[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

vb.net programming help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: halp.png (60KB, 1304x931px) Image search: [Google]
halp.png
60KB, 1304x931px
hey im doing a simple project for school and for the love of god, i can not get a string and a decimal to be placed together within a label . what am i doing wrong?
>>
>>56983424
>using vb.net
>dim

ironic
>>
>>56983749
explain? im like brand new to all of this.
>>
>>56983424
install gentoo
>>
>>56983424
lb = string & decimal
>>
File: wtf.png (23KB, 1026x577px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
23KB, 1026x577px
OP here, im trying to display total cost with the users first name and last name (inputed in two seperate text boxes (txtFName and txtLName)
>>
>>56983908
what does the fucking error say you dumb fuck, then google it
>>
File: a.jpg (24KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
24KB, 680x383px
>deceleration and instantiation on different lines
>>
>>56983998
done that, im not that fucking stupid, it says end of statement expected or " & is not defined for string types
>>
why are you defining labels as variables?
>>
>>56984052
Don't you have to do txtFName.Value to get the value inside the textbox rather than referencing the textbox itself?
>>
>>56984447
not as far as i know
>>
OP I might be missing something but if I'm correct, you're declaring a Decimal, then using Convert.ToInt32, which will shead off the decimal part, but keep the Integer part, so you'll only get whole numbers
>>
Also, trying using + instead of &, they both have the same effect for strings, and if all else fails, lookup String.Format
>>
>>56984755
ya ive done that, im tyring to do a summary in a label where it displays the customers first and last name (take from two text boxes) plus the total of their rentals so three things in one label.
>>
Nvm OP you're autistic, you do realize you're not getting the text of txtFName right? You're trying to combine a string and a TextBox element, use txtFName.Text, and the same with txtLName
>>
>>56984778
ok will try and let you know.
>>
>>56984009
>deceleration
>>
>>56983908
>>56983424
What school are you at?

Who's teaching vb.net?
>>
>>56984852
just community college. intro to vb net
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.