[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I recently got this rather old amplifier from a friend of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1235152123551361235.jpg (752KB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1235152123551361235.jpg
752KB, 1456x2592px
So I recently got this rather old amplifier from a friend of mine, it still works perfectly and is in good working condition.

The issue is that I really need to find out how much does this thing consume power, mainly when idling since I am planning on just having it on most of the time. If it drains the 288W constantly, it's going to be a rather expensive amp in terms of electricity.

I've checked the manuals, tried googling and send an email to pioneer support (no response) without any success.

There is nothing that would indicate the "class" of it, or how much it consumes when on idle.

Anyone here got a clue?

PS. I wish I had a decent wattage meter, but the ones I have suck with -/+ 50% values.
>>
File: 1467149360675.gif (4MB, 298x150px) Image search: [Google]
1467149360675.gif
4MB, 298x150px
>still works perfectly

>in good working condition
>>
>>56993100

buy a Kill-A-Watt.
>>
>>56993272
I'm from Europpa and it doesn't seem to have a Schuko head.
>>
>mainly when idling since I am planning on just having it on most of the time

Just turn it off for fuck's sake
>>
>>56993100
The aesthetics on these are almost fucking perfect... why can't $300 EMPTY computer cases be designed with this level of care?

How hard is it to add dials and programmable VFDs and quality machining so things line up and look neat and presentable, it can't be hard if Pioneer was cranking these out every year since the 80s
>>
>>56993299

I doubt that are not an option for you, but if yoy are poor or in a hurry, use a multimeter and see how much amps it sucks from the wall, multiply by the volts on your location, boom! watts

If you want to measure VoltsAmps, and or the power factor, thats another story. Assuming that the only devices that care for power factor correction are high end PSU's we can assume that on standby your sweet pioneer will consume 2*Watts = VA's or a 0.5 power factor. I think that the manual should say how much it consumes on idle tho'
>>
>>56993100
God damn. My parents had one of these in the 90s.
This stack taught me a lot.
>>
Maybe..... just maybe...... you should buy a watt meter....
>>
>>56993100

OMG milenials just cant into analogue circuits.

ok that is a good score

listen to me carefully. IT WILL ONLY DRAW POWER WHEN PLAYING VERY LOUD MUSIC.

Thats what a power amp does. It only draws power when you are amplifiing music.

it might use 5-10 watts standby and if you are worried about power get rid if that cd and turntable module because i know you are just going to be using the AUX from your puter or phone

captcha: hate fake modular
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.