[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Raspberry Pi 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Raspberry-Pi-3.jpg (96KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Raspberry-Pi-3.jpg
96KB, 800x533px
What projects do you recommend for absolute beginners?
>>
installing gentoo
>>
make a bot to post incessant threads on /g/ asking what to do with a rpi
>>
Write a basic "about me" website using naked html and CSS. Use Apache to host.
>>
experiment with breadboards and gpio with python. learn to program. then
>>56957480
>>
Retropie
>>
>>56957497
shoo fly dont bother me
>>
>>56957505
I'll look these up, thanks!
>>
>>56957532
fuck you idiot, you could easily have looked at the archive for threads full of relevant answers, but nah that's too much fucking work for little old you.
>>
>>56957552
I always see someone complaining about raapberry pi threads I am suspecting it's a single person in this case (you)

What kind of autism do you have?
>>
>>56957472
Gamedev
>>
>>56958666
Checked
>>
>>56957472
Why not an ODROID?

Also, unironically >>56957480
plus seedbox, mail server, personal web page MUD server, BBS, etc.
>>
>>56957472
Superintelligent artificial intelligence with uncontrollable anti-human berserker evolutionary survival instinct.
>>
>>56957819
pi threads are cancer because people buy them and before they know what they do with them and then the pis end up collecting dust
>>
>>56957472
Make a 3.5" floppy drive "speaker"
>>
>>56959014
You're a fag

I bought one not knowing what I was gonna do with it and ended up writing a home media server just to give it something to do.

They're also fun to fuck around on learning how to use gnu+linux
>>
>>56958901
>>56959064
How is installing software a "project"?
>>
>>56959105
I wrote it myself

You should kill yourself and stop posting in rpi threads
>>
>>56957501
>Use Apache to host
>Not Hiawatha
>Not caring about security
>>
>>56957472
>What projects do you recommend for absolute beginners?

Anything. What's great is that it's a computer meant to be dicked with. You fuck it up and reload from scratch. Wash, rinse, repeat.

In my opinion, just using it as a media server is kind of lame. That's what things like FireTV sticks are for.

Some things I want to try
Test the new NOOBS v. 2.0.0 + PIXEL + Whatever
Amibian (Amiga emulator distro)
Retro pie (just to see what it's like)
AcornOS

I marvel at how they packed so much power in a little computer. I would have killed for a system as powerful as the Pi3 back in 1993. It would have pwnd any computer on the planet. Even it's slow ass SD card is faster than most SCSI drives of that era.
>>
Email server.
https://www.linode.com/docs/email/postfix/email-with-postfix-dovecot-and-mysql
https://www.skelleton.net/2015/03/21/how-to-eliminate-spam-and-protect-your-name-with-dmarc/#dkim_validation
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.