[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Used Tech

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (78KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 500x496px
So I want to get a new computer and I decided on going full tower because with those you can near continuously upgrade them Ship of Thesseus style and have more overall power initially than a laptop. I'd primarily use the new PC for exclusively gaming since my phone and cheap ass Lenovo can handle most shit I need a PC for.

I'm also a budget conscious poorfag and don't want to break the bank and I notice there are some good deals on used gaming PCs. So my question is "should I get a used gaming PC or save up and sink all in on a new PC tower?" I can't shake this feeling the general consensus on used tech according to techfags is "used tech is always shit" even though I don't know shit about tech for the most part.
>>
>>57004194
Get a Chromebook.
>>56995994
>>
>>57004405
That doesn't answer anything
>>
>>57004194
We need a budget first anon.

Always state your budget.
>>
>>57005895
Under $800?
>>
>>57004405
Don't shill your thread
>>
>>57004194
saving up is always better than just diving in.
being poor is suffering i know but yeah save them coins anon.

good luck for your dreams anon.
>>
You can get a rig with a 1070 for around 8-900 bucks. Go new, or open box from microcenter or something if you can.
>>
>>57004194
I would recommend to buy most parts new, but go for a used GPU, like a 980Ti or Fury X.
This way u know you dont buy a pc with some crap almost dead PSU in it, while still saving a lot of money on the expensive GPU. You can also look for secondhand CPU Mobo combos, if you can find a good deal.

Never buy a fully assembled second hand pc tho, might be full of shit components other than the CPU and GPU with which they advertise.
>>
Refurbished tech is always a bad idea. You're only saving around $15 and most cases and the hassle of replacing a used part isn't worth the time and the hassle for most people. You gotta troubleshoot, take apart the build, replace the part, and rebuild the build. Just buy new. You can build a decent gaming pc for like $600. It won't be the best or the most beautiful but, when you're poor, you have to learn about compromise. Check out logical increments.
>>
Just stay away from Cyberpower/Ibuypower and you should be gravy.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.