[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Hackers so Uptight with their Exploits?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: paranoid.jpg (85KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
paranoid.jpg
85KB, 800x600px
I mean, yeah, I get it, the more people who know, the less valuable they are, but throw a guy a fricken' bone.

I mean, god damn, I have NEVER seen a buffer overflow exploit in practice, I have no idea how security certificates are supposed to work, and even though I hacked a WAP2 key, I don't know what its good for besides stealing cable from your neighbor.
>>
>>56974477
I saw a buffer overflow work precisely ONCE, on a website that was specifically designed to accommodate it.
>>
>>56974477
Hackers are also uber fucking paranoid. I'm so fed up with their secret squirrel shit, its like you can't even get an invite unless you burn an american flag.
>>
>>56974477
most people run outdated shit, turn off updates because it makes turning pc off and on time consuming.

go to milw0rm or whatever the equivelant is now. look for vnc exploit for an old version.

get a port scanner.

guaranteed you'll find at least 1 box to play around with.

twenty minutes later you'll prob be fapping and forget all about it.
>>
>>56974773
i don't want a vnc for unix, i want one for windows. I'm sick of trying to send people RAT's through email phishing, I want to bust in.
>>
>>56974477
Gee OP I wonder why people who do illegal things don't want to incriminate themselves so some retarded noob can be spoonfed? Do you want them to wipe your ass for you too?
>>
>>56975033
for a species to be successful it must be able to reproduce.

If your not willing to share your knowledge, you're just part of the god damn problem.
>>
You've never used metasploit on some unpatched windows vms? Try it.
>>
>>56975686
legimite knowledge sharing is plenty, check netsec general on the /g/ wiki
>>
>>56975871
or, you know, you could actually talk about it, here, on a forum, like a regular human being.
>>
>>56975871
sorry for the snark. thanks.

still though...
>>
>>56974477
>I have NEVER seen a buffer overflow exploit in practice
Thats how they got around DRM on pretty much every console.
>>
File: hackerman_6876.jpg (85KB, 350x481px) Image search: [Google]
hackerman_6876.jpg
85KB, 350x481px
>>56974477
Your window's has a virus. Can I please get your email address and password?
>>
>>56976141
kys
>>
>>56974477
>>56974704
wew
>>
Maybe if you had the slightest idea of how stupidly time consuming bug hunting for buffer overflows in modern software is you'd understand why those that actually take the time to do it keep their findings to themselves.
>>
>>56976729
maybe if you didnt fuck up in the first place there wouldnt be so many bugs in your scripts
>>
>>56976894

>taking so many leaps of faith to be able to come up with something witty to post

no wonder you have to beg for exploits like a retard
>>
>>56977041
faggot
>>
>>56977041
Lol, Im not op, and I dont need to beg for exploits ;)
>>
firmware, cellphones.
>>
Well, if you spent a shitload of time trying to find an exploit, you wouldn't want some other hacker faggot to take the credit for it if you publicize the exploit.

I'm assuming this is all a "credit" thing.
>>
>>56977143
And a trust thing.

If someone does research on their own and genuinely attempts to find their own exploits and brings their data to the table, they'll often get guidance and some exploits to play with to further their learning.

If they come empty handed and expect their hands to be filled by people that worked for what they have, like OP does, they don't get a fucking thing.
>>
>>56977137

iot, embedded linux systems.

none of those things have the hardware resources to properly secure the software using anti-exploit code. that and they are usually deployed for a decade with few patches.
>>
>>56976729

This. Writing a modern fuzzer or using customized code analysis tools takes weeks of research and days to weeks of waiting for results. Then you have weeks of debugging and days to weeks of trying to exploit stuff. Black box reversing is really hard.
>>
>>56976349
HELLO!

Welcome to http://www.worm.com!

Hacked By Chinese!
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.