[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is setting up dm-crypt in Ubuntu enough to keep myself safe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: TuxCrystalised.svg.png (58KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
TuxCrystalised.svg.png
58KB, 500x600px
Is setting up dm-crypt in Ubuntu enough to keep myself safe?
>>
>>56993371
from what?
>>
>>56993392
From government seizure.
>>
No, throw your computers out your window, only that will keep you safe.
>>
>>56993399
When people have physical access to your computer, it is a matter of time and resources to get in.

If you are doing something illegal, get out while you can.
If you are working with something classified, ask your superiors.
>>
When people have physical access to a well-encrypted container with a strong passphrase, they are shit out of luck. Don't listen to the absurd horseshit you're going to get from intelligence community shills.
>>
>>56993399
You have to provide them access to files if given a warrant. So you're only safe from illegal access.
>>
>>56993531
If you use strong encryption with a long passphrase, you're set.
>>
>>56993399
If the gubmint is actually interested in your drives >>56993680
is right....
But if you are storing the data you want to hide then you already have a problem.

Tails is the goto for that kind of shit for a reason. Once the gubmint has your shit, you're done defending it unless you don't mind going to jail.

The only real options for data storage are to hide it before the government seizes it.

If you are getting your doors kicked in, you shouldn't even have the sensitive material in plain sight/access.

Due to the fact that you are asking this question, I'm assuming you're just a techbabby who wants to hide the fact he downloaded the /k/ doc....but doesn't realize the feds don't give a shit about you. If you actually plan to do illegal shit, then you should already know that starting with this little info is retarded and fuck you for asking us to help you learn.

>implying l33t NSA doesn't already have a 0day for AES
>>
>>56993531
Uh no, not with good encryption. That's the point.

>>56993680
5th.
>>
>>56993399
default dm-crypt options aren't good enough, so no

if you're concerned about LEA then you've already lost desu
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.