[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wordpress Server load spikes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 1.jpg (42KB, 804x242px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
42KB, 804x242px
Anyone got an idea why our webserver is getting this high loads?
We are running wordpress on it and when the load goes high our website is down for the time. We only use a few plugins
>>
>>56999633
Install Gentoo
>>
>>56999633
How about you check the access log. Good chance it's bots trying to bruteforce the admin password or just trying to guess urls to shit like phpmyadmin. Also install a cache plugin like W3 Total Cache (or any of the other available).
>>
>>56999679

I will try to do that thanks for the tip.
We use WP Super Cache which is the same.
Something i noticed is that sometimes when the load is long it displays: error establishing database
>>
>>56999718
Are you using a shared host? If so the mysql database might be under heavy load from other websites on the hosts server.
>>
>>56999746

We use a managed VPS i think there might be 1 other user on it. But i asked them and they said there is nothing from there side.
They are russians and very fast mad lol

i am installind wordfence right now
>>
>>56999796
And I guess you're not the one managing it? I don't know about how important this website is but if it is I recommend moving to a Russian free server.
>>
>>56999857
we are managing it as much as i can but im currently not able to do the mysql and database stuff.

We need them because of the DMCA stuff and so on.. They are a very reputable host but get angry very fast
>>
>>56999887
Doesn't sound like a reputable host to me.
>>
>>56999933

The thing is i would post the host but they could easily find out who we are if they see the screenshot.

Saldy i dont have a backup either because from plugins i get this error: PHP EXECUTION TIMEOUT ERROR

and im waiting atm for them to give me the SSH credentials because i lost them so i can make a backup
>>
>>56999968
Wait, is the website down right now because of WP plugins?
>>
>>56999998
dayum.
almost
>>
>>56999998

It goes down every few minutes.
I dont know if its the plugins, database, harddrive...
>>
>>57000055
Check the error log for the love of
>>
>>56999968
Why would they care if you called them out on their bullshit?
I could tweet OVH right now with my server ID and tell them how shit they are and they wouldn't do shit about it.
>>
>>57000000
>>
>>57000100
That would be because they're French.
>>
Wordpress is notorious for being a fucking resource hog.

I'd suggest using another plugin for caching, since WP Super Cache has always been problematic for my setups. W3Cache seems to be a good choice if configured correctly.

To disable all the plugins, SSH into your server, go to wp-content and rename the folder plugins to plugins_old. That should disable them. Check the load then.

Your template could also be badly designed. Install P3 Profiler and run a scan, see what's slowing you down. The more your SQL queries are above 60, the more problems you're gonna get.

Also, if you have a shitload of visitors, your server might just be incapable of handling the load. For anything besides static corporate websites, I had to use dedicated servers because even VPS options crashed with enough people on them.

Note: try using cloudflare as a free CDN to lighten the load on your website.
>>
>>57000211
And if you don't have ssh access (as said before), if you do have database access, check the wp_options table for a field named active_plugins and remove the plugin(s) from there (or set it to a:0:{} to disable all plugins but make sure to save the previous value to a txt file).
>>
>>57000211
>P3 Profiler

im currently configuring W3Cache but its way slower than wp super cache.
>>
>>57000666
Another caching plugin I've used is Comet Cache. If W3 doesn't do it for you, maybe Comet Cache will.

Sadly, in such cases, it's not a "one size fits all" situation.
>>
>>57000797
>Comet Cache

wow thanks! Comet cache works like charm. Everything is fast as hell now. :)

I also deactivated the Jetpack pluging and we are hoping that the spikes wont come again now
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.