[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is Loonix is so good how come no one uses it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 1470072174805.jpg (31KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1470072174805.jpg
31KB, 403x403px
is Loonix is so good how come no one uses it?
>>
>>56998851
>2016
>Still wondering why nobody uses Linux
>Should be clear by now
>>
>le argumentum ad populum
>>
>>56998851
>most used OS for phones, servers, and supercomputers
>dude linux has like NO marketshare LMFAO
Is this what winbabbies actually believe?
>>
because of systemd
>>
>>56999119
>actually a kernel, not OS
>android is moving away from linux
>laughable security on servers
>>
>>56998851
It doesn't come preinstalled by the worldwide Jewish retail conspirators.
>>
>>56998851
My gaymen just works on Windows.

I can't be arsed installing infinite dependencies that don't exist anymore because the dev removed the repo

I can't be arsed looking for alternatives when everything I use is available and works on Windows.
>>
>>56998851
>argumentum ad populum
>>
>>57000181
basically this

99% of people with computers only use them for work or netflix. They dont care enough to spend time installing or learning a new os when the one that came with the computer works fine for everything they need to do
>>
Because the only reason linux exists is to let those skilled with computers rice it and post in desktop threads. That's literally it.

So 99% of human beings on earth have 0 use for loonix.
>>
>>57000424

Even if Linux came with the computer, it doesn't work fine so they would want to change to Windows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qj8p-PEwbI
>>
>>56998851
if being rich is so good how come no one's rich?
>>
>>57000431
>skilled
>>
>>56998851
There are more linux PCs than windows PCs.
>>
>>57000513

This guy >>57000471 says that there's more shit than diamonds in the world.
>>
>>57000469
Except it would. Even back then you did not need a fucking disk to set up your internet connection. And openoffice could have handled whatever shitty work she had to do for her shitty online classes just fine.

Also, chromeOS.
>>
Gaming. Period.

When other OS's can handle gaming without 50 workarounds I'll gladly switch.
>>
>>57000583
If diamonds are so good how come there more shits than diamonds in the world?
>>
>>57000469
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRWrmT0ovPE
>>
I want to switch, what about Photoshop and After Effects though? I love this software. Don't even try to tell me to learn to use Gimo. No, just no.
>>
it cant handle my gayming
>>
>>56999147
>laughable security on servers
>blame the software
It's not linux fault if wanabee sysadmins can't do their work.
Give this job to a gentoo tryharder and you won't have security problems, ever.
I speak from experience.
>>
>>57001012
Because it takes millions of years for shit to turn into diamonds.
>>
The reason no one uses Linux on PC's is because of compatibility issues. For example, I decided to install Linux again on a computer of mine after a 4 year hiatus and it turns out Linux doesn't like nvidia anymore bc I get a black screen when I load an installer.
>>
File: Sun-Oct-09-2016-17-19-09.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sun-Oct-09-2016-17-19-09.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>56998851

we all use linux, shit for brains

only faggots are left behind
>>
because of microshaft monopoly on gaymes
>>
Don't mind me, just getting paid $140k/yr to use Linux.
>>
File: hat.png (699KB, 763x1077px) Image search: [Google]
hat.png
699KB, 763x1077px
>>57000181
they did and failed hard
>>
If everything you do is in a browser or games then linux is not for you. Linux has issues with things 'just werking', most companies dont do any product testing with linux or actively try to prevent it from running in a linux environment.

Linux is way better for development/infosec/reverse engineering/forensics work though, its easy to sandbox things, easier to install and run code under development, tons of awesome tools run better in linux like volatility, kismet, metasploit, etc, and while powershell was a step in the right direction for windows (and a step back in some ways) its somehow more obtuse than bash or even ksh.

And linux servers can be more secure than windows because its easier to harden/minimize a linux server.

Basically, if youre dumb or dont care about tech, then dont use linux because its honestly more work for everyday stuff. For certain kinds of things, linux is much much better.
>>
>>57002200
One of my med student friends uses a Linux laptop for university and everything else she does. She's not into tech enough to care about the nitty gritty of it, but she loves the system she has. I know it's only 1 example, but if it happens once it will occur again. Shame those digits were wasted on such a post
>>
>>56998851
It's not pre-installed.
>>
>>57001808

>It's not linux fault if wanabee sysadmins can't do their work.

Actually it is, one of the main goals of OSes is to be secure even though their users are incompetent.
>>
>>57003190
>Actually it is, one of the main goals of OSes is to be secure even though their users are incompetent.
This can't go without compromises, you have less control over your system.
Linux allow you to make virtually whatever you want with your hardwares as long as you know what you're doing.
When I have to interview people, I asj about their personnal set up at home.
With the same qualifications I'm more willing to recruit the one that do things by himself than the one that use the classical combo: macbook/iphone/airport.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.