[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ubuntu still sucks so much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: sailormoon-floppy.jpg (55KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sailormoon-floppy.jpg
55KB, 640x480px
>Impossible to install required libraries to run 32 bit flash projector because the repository is borked.

> fn-shortcut keys to increase and decrease backligt doesn't work even after having altered the grub.conf, creating 20-intel.conf and all other suggested solutions on the internet

>The system randomly freezes to a halt on occasion and i have no idea why this is.

Also, i tried installing fedora
>Fan doesn't work, computer overheats after 15 minutes.

Fuck this.
Im going back to windows again.
This shit is for people who have too much sparetime to spend on solving obvious bugs in the OS, which has been reported, but noone will solve because noone is paid to do so, since its open source.
>>
>>56977455
>solving obvious bugs in the OS
Works just fine in my machine, take your autism somewhere else retard
>>
>>56977495
None of this shit works:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/594068/fnf5-f6-keys-to-adjust-brightness-doesnt-work

It's so frustrating. And then the damn freezing which makes it impossible to actually preform work with this crap.
>>
>>56977535
u probably have a shitty asus laptop
>>
>>56977537
I do have a shitty asus laptop.
It should still work though.

Asus used to be good tier. But now i think i should have gotten an MBP instead, with a real os.
>>
>>56977455
fn doesnt work on fedora either. pisses me off.

>Also, i tried installing fedora
>Fan doesn't work, computer overheats after 15 minutes.

no

>>56977537
delet this
>>
>>56977552
it's your choice, but you're missing out, once you know your way around the terminal you can do some pretty amazing shit.
After 2 years of Linux going back to Windows is computer kindergarten
>>
>>56977565
>no
It doesn't, and other people are having this problem, not just me.

It seems like it works in the beginning after you start, then it eventually stops and won't start again.

On ubuntu it seems to work fine though.

I think the freezing most commonly happens after the laptop has been in suspend.
>>
File: p.jpg (42KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
42KB, 570x570px
>>56977455
It sounds like you're bad at computers. Might I suggest an Apple™ Mac OSX™?
>>
>>56977455
Come back and embrace the bonnet brother. Stop wasting your time by being a freetard. How do you know you won't get diagnosed with cancer next week? Imagine you get cancer and all you think is "omg I've spent my best years trying to fix my Linux OS instead of enjoying life"
>>
>>56977578
>After 2 years of Linux going back to Windows is computer kindergarten
An exaggeration, but not entirely wrong. The common and intentionally unhelpful response to my "How the hell are you supposed to do X on Windows" is "have you tried powershell?". After which I usually respond with "fuck off" or "shove it up your arse".

The Linux subsystem for windows has improved things significantly. But its inability to run low-level network is annoying.
>>
So you bought some hardware that doesn't have drivers.
I can understand how that is frustrating.
But why complain here?
What do you want me to do about it?
Help you find the drivers?
Switch to windows too?
Find a reasonable workaround?

I don't know you. I don't care what you do.
If you want to complain, complain to Asus or who ever you bought from for not writing drivers to the most popular free operating system.

Do you think everyone else puts up with stuff not working?
Is it more likely that others do not share the same problems than you and that is why there isn't more people talking about it?
>>
>>56977455
Noobuntu is so bloated
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.