[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
Is this good?
>>
>closed source
The answer begins with an "N" and ends with an "o".
>>
Does it have TST functionality?
>>
>>57001949
Isn't it chromium based?
>>
>>57002035
That doesn't mean it's open source
>>
i like the tab tiling

i'm not gonna use it as a main browser though
it's pretty weird
>>
>>57001933
I use it. It's alright, could be better. Some shit on it still annoys me, like some websites not working correctly on it (mainly my bank's website), or the fact that the URL bar works poorly with your history (for example, if you've visited a certain part of a website, it'll suggest that page first, instead of the main page, like other browsers do, and it picks what to show randomly). If I type "4chan" on my URL bar, it'll show the page for the /trv/'s banner contest vote for some reason, which I visited once. I'm pretty sure this has been broken for a while and they didn't touch it since.

It has those little things broken here and there, but it's pretty usable and stable. I don't think it has crashed on me once, in months of using it in both my laptop and PC.

Why I use it? I wanted a browser that catered to me, really. Firefox is going down the shitter and gets more fucked with every update, and was really unstable last time I used it. Chrome is Jewgle botnet. Vivaldi is botnet too, but at least it's botnet catering to me, unlike all other browsers. That's really it.
>>
>>57002164
Agree,seems to be the fastest browser on my machine
>>
>>57001933
I used it on my laptop for a bit but I switched back to Chromium. The customization is neat but the functionality is garbage.
>>
I like it. I'm hoping mail and feed will actually come.
>>
The interface is nicer than Chrome, but it's still shit in terms of customization, which is supposed to be one of its strong points.

Not being able to move around your profile is pretty fucking terrible, since setting it up in the first place is a complete pain in the dick.
>>
>>57002072
They have the source code for full releases on their website, i think it's under a bsd licence.
>>
>>57001949
Freetards are the worst posters
>>
I like the way i can manage my bookmarks.
For work related tasks, for me, it was the best option.
>>
>>57001949
https://vivaldi.com/source/?lang=en_US
>>
>>57001933
>can't drag tab to another window
Dropped it after this, i dont know if its fixed by now
>>
>>57003079
My bad. Maybe it's the best browser after all.

I always thought it was freeware with only like 90% open source components.
>>
>>57001933
>people are unironically choosing vivaldi as a chromium-based alternative instead of Chropera
>>
>>57001949
>The answer begins with an "N" and ends with an "o".
Negro?
>>
>>57001933
>Is this good?
It's getting better. I'm beginning to use it more.
>>
>>57004981
That's because Opera unironically shat on their users with Chropera. Which means that for people like me, it's anything but Chropera. So I use Opera 12, and Vivaldi is made by the original Operans (before the programming was moved to Poland)
>>
Does anyone know if there's a way to adjust scroll speeds/lines because it seems slow for me
>>
>>57001933
No, it's fucking garbage. Just use Opera.
>>
>>57004981
opera has been a shitty company since they introduced opera 15. they lied to their users and would much rather take the easy way out and turn their browser into a glorified chrome skin rather than keep their engine updated and competitive. over a decade of innovation thrown away.
>>
meme browser with confirmed shills (fuck off)
>>
it's shit
>javascript gui
>>
>>57001933
It uses no memory so it has to be!
>>
>>57001933

there might be a possibility that this might be better than that

ymmv
>>
I am really enjoying Iridium but I might try out Opera 12.
>>
>>57001933
Has potential, but trash for daily use.
>>
>>57001933

I like it.

Using it as my desktop browser, mainly because of tab stacking and save tab sessions.

However I am still using opera on my laptop.
>>
>>57001985
It has vertical tabs but not trees.
>>
>>57001933
Fuck no
>>
>>57001933

Truthfully: How much are you being paid to shill this POS software? Was it worth it to sell your self-respect?
>>
>>57001949
https://vivaldi.com/source/?lang=en_US

U wot m8
>>
File: 1475649559377.jpg (133KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1475649559377.jpg
133KB, 640x640px
>>57001933
>Shitty Opera clone
f*cking guess
>>
>>57002164
>botnet

Except neither are botnet at all and you appear to have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Neither contain a rootkit. Neither contain a RAT. Neither contain any software that connects it to other machines running chrome or vivaldi to interact with each other to execute commands on behalf of the developers like DDoS a target or mine buttcoins.

You can even download the vivaldi source and audit it yourself.

Please stop being a stupid faggot that misuses the word. You, and people like you, are the reason for it being used incorrectly. You blindly parrot what others say without actually learning what a word means. Think for yourself for a change.
>>
>>57011546
>implying

It's not an "opera clone". It's a browser developed by two of the main opera devs that didn't like the change from Presto to Blink because Presto features would be lost in the changeover, so vivaldi is Presto based to retain the shit opera lost while adding new shit.

So for the most part, aside from the browser agnostic features like tabs, vivaldi and opera share little to no feature overlap.
>>
>>57011712
>vivaldi is presto based
What did you smoke?

It's webkit.
The developers want a more customizable interface and overall interaction with the browser, though.
>>
File: gio.png (9KB, 626x119px) Image search: [Google]
gio.png
9KB, 626x119px
>no XP support

dropped
>>
>>57011712
it's based on node, not on presto, you fucking retard
>>
>>57002391
Last I checked that was missing some bits to actually be able to compile Vivaldi.
>>
>>57011786
Is this b8? Node and presto have nothing in common. One is JS-based trashware and the other is a web rendering engine. That's like comparing apples to tomatoes.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.