[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seagate HD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: 01144142120l.jpg (93KB, 800x320px) Image search: [Google]
01144142120l.jpg
93KB, 800x320px
Hello. This is just a friendly reminder to FUCK SEAGATE AND ALL THEIR FUCKIN' SHIT

>me
>at least ten years ago, using a prebuilt pc.
>HDD error.
>it was seagate.
>lost almost everything. (I had things on the laptop)
some years later
>laptop HDD start making noises (this was on 2013)
>"It will be better to get an external HD and make regular backups so I don't lose it all again"
>get a Seagate 1Tb disk because I think maybe the last time was a fortuity.
>yesterday it loses format and I lost every thing
>1 tb of books, photos, music
>EVERY
>FUCKIN
>THING

RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'll be trying to fix it. Recuva did nothing and HDD regenerator didn't find any errors. the data must be there somewhere but I can't reach it.
if any of you have some suggestion I'll be glad to hear them
>>
goto the website and send it in for recovery you fucking autist. Its a mechanical device prone to a bunch of issues. If it was important you would have that shit backed up.
>>
>>56979017
>implying is a mechanical issue
>" If it was important you would have that shit backed up."

it was my backup disk

>you fucking autist
I see
>>
>>56978977
Sounds like the driver board went bad.
Usually its the read write head.
driver board just screws on, you can buy a new one but you have to match up numbers and Im not typing that all out.

The data should still be on the platters unless the firmware fucked up and decided to fill it full of 0's.. which is retarded but then again we are talking about a seagate drive.
>>
>>56979061
>it was my backup disk

So why are you trying to get the data back?
>>
>>56978977
Seagate High Definition?
>>
>>56979082
is a format problem. I don't know why, it fucked up itself without reason. as I said, things must be there, but I can't get to it.
I'll try to do a deeper search with recuva this afternoon.

>>56979134
there was info that I don't have on any other device.
>>
>>56979134
He's trying to get it back because by "was my backup" he means "was my sole copy."
>>
>>56979179
I dont think its a format problem.
The format is on the platters. The driver board has to be able to read the platters to see the format. If its incapable of functioning and reading the platters to retreive the format its just gonna say no format.

If for whatever reason the drive actully lost its formate, I think photorec can recover it and partitions and shit
>>
>>56979061
>it was my backup disk

>>56979179
>there was info that I don't have on any other device.

A little contradictory, isn't it?
>>
my seagate been clicking since 2013 and still hasn't died, its under heavy use, whats going on? I did a few secure erases, could have that helped somehow?
>>
>>56979237
>>it was my backup disk
Good thing you still have the original then
>>
>>56979243
>my seagate been clicking since 2013 and still hasn't died, its under heavy use, whats going on?
Youre using widnows arent you? Windows 7 to be exact?
>>
>>56979367
arch lunix actually
>>
>>56979382
That shouldnt be happening.
Mine use to do that on windows for years beacuse svchost was writing nonstop even after multiple installs. I switched to arch and it hasnt done it since.
Yours is either a program you have installed writing nonstop or its the drive actually failing. it can fail slowly like that.
You need to back your data up though.
>>
>>56979460
well its mostly traps and stupid memes so meh, maybe i should back up the traps, i think its failing indeed. thanks
>>
>>56979531
good traps or pleb tier traps?
>>
File: ohlawd.jpg (264KB, 1440x2031px) Image search: [Google]
ohlawd.jpg
264KB, 1440x2031px
>>56979555
>>
>>56979566
why do so many camwhores not clean their fucking livingspace it´s disgusting
>>
this thread is relevant to me interests (sorrows?)

i'd never usually buy seagate, but i got a 2tb external as a non-returnable gift and since about 3 months ago it is quite loud. It spins so heavily even the desk starts to hum. chkdsk and crystal disk found it to be quite healthy... but it does stuff like turn itself on when connected to a source (ie pc or xbone) in the middle of the night. Plus it does a loud beep when i disconnect it - even when i eject properly.

should i be stressed about this? nothing vital on there but downloaded media, but i'd like to backup more stuff to it. its done about 6500 hours on iirc

my personal experience with seagate is that i had 3 internals fail on me within 18 months. shame on me for continuing to buy but i learnt my lesson
>>
>>56979566
hmm.. You should archive it and upload it somewhere for me
>>
File: perf2.jpg (21KB, 319x341px) Image search: [Google]
perf2.jpg
21KB, 319x341px
>>56979586
hard to clean the room when you can barely muster up the energy to love yourself like daddy never did l0l
>>56979596
cba~
>>
>>56979607
just run 7z on the whole folder and put it somewhere, dont be like that <3
>>
>>56979708
just lurk in /b/ trap threads and sift bby, what i just posted is from there, take care mwah :3
>>
>>56979756
aww, but I wanted to cherry pick from your collection too :(
>>
>>56979866
well, in life, you gotta do things for yourself instead of begging and expecting from others anon, you're a big boy now, good luck <3
>>
>>56979879
fuck you cunt, Im trying to bulk add images to my sort folder. Lurking doest bulk add, it slow adds.
>>
Yeah seagate are p bad from experience, quality and reliability are low
>>
>>56979061
>>56978977
A backup means it's a secondary copy, not a "i put files on this so i can delete them from my main drive now"
>>
>buys a "backup" drive and uses it as a sole copy

Well, at least you lost practically no data, 1tb of shit you clearly don't care enough about to back up should be easily available to redownload.
>>
>backblaze was lying on their statics
>>
>>56979607
God, I threw up in my mouth a little looking at that shit. Is this what you faggots resort to when you're so desperate for human contact and you can't get a real woman? Deplorable.
>>
>>56978977
Have you never head the "Dont buy seagate" shit everyone here says daily?
>>
>>56982193
But it's just meme!
>>
>>56982201
Meme doesn't mean good, bad, fake, true, etc.

It means it has a lot to talk about, and in this case, low quality HDDs.
>>
I've been using Seagate HDDs since 2003 and I've only had one fail so far after 6 years of use.

also, you should have at least 3 different backups with at least 1 off-site backup for your data regardless of your choice of manufacturer
>>
>>56978977
lmao there was a guy yesterday that had 2 seagate externals fail on him
>>
Related question, which HDD should i get: HGST 7k3000 or Toshiba P300?
>>
File: 1472893177018.jpg (140KB, 734x760px) Image search: [Google]
1472893177018.jpg
140KB, 734x760px
>tfw you use hitachi
>>
File: 1474861885831.png (12KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1474861885831.png
12KB, 420x420px
>>56978977
>not using western digital black for data backup

You are an idiot.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.