[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

Sup /g/

I'm gonna be brief. I'm tired of this pc (pic related). It's 10 yo and it doesn't want to work anymore. Hell, even opening the folders to load this pic took me ages.
Thing is, my folks won't let me replace it because it still "works". So I need something to make it stop working, for good.
I don't want a "delete sys32" or "cut a wire" advice because it will become obvious it was me. I want some good advice or help.
>>
put logoff.exe in the startup, open some windows dlls in notepad and type penis all over them, grab a balloon and rub it on your hair then touch the motherboard.

Or try putting an ssd in it so it won't be infuriatingly slow
>>
Upload a bad bios image, or just take out the cmos battery and see if they notice.
>>
>>56972942
Stop trying to scam your computers you fat cunt, they work hard for there money. Go get a job and buy your own computer if you want one
>>
>>56973008
This.
>>
>>56973008
This.
>>
>>56973008
I already have the money to buy a new one and I don't need theirs, but my parents won't let me replace it. They don't get that I want to buy a new and better one.
>>
>>56973087
If it suddenly dies it'd be suspicious
>>
>>56972942
Open notepad, type:
"@echo off
:a
start (whatever file name you want)
goto a"
Save it as a .bat file.
Then let it run until it eats up your RAM and crashes it.
>>
>>56973087
Your parents won't let you buy a new one? Bullshit, if they wont let you then just buy it anyway, only a faggot would listen to something like that. Or just move out, you're 18 right?
>>
Get new parts, put it in the old case.
>>
>>56973221
The case is too small and I think it'd be cheaper to buy a full new one with new motherboard and all.
>>
>>56973087
>parents won't let me

You're a grown ass man.

Fucking embarrassing
>>
>>56973334
No it's not, motherboard standards haven't changed since the 90s. If anything, they're smaller now.
>>
File: resistors.jpg (10KB, 200x271px) Image search: [Google]
resistors.jpg
10KB, 200x271px
>>56972942
Pry one of the resistors off the motherboard. Preferably one close to the cpu or memory.
>>
>>56973130
I could go ahead and explains all the whys my parents won't let go old things, how my house is too small and how living with my parents is cheaper than renting an apartment in my country.

Or I could just simply ignore you because you aren't helping. Yep, I'm going to do that.
>>
>>56973334
If it's any motherboard size standard you should be able to easily switch to new components in the same case
It looks plenty big enough to where it probably has a regular atx PSU and probably a MicroATX mobo
It's not slim either

Buy new base components minus the case, shove it all in there and call it a sleep in /guts/
>>
>>56972992
yaaaaay
>>
Just remove the RAM when your parents aren't looking. It'll just beep furiously.

That way you can convince them to get a replacement and you don't ruin a perfectly good computer. Your hard drive is probably dying, an SSD will make it into a perfectly capable web browser.
>>
>>56973452
>Your hard drive is probably dying, an SSD will make it into a perfectly capable web browser.

It is a single core athlon 64. Javascript will bring that CPU to it's knees.
>>
Thank you, guys. Already took notes. Will try them asap but don't expect updates on that.
>>
File: 1365709243426.jpg (84KB, 600x611px) Image search: [Google]
1365709243426.jpg
84KB, 600x611px
>>56972942
>opening the folders to load this pic took me ages
That's entirely your fault you fag, probably your disk is fragmented as your rectum, have it on a bloated/malware filled XP or an old as fuck IDE drive.

And be grateful your parents even gave your fat ass a damn computer to use, hell you even think of breaking it because you're such a sissy cunt that don't even dare to do whatever you want with your money (assuming it's not some allowance money they give just so you don't bitch them every time you want a new dragon dildo), the only thing they should give you is a beat up for being such an ungrateful piece of shit.
>>
>>56973512
kek'd
>>
why don't you learn something about technology and fix it instead of being a little ungrateful shit
>>
>>56973512
This
>>56973482
You're a fucking scumbag
>>
>>56973601
A scumbag with new computer in the next week probably. So cry me a river.
>>
How old are you?
I have a great idea, but it might not work if you're too old.
>>
File: 1470499459238.gif (2MB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
1470499459238.gif
2MB, 500x390px
>>56972942
just overclock it, let them use...it will die on their hand, no guilty
>>
>>56973377
Your parents are testing you.
You must get ballsy and buy it anyways, to show the world yo don't give a fuck and can expend your own money
I'm already in tears it's like a coming of age ritual.
Godspeed OP.
>>
Don't you love in freemerica? You can garbage pick a newer machine with little effort. Then buy upgrades for it. Easy.

Or. You can get an Intel compute stick for <$100, and a HDMI->VGA adapter for <$10. It should still be faster than that machine. And you can earn the money with only 11 blowjobs!
>>
File: This Computer Will Work Forever.jpg (280KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
This Computer Will Work Forever.jpg
280KB, 2048x1536px
Just put newer parts in it you fag. Get new hard drives, more RAM 'n shit. If your parents object to that then the only other option is to sack the fuck up.
>>
>>56973377
He is trying to help, he's trying to help you become a better more self reliant person. You either grow the moxie to do things on your own judgement or move out to become your own person. Or you can stay the same way you are now, constantly trying to get your parents approval before you do anything. Even if you don't move out show some guts and just get the computer anyway. It's your money, you wanted, it's for you, you got it. That's all you have to tell them and that's all you gotta do.
>>
>>56973008
>There
Try harder next time when you have finished your final high school year studying proper grammar.
>>
>>56973103
batchmeme
>>
>>56973377
Get a netpad or something. Or a laptop, just say that the computer is too old to run anything reasonably when they ask why you never use it.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.