[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I upgrade my iPhone 6 to a Samsung S7?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

Should I upgrade my iPhone 6 to a Samsung S7?
>>
Is this another thread relating to the explosions again, but rather implied.
>>
no just wondering cuz my contract ended
>>
>buying samshit
>current year
stop
>>
>>57001918
Upgrading from iPhone 6 to Nexus 6P when my contract is up, anon. But it's all to personal preferences really. Friend of mine loves his S7 Edge but IIRC Samsung has some bloat in it.
>>
>>57001969
ill prob just root it and remove all that bloat
>>
>>57002001
Which provider are you with, anon? Heard there's extra bloat with Verizon, not sure about AT&T and others. Either way, you should be able to get that shit off there.
>>
>>57001847
No. You should end the contract, buy a burner sim and wait for a discounted Note 7 or discounted HTC10 on Black Friday - sim free.

If you like spreading your cost over multiple months go with the Apple Upgrade Program (20 months I think) or Google Store Finance (24 months) and get iPhone 7 Plus or Pixel XL.

It's worth waiting for Black Friday for S7 too, might be as low as $400 if you're lucky.

>>57001969
>Upgrading from iPhone 6 to Nexus 6P when my contract is up, anon.

You mean downgrading? That decision is retarded, I hope your new contract will be much cheaper.
>>
>>57002018
at&t rn but switching to t-mobile
>>
>>57001847

NOOoooo
S7 is a terrible piece of bloated laggy shit. You are better of with your memephone.

I had one and ended up selling it after 2 weeks and going back to an iphone 4s.

Trust me, you will regret the s7 hugely.
>>
>>57002026
>You mean downgrading
No I mean upgrading. Should I post the specs for you, anon?

>>57002032
Wish you luck, anon.
>>
i have a regular s7. its nice but holy shit every day i use it i forget how much nicer it is to be rooted because the ads are fucking unbearable. right now im stock so i dont know if i will just get used to it or not.

the thing gets fucking HOT though, just watching videos it gets hot, and if you do a software update it gets to the point where you literally cannot hold it for more than 10 seconds
>>
Are you incapable of thinking independently? Why are there so many of these posts? Has there ever been a decent outcome of these threads?

Just fuck off.
>>
>>57002064
Okay, fair enough; I was thinking of 6s.

Either way Snapdragon 810 feels underwhelming for 2016 especially for a contract. You can almost always get a better deal sim-free on non-flagship phones (or in general imo).

I was thinking of this when I replied:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtBHW5Nn2zI
>>
>>57002232
Not the same guy but i have an S5 and its being a piece of shit, is getting a nexus 6p an upgrade since the pixel is just a bit too much money for my liking.
>>
>>57001847
Yes.
>>
It depends. How invested are you into iOS?
>>
>>57002232
I was thinking of getting the Pixel before I saw the price tag associated with it. Is there any good non-flagship phones that you'd recommend for around the same pricing as the 6P? (~$550 for 64GB model)
>>
>>57002726
Not all that much, but i am willing to make the switch to an android phone in general
>>
Get a Galaxy Note 7. It's the hottest phone on the market. The battery life will literally blow you away.
>>
>>57002755
lel
>>
>>57002744
I'm from the UK and HTC 10 had a £100 off deal 2 weeks ago, bringing it down to £469. Now they have a 15% off, so they seem to like offering deals frequently.

I'd say if you're in the USA definitely wait for the sweet Black Friday deals; basically like I mentioned here >>57002026

Keep your iPhone 6 for now, and ask to switch your phone number to pay as you go and for them to send you a code to unlock your phone.
>>
>>57003119
Thanks for the info, anon. I'll look into the HTC 10 and see if it's my cup of tea.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-09-23-49-12.jpg (596KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-09-23-49-12.jpg
596KB, 1440x2560px
>>57002673
Seems so. Better screen/display, better stats and better OS than touchwizz, better battery for stand by/talking/music and better front camera.

On the down side, no msd card slot, sightly worse back camera, worse dust/water resistance, non removable battery - and the larger screen will drain it faster for active use.

So it's up to you but it all comes to the price it's available at.
>>
>>57001918
>Slower Storage speed
>Slower CPU
>slower GPU

DESU going from the iPhone to a Samsung would be a downgrade
>>
Android phones explode get the iphone
>>
Neither option has a physical landscape keyboard so both are absolute pig shit.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.