[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best cheap website hosting companies for serious projects and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 0

>OVH
>Vultr
>Digital Ocean
>Linode
Since once I deploy my server, it is very hard to move between companies, what is the best one?
>>
I use scale away.

3€ -
200/200 unlimited net
50g ssd
Quad core arm processor
(Proc info)
ARMv7 Processor rev 2 (v7l)
Features : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp thumbee vfpv3 tls idiva idivt vfpd32 lpae

2gb ram

No complaints here.
>>
>>56959499
I need a serious machine for a social website, at least 8-16 GB, good latency times because I have many AJAX requests in most pages
and I can't afford more than 100 dollars a month
>>
>>56959530
Then why are you looking at cheap hosting? You will need a proper VPS / bare metal machine
>>
>>56959545
yeah of course I am not looking for shitty VPS hosting, I am looking for a _reliable_ and cheaper alternative for AWS
>>
>>56959562
ironic that these companies prob host on aws
>>
Vultr is good but instances might get different CPUs. Used them for game servers a while back, they probably have the best hardware. I never had issues with reliability but my instances wouldn't last longer than a few days. These guys are less popular AFAIK but are run by Choopa.

Minimal experience with Digital Ocean and Linode but they should both serve your purpose well as well.

Honestly these three are all good. Not familiar with OVH cloud but OVH has been typically less reliable. They do have DDOS protection which I'm not sure the other ones do.
>>
>>56959584
no that's bullshit, hosting companies don't host on AWS. But Anyways, did anyone here had an experience with OVH? Their prices seem very low compared to the other options above. They're too good to be true. Is there something hidden?
>>
>>56959584
Shut the fuck up kid
>>
>>56959610
Many say that Linode is better than Digital Ocean and DigitalOcean is only good for simple & personal websites not for ambitious projects.
However Linode was targeted many times using DDOS in the last 2 years.
>>
>>56959614
OVH has less regions and aren't a true global provider. They just have datacentres in France and Quebec AFAIK.
>>
>>56959646
what's wrong with that? That's not CDN any way. You've one server.
>>
>>56959646
And I am more interested if their machines have good latencies, availability, REAL DDOS protection. I just need a DEDICATED bare machine and I'll do the rest.
>>
>>56959462
Who is this device manager?
>>
>>56959462
Who is this jizz Wiz?
>>
>>56959798
lol, it's Ivanka Trump
>>
>>56959682
Dedicated servers are not the right way to do things in 2016, you should be building your app such that you can spin up a shit ton of web server VMs wherever. Centralized DBs are tricky but if you are running nosql you should be able to throw it on block storage somewhere.

You can then scale up and down or add geo-redundancy as you need to. If you are running a small operation you can save a lot of money running the bare minimum and scaling it up (ie firing up more VMs) as your app needs more resources. This can be scripted.

Also when you virtualize in this way you are immune to single servers losing say, a stick of ram or a hard drive. Just need to destroy/create a VM which doesn't take very long and you're back in business.
>>
>>56959815
Oh and when you virtualize on most providers they will do backups and make sure your storage is redundant so you will never lose data. Obviously you should investigate this with providers.

On dedicated boxes you have to do it all yourself.
>>
>>56959499
>arm processor
the fuck
>>
>>56959462
>serious projects and deployment?

digital ocean is nice, never had any issues with them

stay away from cloudatcost, unless you are making meme websites. My vps goes down whenever it feels like it
>>
>>56959462
It shouldn't be hard if you make backups.
>>
>>56959815
I already use Redis as a no sql cache for Postgres. I am in mid way in my project now, so I will need to stick to my architecture until there is a need to change.
>>
>>56959836
Kekd at that aswell
>>
>>56959815
this

>>56959682
if you really want a dedicated server that is cheap then you can start with ovh kimsufi line. its like $20 for a 100/100 with either atom or core 2 and like 1 or 2 tb
>>
>>56959837
digital ocean has shitty latencies compared to the others. It is also known to have a worse availability. It wouldn't be wise since I use many AJAX requests in most pages.
>>
>>56959462
I feel like it is unusually difficulty to find slutty pics of Ivanka Trump
>>
>>56959614
i have a few dedicated servers with OVH and their other brand so you start.

havnt been dissapointed

think ive had 6 minute of downtime in the last 2 years
>>
>>56959614
OVh user here.
No downtime whatsoever. They are kinda stingy when it comes to IP addresses (as in giving 1 ipv6 instead of a block).
Other than that, they're cool
>>
>>56959462
my site runs on OVH VPS and has been working fine, over 1 year of uptime atm

there has been some network issues sometimes though
>>
>>56959462
OVH, RamNode
>>
I would have given an extensive, thorough answer, but...
>3DPD
No.
>>
OVH is god tier, you can get an unmetered VPS for ~$3.50/mo and the anti-DDoS has survived a 1Tbps DDoS
>>
>>56959614
I just leased a VPN a week ago. So far so good, it's fast and always up.
>>
>>56959836
If you pay like 2$ more a month you can get x86_64
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.