[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DIY Pwn Phone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (24KB, 640x423px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
24KB, 640x423px
Hey /g/uys, I wonder if there is a way to make my own Pwn Phone with an old and cheap android/linux based smartphone.

Any ideas ? Someone already tried ? Any tutorials ? Thx.
>>
get a. life nerdo
>>
Read a book, skiddie fuck
>>
>>56998451

I heard of some kind of DIY Pwn Phone but lost the links. Sorry Mate.
>>
>>56998451

you can't
>>
>>56998480
>>56998489

wtf ?
>>
>>56998451
I rooted a cheap coolpad phone and put tools like dsploit on it.
>>
>>56998604

OP here
so it may work with any android smartphone, right ?
>>
>>56998652

not any
>>
bump, interrested
>>
>>56998451

you just watched MrRobot, didn't you ?
>>
>>56998869

OP here
yeah
>>
>>56998451
Good grief, the /g/ of today doesn't know technology from their assholes. Anyways, to answer your question you can just buy an old nexus 5 and a USB WiFi dongle, then install the PwnPhone ROM on the phone.
>>
>>56999300

Thanks !
>>
>>56999300

do you have a link to the PwnPhone ROM ? coudn't find it
>>
>>56999466

interesting
>>
>>56999466
>>56999538
Possibly not the exact ROM, but one with very similar functionality from the guys behind Kali Linux.

https://www.offensive-security.com/kali-linux-nethunter-download/
>>
>>56999578

thk !
it's not the exact ROM because PwnPhone stop releasing his own ?
>>
>>56999637
Literally the only reason they can charge a thousand bucks for their riced nexus is because of the software. Of course they don't want you to buy a used nexus 5, download their OS and get basically the same experience.
>>
>>56999663

So PwnPhone is the only software ?
>>
What a smartphone needs to turn into a PwnPhone ? It must be a linux based smartphone ? Does it needs to have a micro sd card reader ?
>>
pwnphone ?
>>
>>56999879

bump
>>
>>56999926

basically a smartphone rooted and designed to pentest networks
>>
>>56999879

linux or android I think
>>
>>56999879

bump
>>
>>56999798

PwnPhone ROM
Kali nethunter ROM

Some says nethunter is better.
>>
>>56999798

PwnPhone isn't a software anon
>>
at least a real /t/opic !
bump !!!
>>
>31 posts
>6 IPs
>terrible English everywhere
cool thread
>>
>>56998652
not any, the old nexus 7 (first model) had a wireless adapter that let you put it in monitor mode if you rooted the tablet. As far as I know 3~4 years ago wasn't that difficult to run into a phone or tablet that let you do that, nowadays it seems a rare thing so most of the shit you will see uses an external adapter (probably the good old TPLink dongle eveyrone uses) with otg.

As much as I like the idea maybe you would be better off with a small laptop/old netbook and the same adapter with actual linux while doing the pentesting.
>>
>>57000330

one word: portability and discretion
you can't pentesting on a laptop, someone will notice
>>
File: hackers.jpg (144KB, 640x1064px) Image search: [Google]
hackers.jpg
144KB, 640x1064px
HE'S JUST LIKE ME
>>
>>57000385

fucking great show
>>
>>57000384
I know someone will notice, but someone will notice someone with a laptop or someone with a phone and a weird looking antenna coming from it. The phoen with the dongle looks really suspicious.

As I said, it was better before because more phones let you go monitor mode with the wifi they already have.

What specs or phone are the guys from pwnie express actually using, do they need the extra adapter?
>>
>>57000428

which old phones let you use monitor mode ? can you tell us somes ?
>>
>>57000428

th pwnphone has some dongle
>>
>>57000470
honestly I don't remember from the top of my head, I do remember that I could do it with a nexus 7 2012 I had and that other phones released on or before that time were too using root or cyanogen.

Seen a couple of threads of people complaining of newer hardware that can't do it and people that seemed to know a lot more than I do about it explaining that it was easier to do it before because of the wireless chipset that was used had that avaible through root.

>>57000503
guess it has to be the best option with current phones and/or you can use the wifi from the phone to generate traffic and the dongle to sniff.
>>
>>57000470

nexus
>>
>>56998489
>people arent allowed to ask questions to learn
>>
>>56999578
Do you know if anyone's ported nethunter to GS5.
>>
>>57001319

idk
>>
bumpity bump
>>
>>56998451
PwnPhone is just a version of Ubuntu made from source designed to run on ARM CPU, ran in chroot. Then they have some android app that open a shell and run a specific line of code. You should be able to compile your own kernel and OS and make your own version of PWNPhone on any phone. Just use the NetHunter repositories in a rooted shell. Katoolin makes things easier.

The main thing is that everything is designed for ARM and apt-get. So if your phone deviates form this, good luck making everything from scratch.
>>
>>57001851
So the phone needs to have a ARM CPU ? That's all ?

If so this is good news.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.