[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should the following things be made illegal? >Selling laptops

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: eafTLxYHXF-12.png (34KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
eafTLxYHXF-12.png
34KB, 300x250px
Should the following things be made illegal?

>Selling laptops with the batteries glued in
>Selling phones/tablets/laptops with screws which aren't + or - shaped
>Not selling official replacement batteries 3 years after the product is released
>>
>>56971601
>not liking torx screws
get a load of this fag
>>
>>56971601
>+ or - shaped
>the shittiest screw design ever, or the even shittier design that shouldn't even be used in rotational applications
>>
>>56971601
>>56971647
Phillips and flathead should be made illegal.
>>
>>56971690

Why?
>>
>>56971696
They're outdated and awful, simply a useless design that fucking retards like OP won't let go of even though they are vastly inferior of Torx and Robertson.

Not only should Flathead and Phillips should be made illegal, anybody who defends them should be put to death for holding back humanity,
>>
>>56971601
No, you fucking commie. Just don't buy it if you don't like it. If they're sold, it means there's a market for them.
>>
>>56971601
>banning torx screws
>superior design should be made illegal
>>
>>56971601
>>Selling laptops with the batteries glued in
>>Selling phones/tablets/laptops with screws which aren't + or - shaped
>>Not selling official replacement batteries 3 years after the product is released
Yes/no/no.

Intentionally making the product unrepairable shouldn't be allowed without at least offering something to help with that, say, the ability to receive a refund for the cost of an average repair if you provide a repair receipt the first time the battery is replaced(since you only need to break the glue once), or offer a free tool to SAFELY help remove the battery, for the first few years(maybe 7 or so?) After the product is released, or however long it would be reasonable to need your first battery replacement for.

Phillips and slotted are two of the worst designs in use, but I get what you're saying. If it's not a standard screwdriver(PH, PZ, slotted, Torx, pentalobe, etc), they should be required to sell a reasonable priced screwdriver and set of replacement screws for however long would be reasonable for a first battery replacement. Maybe like $25 shipped for the screwdriver/screws. That's fairly high, but it puts it up into something like Wera pricing.

I wouldn't require them to sell replacements, but at least to release all specs so generics can be made, and not have an agreement with the manufacturer to prevent them from selling the same model, OR require them to sell reasonably priced replacements for the same time period as above.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.