[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /g/ think about Unity 8?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: YakketyYakWallpaper.jpg (138KB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
YakketyYakWallpaper.jpg
138KB, 4096x2304px
What does /g/ think about Unity 8?
>>
Complete shit.
>>
It's not even finished yet.
>>
>>56965872

meme
>>
>>56965872
>Unity 8
Oh they still plan to release that?
>>
>>56965872
vaporware at this point
>>
How much longer until Ubuntu stops development? It's a money sink.
>>
It's beautiful!
>>
>Ubuntu
>>
>>56965872
Featureless.
>>
We took 5, FIVE! years to make unity 7 stable and somewhat usable,and you cant customize anything. They abandon that and start on unity 2.0, which is complete shit,its not even pre alpha after so many years of development,and its not supported by graphic card drivers. I honestly cant belive what they did... Even if it becomes great (it wont) its one of the dumbest things that ubuntu did... Unity 7 is abandon where used by less then 5% of users, unity 8 is unusable abomination... Dont even start me on wayland va MiR
>>
>>56965880
This 2bh. It isn't even half baked yet.
>>
Canonical needs to abandon Unity entirely if they want to remain relevant.
>>
>>56965872
Ugly as fuck. Ugly font rendering, ugly gui toolkit, ugly display server, everything blurs and nothing werks.
Tried it yesterday. It's hopeless.
>>
>>56968484
Unity 7 is fine though. unity 8 will be good once they put a good theme and menu setup on it.
What alternative would you recommend? Everything else is just as bad or much worse. I haven't tried Lumina yet though.
>>
File: oRhwi9l.gif (1MB, 292x323px) Image search: [Google]
oRhwi9l.gif
1MB, 292x323px
It sucks shit compared to Cinammon. If you have fucked with Linux at all and haven't concluded that a minimalist net install of Linux Mint is the least autistic yet most capable deployment of Linux for home use, you truly are the Supreme King of Nigger Faggots.
>>
File: Ubuntu-Hardy-Heron_1.jpg (146KB, 801x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ubuntu-Hardy-Heron_1.jpg
146KB, 801x600px
the only time they got something right, and ever will
>>
Another phone cancer enviroment for my desktop PC. Avoiding it like a disease.
>>
>>56965872
Worse than GNOME, which is also shit.
>>
>>56966144
If Ubuntu goes down, desktop Linux goes down with it. Other distros don't have the level of influential pull that Ubuntu does.
>>
>unity
literally only de that does high dpi scaling properly
>>
>>56969396
It's almost the same way KDE does it.
>>
>>56969055
GNOME is good though.
>>
GNOME 2 is and always will be the pinnacle of Linux desktop envirements. After ubunty acted da mickey and gave birth to the abomination that is unity its all been down hill.
>>
>>56969643
>we want the windows audience: the desktop environment

No thanks
>>
>>56969675
Say what you will man but it did the job just fine. If ain't broke don't fix it.
>>
Tried it and I only got a blank screen. Works great!
>>
>>56969468
it breaks half the logos/sliders/buttons on kde
>>
DEs are bloat
>>
>>56970422
I did say almost. Those broken logos/sliders/buttons are due to GTK not being scaled IIRC. KDE ignores GTK exists. Unity Ignores QT exists (with an exception).
>>
>>56968665
>minimalist
>not autistic
>>
It's one of the top two desktop environments. The other being GNOME.
>>
Very sexy imo.
Everything. Sexy.
>>
File: terminal-blog-desktop-detail2.jpg (908KB, 2671x2387px) Image search: [Google]
terminal-blog-desktop-detail2.jpg
908KB, 2671x2387px
>>56965872
Too modern for Linux fags but I think new baby developers will like it.
>>
i would never use some newfaggy trash like ubuntu or arch. real men go slackware and boot into a console first and only startx when absolutely necessary. and god help you if you suck dick to red hat or suse
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.