[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How was it /g/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: lumia-640-xl-hero-cyan.jpg (263KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
lumia-640-xl-hero-cyan.jpg
263KB, 1600x1200px
How was it /g/
>>
>>56984103
Loved the OS. Still do and I miss using it.

But even MS themselves don't care about it anymore, the app gap was never solved and no one except Nokia/MS made good hardware for it.

The OS is miles better than iOS or Android, but everything even tangentially related to what makes a good smartphone platform was shit.
>>
>>56984172
Have you even been paying attention to the news at all? They're still completely committed to 10 Mobile... The surface phone is due next year, redstone 2 will be god tier.
>>
>>56984103
Where the devs for the software?
If they don't make it to run compatible soft with win8/vista/xp then it's still trash.
Compatibility is their only hope.
>>
>>56984103
>was

i still use it.

its okey-ish, the battery life is godlike.
>>
>>56984103
like shit.
still using a 520 btw
>>
>>56984103
>muh
>apps

It -is- still better than the other two options on the market.
>>
>>56984103

Why wont they port android apps over.

Project Astoria was the only thing they needed to make Windows phone usable.
>>
>>56984658
it just isn't. stop lying to yourself bro.
>>
Decent. But you will notice that ms the company itself is caught in a bubble isolated from any standard making things unnecessarily a pain.
>>
>>56984658
I'm sure that's why it's bellow 2% market share and Microsoft dropped out of the smartphone marked.
>>
File: 1475504407207.png (502KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475504407207.png
502KB, 1080x720px
It was good. Great actually. With the release of 8.1 it actually felt like it was going to become a viable 3rd contender between the iOS Android duopoly. It was Satya Nutella that really screwed the pooch, Ballmer was taking it great places and I don't say that often.
>>
>>56987762
>Ballmer was taking it great places
Kek. He drove the company into a gaping pit of impending doom and Satya is fixing it.
>>
>>56987762

PMSL!!!!!!!!
>>
>>56989589
>>56989666
WP marketshare was literally at its peak with Ballmer and briefly in to Nutella's reign. Nutella has literally said he DGAF about Microsoft's consumer products which includes smartphones. Remember that it was Ballmer who was behind all of WP's defining features (Live tiles, hubs, Cortana)
>>
File: bday.png (538KB, 607x616px) Image search: [Google]
bday.png
538KB, 607x616px
>>56984103
Still stupid awesome
>>
I used a 528 that was $19 for 2 months and windows phone really grew on me.

Unfortunately some of my friends use hangouts because they are fanboys.

Id consider getting a Lumia with a better camera if it had hangouts.
>>
>>56989779
Cooking is fun.

Did the windows phones offer nice integration features with Windows computers?
I want to upgrade, and I'm considering either a priv or a widowed phone
>>
>>56984103
I had the Lumia 520 and it was crazy how good that phone was for its pricetag. If it wasn't for the lack of apps, I'd still be using a WP.
>>
>>56984614
Its comfy! The design is so good for quick usage whit one hand. ( I have 520 + 650).
>>
>>56984103
Its still ok. The os is god tier if you value lightweight, safety, stability, battery life.

And usually cheapest phones... That look good and actually work, dosen't need much ram ( 1gb win10m - 512mb win8p )

The appGap is real and there was project Astoria, but for safety and stability + respect for win devs it got canned. There is iphone vers that I havent read yet, you can find it if you search astoria.

I will be waiting for redstone 2 (2017) and the new phones.
>>
>>56989784
http://m.windowscentral.com/client-hangouts-universal-windows-10-app-lets-you-chat-your-google-contacts

Well its 5€ but hey, there is an app
>>
>>56986615
Sheeple are sheeple
>>
>>56984103
Make a true windows phone meaning it should run a pc version of windows on it and I'll buy it tomorrow .
That's what M$ kuks don't understand.
>>
loved my 930.
>>
>>56984197
so you're buying it?
>didn't think so
>>
>>56984103
It's ok but definitely leaves a lot to be desired. I've been using a 1520 with WP 8.1 for close to 3 years now. No idea when I will get the official W10 update though.
>>
File: 1475718086028.gif (3MB, 310x279px) Image search: [Google]
1475718086028.gif
3MB, 310x279px
>>56993293
win 10 with the insider app feels great.
Just needs a lot more bug fixing and testing. Took me 2 hours to install it on my 630 then 2 days later i revert back to 8.1. Browser constantly crashed. Hell, even sliding to the apps made it crash.

Hope redstone doesn't fuck up, really comfy with 630
>>
What features does windows offer that make it so good on phones?
>>
>>56984103
Pure cancer
>>
>>56995791
Smooth scrolling
No bloatware
Tiles make it really easy to use for literally any person, I gave my grandma a 435 and she knows how to use the phone.

The OS still needs a lot of improvement imo, but it's still more tolerable for me than looking at the piece of shit that is Material Design on Android.
>>
I'm using the 950xl. I love it. Hopefully the surface phone supports x86 apps
>>
using my 950 still, gud camera, nice for consumption in phone mode also nice to have the option to plug it into my usb c dock and use it as a cucked desktop. have all the apps i need.
>>
>>56984103
Looks pretty and that's about it.
After windows 10 even things like stability and performance became worse than Android.
I changed to Android and I don't regret it. Feels like I actually have a pocket computer now.
>>
>>56984103
Probably the best mobile OS up to this day. Shame about the lack of apps, but it had a lot of things built-in, and its not like you need all those android fart apps anyway.

It sucks that they tried making their desktop OS into it as well.
>>
>>56986615
>I'm sure that's why it's bellow 2% market share

You mean just like Linux on the desktop marketshare, right?
>>
>>56989589
>fixing it

He's pooing over what's left of it.
>>
>>56984103

Very fond of it, would prefer to keep using it. But my 920 is on its last legs and Microsoft has clearly demonstrated it's not serious about a Surface phone line, so I'm getting a Pixel and will try not to kill myself.
>>
Someone explain how some of you defend this EOL product so hard when MS themselves don't give two shit about it anymore?
>>
>>56997501
But even their basic apps suck.
On windows 10, the email client had a dumb bug that if you rotated the screen while writing, the "send" button would vanish. And if you rotated it again, the button send button wouldn't appear again. This bug persisted for months, before I moved to Android. The rendering of most html emails was broken too, and if you had to access an older email, good luck mate.
The web browser was shit too and if you had a tab open in background, like 4chan with auto-update on, it wouldn't update. And a lot of websites were rendered wrong too.
Their music app was a big pile of shit for like a whole year, and groove lacks basic features too.
Regarding apps, the only thing that works better in WP than Android is Onedrive integration.
>>
>>56984103
Fucking shit retarded OS
I can't even resell my fucking shit retarded Lumia 520. They won't even take it for $30.
Fucking waste of space.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.