[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are websites all switching to Javascript?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 520dbf_4010981.jpg (97KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
520dbf_4010981.jpg
97KB, 960x720px
I've been getting bombarded by ad content everywhere I go and nothing seems to work when I disable javascript. Its not even an option anymore in firefox, you have to manually set the config file through your browser.

I'm so sick of this fucking "Metro" look most websites have going on, its like once they saw they could enable CSS they went fucking bannanas. I can barely focus on what I'm trying to read and 90% of its advertisement.

Why does EVERY webpage need a footer, center screen, two side columns and a header?
>>
>>56974689
Most websites exist to make a profit. Why should they care about people who disable javascript?
>>
>>56974689
correct me if im wrong but cant you use your own css for websites
>>
>>56974689
because the only way to make dynamic websites is with js, wtf is this shit thread
>>
>>56976733
>the only way to make dynamic websites is with js
I knew webdevs were retards, but wew
>>
>>56976733
>what is server side rendering
>>
most decent websites don't need js

wikipedia doesn't require it
search engines don't require it
every imageboard besides 4chan doesn't require it
actual news sites dont require it

chances are if you come across a site that literally will not render without js, it was some cookie-cutter trash heap of "content" that you don't need to bother with in the first place
>>
>>56976830
Unless it is an in browser application, but you'll know that when you see it. 99% of js on content focused web pages is just to track and assrape you.
>>
>>56976830
I make heavy use of Wikipedia and search Google's autocompletion features, and 4chan's quick reply and auto refreshing.
>>
>>56976845
this
I have javashit turned entirely off on my iphone. I don't even bother selectively blocking it

the sites I care about all work fine.
>>
>>56976850
yeah it's called graceful degradation and it was a cornerstone of development up until this decade

if somebody doesn't want to use those gay-ass features, they can block javascript and the basic search bar will still function. it's win-win for everybody

but some webdevs are so lazy and narcissistic that they would rather the sites they work on become entirely unoperable to users who don't load their bloated jerkoff code
>>
>>56976870
>but some webdevs are so lazy and narcissistic that they would rather the sites they work on become entirely unoperable to users who don't load their bloated jerkoff code
Why would web developers waste their time catering to a small minority of people who will not bring in any revenue?
>>
>>56976877
well you kind of answered your own question
the new jewified corporate web doesn't care about standards and usability. you're the product, not the site

I'm not saying what webdevs should and shouldn't do. I'm just explaining why they're a laughing stock to real programmers
>>
>>56976920
Web developers sure are laughing at that paycheck that comes every 2 weeks.
>>
>>56976789
maybe he means dynamic UI interaction?
>>
>>56976933
>haha I am a salaried employee like the vast majority of the adult population worldwide. in your face :^)
>>
because it's fucking 2016 jesus christ
>>
>>56976789
>server side rendering
ayy lmao welcome to the cloud
>>
>>56974689
Pressure from federal agent spooks to use Javacript because it's a good language for web development that tracks people with mass surveillance.
>>
File: OliverStone.png (771KB, 1264x721px) Image search: [Google]
OliverStone.png
771KB, 1264x721px
>>56977596
>>
>>56976933
Seriously who the fuck enjoy writing web pages ? at least if youre going to code monkey why do the worst possible job ?

I can guarantee you are both indian and underpaid.
>>
File: SurveillanceCapitalism-Harvard.png (212KB, 1263x712px) Image search: [Google]
SurveillanceCapitalism-Harvard.png
212KB, 1263x712px
>>56977596
>>56977706
>>
>>56976785
>>56976789
you'd still have to get the content somehow... (meta refresh is not ok)
>>
File: 1473623474135.png (380KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1473623474135.png
380KB, 640x360px
>>56976949
this response is somewhat valid because 4chan
>>
>>56974689
JS isn't bad as it's used very sparingly
everything else you said is disgusting though
>>
>>56978619
*as long as it's used very sparingly
>>
>>56974689
I took over my workplaces website (15+ years ago) and was given the host passwords and a 800 page 'intro to frontpage' manual. Was totally horrified at the code it produced.

Rewrote it, made it valid, added CSS instead of inline styles, made it work in IE6 as well as proper browsers and mobile - which were flip phone screens at the time. Still looked exactly the same as the original.

Demonstrated how vision impared people could use it, how it worked on the worst dial-up, no java script needed and how changing one CSS file could redesign the whole site in seconds.

Competitor puts up an entirely flash based site pushed out by some template trash host and boss is amazed by its awesomeness.

I knew the internet was doomed 15 years ago and started drinking about then.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.