[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to buy CD-DA??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: CDDAlogo.svg.png (8KB, 220x135px) Image search: [Google]
CDDAlogo.svg.png
8KB, 220x135px
I've looked everywhere and I can't find a simple online shop that i could buy a CD-DA (Compact Disc Digital Audio). I need CD-DA specifically and not CD-R. Please help
>>
>>56977759
https://www.amazon.co.jp/before-light-keeno/dp/B00VULOZD6

There you go.
>>
>>56977759
As in you need blank discs? They're just CD-Rs.
>>
>>56977759
I don't know, but you'd need a CD pressing machine to record them.
>>
CD-DA is a logical format, you can create a CD-DA disc or a CD-ROM disc out of any CD-R disc (as well as any of the other formats, like mixed-mode, CD-G, etc)
>>
>>56977800
>need CD-DA specifically and not CD-R
that's like saying "i need FAT32, not a usb flash drive"
one is a logical format, the other is a physical format, they are not mutually exclusive
>>
>>56977937
also, don't get suckered into expensive CD-R's that are "for music", they're not any different

if you're throwing mp3's or wav's onto a cd-r and wondering why they're not working, it's because you're creating cd-rom discs, you need audiocd authoring software to create cd-da discs (you can also just write a .cue sheet yourself and burn that with any software)
>>
A CD-DA disc just means it uses the standard Redbook audio only format for the digital data (meaning if you put it into any optical drive it'll be recognized as an audio disc and nothing more).

Blank CD media of any kind can be used for such purposes - the burning software dictates the format used based on what you're burning hence when you start the process the software always asks you what are you burning, an audio CD or a data CD - and yes there can be mixed format discs hence some game discs from long ago having actual CD audio soundtracks like the original Quake I and II CDs having audio on them along with the actual data.
>>
>>56977998
>if you're throwing mp3's or wav's onto a cd-r and wondering why they're not working, it's because you're creating cd-rom discs

Or because the CD player doesn't support CD-Rs.

CD-DA in practice usually means pressed CD.
>>
>>56978035
it'd have to be a really old player to not be able to handle cd-r's
players don't need special support to handle cd-r's, just a good enough laser to be able to handle the lower "contrast" compared to pressed aluminium discs
>>
>>56978063
>it'd have to be a really old player to not be able to handle cd-r's

No, I've seen a pretty new player (with USB/SD card support) that doesn't play CD-Rs.

The manual says something like pic related.
>>
>>56978035
>>56978063
oh yea, if op does mean pressed discs, there's no such thing as a consumer cd pressing machine, you'd have to get some company to produce them for you
>>
>>56978090
what that manual says is not enough to prove it can't read a CD-DA format CD-R, it's only excluding other logical formats such as CD-ROM
>>
>>56978090
That just says it only plays Redbook, not that it can't read CD-R's. Burn the CD-R as a music CD instead of a data one and it will likely play it.
>>
>>56978110
>>56978125
I tried CD-Rs and they don't work while pressed CDs do.

I didn't know you can even get that logo on blank CD-Rs, so I assumed they just mean pressed CD.
>>
I read stories about "digital audio" CDs being required for some standalone CD recorders.
>>
>>56978184
Ah yes, here it is
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/advice/9967533/Why-do-I-have-to-use-Digital-Audio-CD-Rs-to-transfer-casette-tapes-to-CD.html

>blank discs labelled Digital Audio, These have an SCMS ‘flag’ in the sub code, which is the part of the disc that the recorder read when its is first loaded.
>>
>>56978232
i've copied and burned plenty of audiocds on various cheap cd-r's over the years, and i haven't even heard of this
>>
>>56978325
Key point being "standalone CD recorders". It doesn't matter for PCs.
>>
>>56978343
oh, i've never owned a non-pc cd recorder
>>
>>56977759
CD-DA = pressed audio CDs. Good old Red Book.

Try a good quality CD-R - I had good luck with Taiyo-Yuden who were phenomenal quality, but they don't make optical media anymore, so best of luck finding a secondary source - and burn it as an audio disc. It probably can't read many CD-Rs because of an old laser pickup.

>>56978232
They mean ATIP media identification block, not subcode.

By the way, does anyone actually have a legit copy of the Rainbow Books they could PDF up? I'm writing... something... and I could really use it for reference, but Philips won't sell me them without me signing an NDA (not happening), even though as of November 2016, all of the Compact Disc patents internationally will have expired. I've already got the ECMA and BS standards that reference them, but the originals would be very handy.
>>
Just buy decent CDRs and burn at the lowest speed you can
>>
>>56978142
Get a better car fagget
>>
File: 1441406852337.gif (2MB, 200x200px)
1441406852337.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>56981333
>/g/ thinks you need to buy a new car to upgrade your stereo
Gets me every time
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.