[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>make thread about problems with 4chan servers >thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: redirect.jpg (263KB, 1685x887px) Image search: [Google]
redirect.jpg
263KB, 1685x887px
>make thread about problems with 4chan servers
>thread gets deleted

https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/56998764

>random images redirect to is.4chan and cannot load

Who else is affected?
State your country/region and whether you have these issues too.
>>
>change the URL manually to i.4cdn
>images load fine
The hell is this bullshit.
>>
>>56999332

is.4chan has been loading fine for a lot of people as well. I'm not sure what's going on with that.
>>
Dutchman reporting in: is.4chan.org works fine here.
>>
>>56999356
Huh. Anyway, it's not working for me in Poland.
>>
BOTNET CONFIRMED
>>
doesn't work in russia
>>56999241
hiro told you about passes man
now cdns die
>>
>>56999457

I actually thought it might be some bullshit related to 4chan passes, but I've been using a pass and logging in and out doesn't affect it.
>>
It's blocked for adblock users.
>>
>>56999468
(it's because not everyone bought a pass)
>>
>>56999478

Tried that too. Not the cause.
>>
>>56999241
No, OP is right, a lot of thread images are fucking up. Happening on other boards too. Frequently before a thread can finish, less than 30 mins after its creation, once you try and expand the thumbnail it gives that "This image no longer exists" Red message
>>
>>56999241
Happening with me as well, sometimes it loads fine, sometimes not.

Changing the url to i.4cdn.org doesn't work for me either.
>>
Merica here, it don't work
>>
>>56999626
>Changing the url to i.4cdn.org doesn't work for me either.

That's new to me. What kind of URL do the images have that do work for you?
>>
UK here, can see thumbnails but can't expand on the is.4chan

fucking jap moot
>>
/qa/ now has a thread about it too:

>>>/qa/755679
>>
>>56999332
>>56999356
ssl is disabled for is.4chan.org
you can connect if you use http not https
>>
Someone wrote a fix for Greasemonkey:

>>>/qa/755996

>>56999685
Why though?
>>
>>56999241
Happened to me too, I created a thread twice because the first was deleted within seconds.
>>
>>56999241
4chan is using protocol relative URLs in the image links which fucks up because the is.4chan.org domain does not support HTTPS.

--> If you browse 4chan with HTTPS, clicking the links will not work. HTTP-only is fine though.

How they fuck did they not notice this before pushing it to production and why is it still not fixed?
>>
>>56999639
Here's an example from /s/:
http://is.4chan.org/s/1475686706324.jpg

Doesn't open for me in mobile.
Downloads fine in my image downloader.
Didn't test it on desktop browser.
>>
>>56999984
This link will work fine as long as your browser isn't telling the server to upgrade your request to HTTPS (e.g. via Upgrade-Insecure-Requests header) or you are using something like HTTPS everywhere.
>>
>>56999241
Had one on /tg/ drop the forward slash between the board name and the image name. I assume it was because it was posted in the thread after I opened it and the auto update function doesn't work properly with whatever they're doing with this new image server.
>>
From the looks of it they just switched their static data server and went live with it before waiting a bit to account for people with slow DNS updates that do not respect TTL. Images wouldn't load for me an hour ago from is.4chan.org but they work fine now.
>>
>>56999241
Germany here, lots of images fail to load.
>>
For me is.4chan doesn't work on Firefox but it does work on Chrome, and every image loads very slowly on both browsers, other stuff loads fine so it's not my internet
>>
>>56999984
US: this image fails to load, but OP's image does. OP's image also has the URL https://i.4cdn.org/g/1476037167637.jpg.

Bunch of images on /v/ were also failing for me.
>>
>>56999241
>State your country/region and whether you have these issues too.

Nice try NSA.
>>
File: 404.png (2KB, 200x25px) Image search: [Google]
404.png
2KB, 200x25px
>>56999241
almost half of these images are failing

this shit is real annoying
>>
>>57000597
At least he didn't take down the entire website
>>
>>57000597
try using the script mentioned here
>>56999708
I have been using it and it works.
The entire script is a for loop, you can easily tell that it's not doing anything fishy
>>
>>56999241
ITT scrubs who would stop using https just to load their images
there's stupid, and then there's lazy
/g/ is dead, long live /g/uro

// ==UserScript==
// @name 4chanimgfix
// @namespace Hiroshima Nagasaki
// @author Anonymous
// @match *://boards.4chan.org/*
// @grant none
// ==/UserScript==

var a_scan = document.getElementsByTagName('a');
var hiroshima, nagasaki;
for(var i = 0; i < a_scan.length; i++) {
hiroshima = a_scan[i];
nagasaki = hiroshima.getAttribute('href');
if(nagasaki) hiroshima.setAttribute('href', nagasaki.replace(/is.4chan.org/gi, 'i.4cdn.org'));
}
>>
>>57000885
nice meme variable name
also, Dutchman here, is.4chan.org doesn't work at all
>>
>>57000885
Maybe if you actually read the thread and saw >>56999708
You could also have optimized it by using queryselector before copy-pasting

Anyway most images seem to be returning the non-broken URL now, so it's not needed anymore.
>>
File: 20161009_01.png (4KB, 395x60px) Image search: [Google]
20161009_01.png
4KB, 395x60px
Anyone else notice that website links on 4chins are now thread #'s and not the OP's topic sentence?
>>
>>57001110
The #bottom is there because you clicked the button or the extension added it.
The useless text aka slug is only linked from the page view, because that's what search engines indexes.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.