[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OnePlus 3 or Google Pixel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: debut3.jpg (63KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
debut3.jpg
63KB, 1200x630px
OnePlus 3 or Google Pixel?
>>
>>56977049
Xiaomi
>>
>>56977049
Asus zenfone
>>
>developer friendly and god tier rom support or locked bootloader?
even tho i love oneplus3 for its specs and software updates, pixel looks way better, op3 reminds me samsung, pixel reminds me iphone 4
>>
>>56977049
>maybe getting an update
>guaranteed updates fairly quickly
I'll take the chink botnet free one.
>>
>>56977049
OP3, that I can vouch for.
The Pixel looks like shit.
>>
>>56977382
What are you talking about? Oneplus bootloaders are piss easy to unlock and doesn't even void your warranty and the Oneplus 3 have god tier custom ROM support too, it even had a CM13 build on the day of its release
>>
>>56977427
truth
>>
>>56977382
http://www.androidauthority.com/verizon-pixel-locked-bootloader-720300/
>>
>>56977427
>>56977457
when i said developer friendly i meant oneplus, when i said locked bootloader i meant pixel
quote from phonearena
>OnePlus 3has continued the brand's cult legacy is that it's extremely dev-friendly. A thriving segment of the Android community love to hack and modify their beloved devices, and the OnePlus 3 makes this relatively painless
>>
>>56977049
OP3 has a bad headphone amp, how did they fuck up so much.
>>
Can the OnePlus 3 bros tell me about OxygenOS?

Can you remove Google Bloatware Services?

Is it open source or is there a chance for it to be a Chinese botnet?

Do they do the HTC treatment where they don't void the warranty after root?

And finally, can we expect some sort of discount on Black Friday?
>>
>>56978070
OxygenOS is the OS you use when you're not in China

You can, just install a ROM that doesn't have GPS installed

It's open source, and extremely dev friendly

I'm not sure about that, you should check on their website or send them an email

Probably
>>
Being afraid of Chinese companies spying on you when Google with Pixel announced that you will have 0 privacy.
>>
Moto z play
>>
>>56978149
Thanks for the reply. Can you uninstall Chrome fresh out of thr box? Or just disable it?

>>56978177
I'd say Google will be held more accountable if they push too hard in a short amount of time. Law in China is weak as fuck, a niche company can disappear at any point they wish. I know OP is not that small, but you get me.
>>
OnePlus CEO tweeted a teaser vid for OP3 update.
https://twitter.com/petelau2007/status/783366248495276032/video/1

What's the chair in the beginning of the vid?
>>
>>56977180
>Xiaomi
>https://www.thijsbroenink.com/2016/09/xiaomis-analytics-app-reverse-engineered/

Don't listen to this guy.
>>
Why are the mods this incapable, this board gets spammed with useless phone threads everyday yet none cleans up the mess.
>>
>>56978667
what about custom roms? mi4 is offically supported, let's hope that mi5 support will come soon
>>
iPhone 7+ obviously
>>
>>56978248
The Google Apps are installed in the /system partition, so only disable them
>>
>>56977928

Cut the corners where people look the least (or in this case, listen) and are less likely to notice.
>>
>>56978667
I would still buy one and save a shitload of money plus you can install cyanogen that is open source and stop caring about MIUI .
>>
>>56977382
>Samsung
You mean One Plus HTC.

It's a good phone but it looks like trash. They should keep their phones like the OPO or similar to it.
>>
File: samsung-galaxy-s6-3.jpg (59KB, 600x563px) Image search: [Google]
samsung-galaxy-s6-3.jpg
59KB, 600x563px
>>56979640
i thought front was looking like samsung but nevermind, all android phones look same these days.

except pixel and chink phone manufacturers like oukitel
>>
Is Xiaomi a meme? The Mi5s is looking good. How long does it usually take for a global rom or CM to appear?

I don't think I can get a Oneplus 3 because I have manlet hands.
>>
>>56977180
>awful ios ripoff software
>bad rom support
>bootloader unlocking is a pain on newer models
>>
>>56980695
There is ROM support for the main devices and bootloader is one of the easiest to unlock the only downside is that you have to wait 1-2 days for them to allow you to unlock it.
>>
>>56980731
>have to apply for unlock and wait 1-14 days and possibly get denied
>having to unlock through proprietary windows application
Yeah, so easy. Fuck that shit, get a OnePlus or cheap Nexus on clearance and unlock instantly with a single command. Better ROM support too.
>>
>>56980748
You can just fastboot oem unlock on most Xiaomi phones too

Sent from my OnePlus 3
>>
>>56980809
This absolutely isn't the case with newer models like Mi 5, etc. I just went through it.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161008-110239.png (4MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161008-110239.png
4MB, 1440x2560px
S7 edge no regrets
>>
>>56977049
LG Nexus 5
>>
>>56980975
>no extendable battery
>no custom rom support
>late updates
you won't regret it if you're going to use it only one year. if not, then you are fucked.
>>
OP3 owners, how's the SOT with CM13/14?
>>
>>56981364
>>wth is an extendable battery? regardless it has 3000 mah and 99% of the time fully lasts me through the day even with heavy usage.
>>custom roms are only fun for like a month, I like the stability of the stock rom with xposed modules to modify it
>>it's getting nougat in January and i'm fine with this.

I've had a nexus 4, nexus 5, and a one plus one and out of all of those phones the s7 is the best phone i've had by a long shot. It's going to last me a long time.
>>
>>56981628
>>>56981364 (You)
>>>wth is an extendable battery? regardless it has 3000 mah and 99% of the time fully lasts me through the day even with heavy usage.
but the battery won't be always like that. It loses capacity over time and after a year it gets heavy hit. that feature is required to avoid it and buying even better battery, you phone would have 10k if it was supported
>>>custom roms are only fun for like a month, I like the stability of the stock rom with xposed modules to modify it
but touchwiz will make your phone sluggish and battery will drain faster. when i root my phone i was unable to cast my screen to samsung tv, even with rootcloak and resetting the counter, it still somehow see that i have root and disabled itself. I tried few times (reflash stock rom, try, root it, try) just because this reason i bought a chromecast.
>>>it's getting nougat in January and i'm fine with this.
most android phone makers have maximum 2 years of support anyway. the reason why i said custom roms were it's not fun, it's debloated and extends your phone's support time (my stock was on 4.4 even thought they verified the 5.0 update, they cancelled it)
>I've had a nexus 4, nexus 5, and a one plus one and out of all of those phones the s7 is the best phone i've had by a long shot. It's going to last me a long time.
you changed lots of phones imo. i only bought samsung wonder and s4 mini. galaxy wonder had motherboard problem 3 years ago, it has random bootloop problem. Now my S4 mini has android 6.0 and 5100 mah battery. oneplus one nexus 4 and 5 are great phones, why did you switched to samsung? Don't get me wrong, samsung makes grrat phones, but they're the least future proof option nowadays
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.