[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me how this two differ. I chose to compare and contrast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: versus.jpg (10KB, 389x173px) Image search: [Google]
versus.jpg
10KB, 389x173px
Tell me how this two differ.

I chose to compare and contrast these two shitty IDEs, but now I'm realizing that it was a mistake and I can't find enough info to match the needed word count.
>>
File: codeanywhere.com.png (73KB, 1098x763px) Image search: [Google]
codeanywhere.com.png
73KB, 1098x763px
Why choose those? Use CodeAnywhere. Seamless login when connected to GitHub, GitLab, etc. Very good.
>>
>>57009422
I'm not choosing which one to use.

I just chose to compare them for my paper.

I think I've got enough info already though.
>>
Share some. I like netbeans for java and C.
>>
>>57009307
Share a link for it, maybe some of us can add to it?
>>
>>57009307
Is Eclipse Neon finally a bit less stuttering?
I mean, they finally managed to include soft word wrapping, so maybe they also managed to improve input latency?
>>
>>57009307
I don't know how they differ, but they both have a major flaw — they are not Emacs.
>>
>>57009422
not an ide fuckwad
>>
>>57009307
Use Intellij or Clion.
>>
>>57010599
Excuse me?
>>
>>57009422
Looks like trash, "cloud ide" yeah right, call me when this supports advanced Java code completion, refactoring, finding usages and implementations etc. Looks like someone stripped the web parts from Atom and hosted them on the web.
>>
>>57009307
How is Netbeans shitty? It's so much better than Eclipse, which can't get anything straight after all these years.
>>
>>57009307
Eclipse is trash compared to any other major IDE right now so if you have to choose one of those two, go with Netbeans. That said, intelliJ is way out in front today and likely to stay there for a while yet. And if you're doing leas than a huge job eg. class work, then a text editor like vim or emacs will get the job done with much less overhead.
>>
>>57009422
>>57010931
>>57011551
>anonymous in charge of reading comprehension
>>
>>57009307
I have used both and here is the rundown:

tl;dr Eclipse makes me want to kill myself. Netbeans is okay.

>Eclipse
>Needs a fucking plugin for everything
>Arse hole default settings, e.g no line numbers by default, spellcheck turned on by default. Oh "currentCount" isnt a word? Really Eclipse? Really? Fucking IDE...
>Arse hole user interface. How do you install plugins... go to the "Help" menu. Yeah. Help menu. And no not the "install software" option no no, you want "eclipse marketplace".

It might seem like im nitpicking but this shit is fucking pervasive throughout the entire IDE. Also its tomcat support is utter fucking shit. There are two times in my life ive hit the keyboard hard enough to potentially break it, one of those times was when using Eclipse. Do not fucking bother trying to do anything other than Java in this, just Java alone it seems to cope with. Throw in JavaScript, any kind of web technologies and it shits the bed.

>Netbeans
>Dosent support JavaScript 6 yet

Thats pretty much all I got with netbeans. Its pretty good apart from that. It does just work with most things, the UI is sane, default settings are sane. It may need plugins for some things but out of the box it does a lot.

That said both IDE's struggle with modern web stuff (not supporting JS 6 is a clue to this). If you are doing any kind of web dev with react or angular or any of that shit just save yourself hassle and use IntelliJ or Visual Studio. I found IntelliJ the best for this. Or use a text editor.

>Conclusion
If I were to rank the IDE's it would be like this:

IntelliJ = Visual Studio > Netbeans >>>>>>>>>> Eclipse

Seriously fuck Eclipse, its one of the worst pieces of software ive ever used. Unfortunately a lot of Java companies use it because "they've always used it" and you know how slow some companies are to change.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.