I have four of them. Anything I have done with them is better on my Greene's box in a jail. Thinking of making a touch or gesture controlled calender and linking it to the calender in the cloud somehow no idea what to use for screen.
>>
I've got 4 and I hooked them up to giant TVs that were hung around a factor floor, each connected to my server running my custom production coordinating software. Looks pretty nice yo.
>>
>>57009365
I'll buy one when I can put a real Windows OS on it.
>>
I use it for torrents, irc and watching shit on kodi when I can't be arsed to use the desktop.

I also shoved ZFS on it as a (very successful) experiment. The little shit with its 512M of RAM is handling it fine, even as root filesystem.
>>
raspberry pi's are pieces of shit

i fell for the raspberry pi and had one pre-ordered before they even released, it was a model b and it was garbage

i didn't use it for anything because it was slow for everything i threw at it, even osmc and even the fucking stock os

its slow, its unresponsive, it's just BAD, even when Overclocked

get yourself an nvidia shield if you want to use kodi
>>
I'm planning on making a seedbox, but I have the first model that came out and it only has two USB ports, one of which is occupied by the Wifi dongle (can't use ethernet port, router is too far away), so I guess my only storage option left is an externally powered drive, which sucks.

Maybe I'll just get a couple of chink controllers and make it into a retro console or something.
>>
Email server:
https://www.linode.com/docs/email/postfix/email-with-postfix-dovecot-and-mysql
https://www.skelleton.net/2015/03/21/how-to-eliminate-spam-and-protect-your-name-with-dmarc/#dkim_validation
>>
Superior micro-PC: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XC8FVGA
>>
>>57010756
>battery on a tv stick
>windows 10 literally is literally taking half of the price
what's the point since raspberry pi3 is enough for streaming 1080p
>>
I run. A flask server which displays the connected devices on my network.
>>
>>57009365
I use mine as a seedbox. I have multiple hard drives plugged into a usb, I put them in a BTRFS RAID array and mount them through NFS on my computer.
I also use the raspi as a DNS server but it can be slow sometimes.
>>
>>57009365
Just a basic file server at home, hooked up to a few externals and seeding some torrents on a few private trackers.
>>
cheapest little irc/discord bot server i could think of
>>
>>57009365
hooked it up to a $25touchscreen+$4radio+$9GPS modules, and threw it in my dashboard. now my 10yr old toyota truck is smart.
>>
>>57014574
How's the install?
>>
>>57009365
>no gigabit ethernet disgusting
>>
>>57009365
Bought for a carputer (ODB stuff, maybe wifi-remote start, stuff like that). I might just make it a roku wannabe or old school game emulator, Guess they even have laptop kits now, so much to do, so little time.
>>
Email/irc/Web server... on raspberry pi b
>>
I might fall for the zero.
>>
>>57010138
>real windows OS
>real Os
>windows
kekd
>>
i just wanted a cheap non vm linux thing to fuck with.
>>
>>57009365

Kodi. use it 12 hours a day.

Love it.

(RP2)
>>
>>57009365
I have the 3 b and a zero.

3 runs retropie and kodi and can play most n64 games with slowdowns without an over clock.

I haven't decided what to do with the zero yet. But I got it for a dollar at micro center so I can't complain.
>>
>>57014605
not too many mods. power is handled by a separate $3 reed switch, audio out from the raspi runs to an old headunit's aux under the dash. looks pretty stock.
>>
>>57014866
>t. NEET
>>
>>57009365
Use my RPi 3 as a nextcloud server. Got a 500GB drive hooked up for files and a 1TB for backups. Whole setup is small enough to sit at the bottom of my PC case.
>>
>Mailserver
>Nextcloud
>DNS server
>Samba server
>Git server
>>
I have it running pi.hole, trying to think of what else to do with it.
>>
File: ayy.png (403KB, 960x1062px)
ayy.png
403KB, 960x1062px
>>57015637
RPi for backups.

sloooooooooooooooow
>>
Openvpn server.
>>
>>57010424
>I ordered a first generation product
>it wasn't good
>that means that the third generation product is also trash

this is you
>>
>>57010138
You can already put win 10 IOT on it
>>
>>57015816
he said real windows, not the toddler version
>>
>fell for X meme

cringe
>>
>>57015850
>he fell for the cringe meme
>>
>>57010018
ayy, 1st gen B represent!
>>
>>57015850
This

People who literally have no idea what the wird meme means.

Also pi3 runs osmc flawlessly.
>>
I made a stupid easy internet power outlet. Just get the gpio software and a sainsmart relay board and some outlets and a box. I control 8 outlets with a simple script.
gpio write [pin] 0
or
gpio write [pin] 1
set the pins to be outputs with
gpio mode [pin] out
with [pin] being 0 to 7.
http://www.sainsmart.com/8-channel-dc-5v-relay-module-for-arduino-pic-arm-dsp-avr-msp430-ttl-logic.html
>>
>>57009365
I have one of the first model B's, 256MB RAM and single-core CPU. I use it to run apcupsd in order to monitor my UPS. It can also turn my server on automatically after a power outage with a simple relay circuit and GPIO.

I used to run XBMC on the thing, but that was pushing it. I've replaced it with an old C2D laptop.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.