[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The botnet wants me /g/ what should I do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: whatdo.png (4KB, 446x206px) Image search: [Google]
whatdo.png
4KB, 446x206px
Ex-/k/ommando here with a fresh GI bill. I've been a linuxfag since early on in life. Did a little hobby programming before I went to fight for ZOG. I'm going to school for CS now and they offer two tracks. One of them subsidized by MS where we work heavily with C# and .NET while the other is a traditional Java-centric curriculum.

I don't want to join the botnet but at the same time I would like every advantage I can get in terms of being tracked to a job after school. What's the general consensus on MS, C#, and .NET /g/entoomen? Do the forces of evil pay well or should I stick to my guns?
>>
the botnet is just a meme anon ypu know this right? don't think like a faggot
>>
>>56957789
>taking the banter seriously
>>
>>56957810
exactly anon, work is work. don't fall for the meme
>>
>>56957703
There are approximately 10-20 Java developer positions over for every C# .NET position, or at least that was the case last time i read up on job figures. Do the math. Java is safer.
>>
>>56957789
>he fell for the botnet is a meme meme
>>
>>56957703
Suck MS cock if it gets you free shit buddy. There's no room in this economy for shame or self-respect.
>>
>>56957703
There's no reason not to diversify. Having skills/experience in multiple areas is an asset. It helps you choose the right tools for the job and gives you perspective on issues you wouldn't have otherwise.

Also, the botnet is a meme. There is nothing nefarious about the various .NET development stacks.

Go, be a professional. Don't be a 4chan memefag stuck in their fedora-wearing childhood.
>>
>>56958000
>Trips of Truth
Listen to this advice OP. Software is a tool. Microsoft makes good tools. I work in embedded so we do use a lot of Unix-like systems and write a good deal in C, but what I do is comparatively rare. There are maybe a few hundred of us in the country. Conversely there are thousands of C# and Java developers out there and those two languages have huge overlap meaning if you master one the other one will come easily.

Don't be tricked into memes, C is worth knowing, but it isn't critical to start there, nor should you pass up opportunities based on which company of software suite you might end up using.

Beggars can't be choosers. Students should take every advantage a corporation will give them. I say go for it. Even if MS folded over-night you would still have a firm grasp on OOP that would make you a worthwhile employee.

Best of luck to all my fellow boots.
>>
>>56957703
>not wanting free shit
Are you gay POG?
>>
>>56957703
>cancer or aids
Just get another college
Anyways, if you aren't retarded you should be able to learn languages by yourself, so the MS subsidized is the best choice, but if you're retarded there's more job opportunities for Java codemonkeys
>>
>>56957703
I find C# an underrated language. It does Java work with less pain at the cost of fewer libraries. Anyway, you'll learn half a dozen languages with some proficiency before you get the diploma so just take what you feel good about. First priority is being active and invested in what you are doing. If windows somehow bothers you just stick to what you like, but I don't see why it would.
>>
>>56958000
checked and /threaded
>>
I find the lack of memes in this thread disturbing. What the hell happened to the old /g/ where we'd all be sending OP links to K&R, calling him a faggot for not installing gentoo and dropping out of school?

>tfw this is a healthy change of pace but I worry the community is now dying from old age and having steady work
Is neo/g/ just grown-up /g/ with jobs?
>>
>>56958652
>Is neo/g/ just grown-up /g/ with jobs?
/g/ was never hardcore freetard. That's a meme. Everyone harps on C because understanding pointers and memory allocation is an actual skill worth having. They get anal at times over it but the world we live in is full of no-talent clowns who never learned anything but JS and Java so it is good to be cautious.
>>
For what it's worth, I work in a coworking place where a lot of remotes and independents work. Most of us are programmers. There is surisingly a lot of MS stuff happening. One guy builds apps for the Chicago trading market, he has three guys there working for him. Their stuff is all c#. The guy that sits next to me is a game dev, everything is in unity which uses c#. Another guy makes some kind of crappy financial stuff in .net.
>>
>>56958754
Alright, someone clarify for me. Is this a meme? I have read piles of articles from programming websites about how much MS is doing these days with C# .NET, but I have yet to meet many devs so employed.

My home office is in Austin but I make a lot of week-long trips to our sister offices in Seattle and New York. I'd like to think i'm somewhat clued into the programming scene in three cities. It all looks like vapor to me. Are they not just gaslighting the market trying to build hype for their products?

I say this out of pure curiosity. I don't have any gripes with MS. I just don't see the picture they've been painting for the better part of four of five years.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.