[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dnr/ - Daily Normiecuck Redpilling General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: serious anime girlie.jpg (56KB, 373x263px) Image search: [Google]
serious anime girlie.jpg
56KB, 373x263px
What is the best gateway drug of a Linux set-up for normiecucks who are more comfortable with Windows.

The goal is not to be as FOSS as possible. Accept that you probably have to make small compromises get fully red-pilled. We need these fuckers as comfy as possible.

>Why would I want to redpill some retarded normiecucks
Because this world is MADE for normiecucks, and if normiecucks accept being spied on and accept submissions of highly personal and sensitive information, then we look all the weirder for not doing the same thing.
>>
>>56966594
Debian + GNOME
>>
>>56966594
Cinnamon DE
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2efhrCxI4J0
>>
>>56966594
gnome kde or cinnamon

and cron / rsync their shit for them or set up automated snapshot w zfs / lvm

and set them up a windows partition or virtual image so they cant complain about photoshop
ff with https ev / ublock

solves like most normie problems in modern computing.
>>
File: llmenu.png (293KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
llmenu.png
293KB, 1600x900px
>>56966594
Whenever I see a normie asking this question I remember normies don't do google, at least they don't know how to. But I don't get mad, let me help you.

The first option is using almost exclusively a GUI environment, meaning, "GUI" means a graphical environment, not the dreaded command line.

Linux Lite is one gateway from winbabys to the GNU/Linux world. All is done in graphical mode, it has easy defaults and you are presented with help in what to do with graphical buttons to push (normies love pushing buttons). This distro is so easy that beats wangblows xp. So if you don't want to even see the command line this is one option, but notice there is a lot of spoonfeeding here.

Second you have Lubuntu/Mint. The position of the menu and the easy access to installing more applications is the gateway to the more broad GNU/Linux world. All without the need to touch the command line.

If you want to try GNU/Linux for a month and plan on reinstalling again, go for Linux Lite and then jump to another if you so wish. If you plan on using just one distro go for Lubuntu or Mint.

A few words of wisdom. At first you should discover everything works here through some application. So if you need some setup, or to troubleshoot, you only need to find which program does what you want.

For example, for the audio you might want to install pavucontrol. If you want to see your hardware information, lshw-gtk. If you want to see the programs running, gnome-system-monitor. Or if you want word, excel, powerpoint, etc. install the full libreoffice suite.
>>
Ubuntu
>>
>>56966665
Be sure to show them how to get wobbly windows, bitches love wobbly windows.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.