[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

have to learn HTML, CSS and Javascript by tonight help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 0

>got an internship at a web design company,
>told them I know HTML CSS and Javascipt start tomorrow
>how fucked am I???
>>
Looks like really fucked, but you may have a chance depending on the job. you can learn while working
>>
>>57007055
Fake it till you make it.

It's not like they're gonna put you on something major.

Probably gonna give you some bullshit task to do while you're there that don't require much skill.
>>
>>57007055
Did they not test you in any way? Sounds like whoever hired you is retarded.
>>
>>57007055
first of all wow. second you can get through most of the codecademy lessons for those languages by tomorrow, probably.
>>
>>57007055
test
>>
>>57007055
Stackoverflow your job until you learn how to do it yourself
>>
Buy books for learning the languages and use them at work.
Tell whoever asks about them that you're referencing your work to the book so that you're extra sure about syntax and structure. At the same tkme you're also learning the language.
>>
The only thing keeping you from learning it is being able to memorize all the tags and their parameter listings. Besides that it's just about knowing how to format a "sheet" by content.

A sheet can have text and numbers.
Paragraphs, sentences, words.
You can divide a sheet into section.
blah blah blah

basically it's just knowing what kind of content is required and formatting towards that. If I wanted to make a table that holds words and then write definitions to the side of that table, I would do something like

<body>
<div width="200">
<tb>name
<tb>name
</div>
definition
definition

kind of a thing

It's all about knowing what to expect. Is it going to extend the length of the width? divs fill with the width. I learned that today.

I've been programming for a while and just started webdev today because I was sick of not being able to enjoy dpt because of how dogmatic the python posters get. So don't think it's like something that some find easy and others don't. You just need more exposure to it in order to put it together in a way that's familiar to you.
>>
>>57007197
oops by the way this example is a dictionary and/or cornell note format.

Don't forget your summary at the foot.
>>
>>57007197
oh and the definitions go inside the div too, just make sure to close your tables
>>
>>57007197
see? I'm bad at this and I can actually code in c, c++ and java

your code in that post should actually look like:

<body>
<div>
<table width="100">
<tr>word
<tr>word
</table>
</div>
definition
definition
</body>

The div there acts as the place holder and I fill it in and let the inner parts take up properties from the upper parts. Think of it like rules of the house and then rules of the city and then rules of the state and then rules of the country, etc. There maybe constants throughout but the more specific rules will supercede if the context applies. An example of that would be looking at the table there and noting that if I set the css to change anything in a table to pink and anything in a body to blue, the body would blue and the parts of the table pink but the parts behind the text for definition would stay blue.
>>
is that a boy
>>
I HAVE TO LEARN 4 YEARS OF A CS DEGREE BY TONIGHT

>got a job off a forum
>shopped my fry cooking university degree
>they never contacted the university

WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO
>>
im pretty sure thats a boy
>>
>>57007055
Sounds like youre thoroughly fucked. Better hope they dont give you any real work for a few weeks.
>>
You are very fucked.

HTML and CSS can be plausibly learned even in one day. You won't be good, but you can learn just enough so you can wing it until you learn it better.

JavaScript on the other hand... no. See this:

https://hackernoon.com/how-it-feels-to-learn-javascript-in-2016-d3a717dd577f#.nq2w7ihjs

You are very, very fucked. You can only hope they have mercy on you.
>>
>>57007055
not sure if would fug
>>
>>57007437
boypucci still tastes gud!
>>
GROSS
>>
>>57007055
Hnnhhgg
>>
>>57007130
>Tell whoever asks about them that you're referencing your work to the book so that you're extra sure about syntax and structure.

That might jive if you're working on a language with difficult to remember syntax like a derivation of c, but i'd be pretty concerned if homeboy pulls out a "HTML for dummies" and references how to include a link in html.
>>
GROSS
>>
>>57007772
>>57007764
>>57007055
SAUCE
>>
>>57007431
>I HAVE TO LEARN 4 YEARS OF A CS DEGREE BY TONIGHT
Wow, if javascript, html and css is 4 years in a cs degree then it's a pretty worthless degree.
>>
I HAVE TO LEARN C BY TONIGHT

>got an internship in an embedded controller company
>require knowledge about C
>know only Python and web dev (html, css, javascript)
>lied and got the job

How fucked am I? WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO?
>>
if you're not a drooling retard you can pick it up on the job.

>>57007197
patel my friend you should not be giving out advice to other noobs
>>
>>57008435
I learned C in one night while drunk.
But then again I didn't learn python - ever -and don't have the nerve to think of a scripting language as a programing language or the never to be so arrogant as to apply to a job requiring programing skills with absolutely none.
Your anxiety alone is whats going to make you fail, but its better that you make yourself fail than for you to make a company fail.
>>
>>57007055
you are fucked op
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.