[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, so even after a complete wipe and fresh Windows 10 install,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

Alright, so even after a complete wipe and fresh Windows 10 install, somehow the boot code partiton keeps getting deleted/corrupted on my SSD.

About every other day, when I restart or turn on the PC in the morning I'm greeted with "No bootable device found..." message.

Before the easy questions are asked: yes I've been through 100 forums, the boot order is correct (I even removed all other boot devices), BIOS are up to date, and when I put a Windows 10 startup disk (on USB) and run the startup repair it fixes it no problem, until it happens again just a day later.

SSD is an ADATA SP600 120GB. Life is still 99%, so I just can't figure it out anymore what could be the problem..
>>
windows 10 is the problem
>>
File: Capture.png (37KB, 648x475px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
37KB, 648x475px
>>56958011
lol

But seriously, I've been running it since offical release with no issues until this problem started about a week and a half ago.
>>
>>56958053

Try it for a while without your HDDs and see what happens.
Try moving the MBR to one of the HDDs instead of the SSD
Try changing from UEFI/GPT to Legacy or vice versa.
>>
>>56958087
Yeah sometimes windows likes to copy the boot files onto your HDD instead of your installation location, which in this case is your SSD. Go into BIOS and change your boot disk to your HDD. It should work now.
>>
Was going to buy this SSD, but this thread changed my mind
>>
>>56958119
Really though it's most likely shitdows 10 is to blame
>>
Update ssd firmware, update BIOS. Try sata2 port.
>>
>>56958104
>>56958087
Will try changing the BIOS setting, and changing the boot order like you two said, but question, I guess I can see why windows would just randomly change that shit, but if it does, wouldn't the PC still boot even if the MBR was on a different drive? The way you say it, I should just be able to put the HDD at the top and it would boot, but if that's the case why wouldn't it just boot anyway, because it's not detecting a bootable partition on the SSD, skips it and goes to the HDD next. Yet the error is still "No bootable devices found, please insert bootable device and press any key to try again"

>>56958119
I've built 4 computers for others using ADATA models with just different sizes but otherwise the same, and none of them have an issue.

Plus I've had this one specifically for like 2/3 years and MANY hours on it (my PC is on most waking hours) and its still full life.
>>
>>56958237
Again, everything is up to date, not my first rodeo. Guess I didn't think of the SATA port thing because I'm having 0 issues otherwise with anything getting corrupted/acting sluggish and I have WoW on the SSD and am playing it for hours at a time, 0 issues. Just makes me think its not the SSD itself causing the issue, but I could still be wrong.
>>
>>56958005
Switch to uefi
>>
>>56958005
try a different sata cable and port and different power cable
>>
SSD is misaligned

Check OCN for a guide
>>
File: Capture2.png (39KB, 900x728px) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.png
39KB, 900x728px
>>56958311
Already checked, it is properly aligned.

>>56958304
Will try different cables, won't be able to till unless it doesn't happen for a few days. Suppose I just didn't think about it, this mobo I have is pretty cheap wouldn't surprise me if the SATA port is shot, but I still don't understand how it works fine except just the bootable thing.
>>
File: 3cover2.jpg (74KB, 851x315px) Image search: [Google]
3cover2.jpg
74KB, 851x315px
>>56958005
>Adata
Whoops.
I bought 10 of their USB keys for work. We had a system you'd install onto USB keys, send the USB keys to places, boot computers with them and use them as probes to test the network. I flashed all the keys and between 1 and 4 boots later all the keys had lost so much data they could no longer boot. 100% failure rate before I'd even finished testing and moved on to deployment.
Adata, I assume the A prefix means the same as it does on words like Asymmetry, Amoral, or Achromatic.
>>
>>56958365
Sounds like you got a bad batch.

Not saying they're a great company, I had never even heard of them until I bought the SSD, but like I had said I have this one, and 4 friends of mine who's computers I built have the same models just different sizes, and none of us have ever lost data, had corruptions or anything of the sort except for this one thing, which still seems like it's a problem caused by Windows or maybe the Mobo/BIOS.
>>
File: Capture3.png (9KB, 830x325px) Image search: [Google]
Capture3.png
9KB, 830x325px
Now THIS is interesting.

There is another partition labeled G: that has apparently a lot of shit on it, but when I click on it there are no files (hidden files set to shown).

And when I got into the SSD monitoring app it shows it as being a partition of the SSD...

I don't even know what to think here. As a test I copied a few large movie files to it, they went there and i could still open them... was this a hidden part of the drive and they just made them all over 500GB and locked off different sized partitions and sold them at different price points? I've heard of companies doing stuff like this with things like adapters/splitters and shit but never disk drives...
>>
Open disk management and show us what the drive has going on?
>>
File: Capture4.png (309KB, 1057x470px) Image search: [Google]
Capture4.png
309KB, 1057x470px
>>56958591
Now it gets weirder. I didn't notice before, but it also says in the SSD toolbox shit that the partition is only 0.4GB in total and only 0.1GB is available.

Could this be the MBR partition, and windows is for some reason reading it as a drive? Something is definitely not right here...

Anyone got a different application suggestion to get details on these drives and partitions? I don't really trust this garbage SSD ToolBox junk.
>>
File: Capture5.png (45KB, 1842x988px) Image search: [Google]
Capture5.png
45KB, 1842x988px
>>56958628
Windows Disk Manager says the same thing, there is a 450MB Partition (where that came from who knows, again maybe that's the MBR? But why is it a primary partition and why is it being read by Windows)

Not really sure why my E disk is in two separate dynamic partitions, I'm guessing I had them separated long ago and merged them with some moving files around, can't remember it's been years since I bought that one, but that's really irrelevant.
>>
Check it on linux to see what is it, probably NTFS folder of that partition.

>>>/g/sqt
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.