[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /Multi rotor/ here? I feel like they should be discussed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20161006_211726.jpg (2MB, 3286x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161006_211726.jpg
2MB, 3286x2432px
Who /Multi rotor/ here? I feel like they should be discussed more.

I bought a Chinese kit from gear best, running:
-SPracing F3
-Little bee 30A esc (replaced the shit ones from the kit)
-Emax 2300KV motors
-XSR recevier
-Taranis X9D Radio

I've been running a Dinogy 3S lipo, but most people say they're shit. I've ordered some Tattu lipos.

All I need to do now is get a camera, headset and VTX. No idea what's good though.
>>
Don't bother, /g/ only cares about consumer technology. Hobby electronics is too much for them.
>>
>>56957314
I prefer my naze desu
>>
>>56957314
how much does that stuff cost?
i like it but rather spend my money on different things.
>>
http://hackaday.com/2016/10/06/maybe-your-next-robot-should-be-a-cyclocrane/
>>
>>56957314
Its shit if it doesnt have auto hover and other stabilising capabilities.
>>
>>56957938
For everything you need to get started, it was roughly $1000 AUD
>>56958032
You don't need Auto hover though. The point is to learn to control it properly. Almost all of them will have some form of stabilisation though.
My quad is built for racing too, so I need fine control over it.
>>
>>56958118
Yeah, if you spend 1000$ it will have some stabilisation, pretty much anything below 400$ will not and thats what sells most.
A cheap drone without stabilisation is literally a waste of money.
>>
>>56958157
Are you talking about premade kits though?
I bought all my parts individually, which is a great cost saving measure. The flight controller runs cleanflight (I'm using betaflight) which is an amazing open source flight controller software.
Cleanflight cab do almost anything you'd want to do with a small quad.
>>
>>56957314
why is your heavy battery so high up?
don't you want an as low as possible center of gravity for more stability?
>>
>>56957314
I demand a video of it in flight, OP
>>
>>56958481
It won't fit anywhere else. I'd like to buy a slimmer, longer battery but they're not easy to find.
I would mount it inside the frame, but it wouldn't be easy to change. Also, there will be a camera and video transmitter in there soon.
>>56958485
I don't have any videos yet, but I'll take one tonight.
>>
>>56958623
>I would mount it inside the frame
mount it inside your frame, put the mainboard on top of the frame, camera in front of battery and transmitter on frame above camera
COG is such an important performance factor you don't wanna compromise it just for ease of assembly
>>
Fuck I wish I had the money to spare... I would buy a drone. They are so cool!
>>
>>56958718
you can get a chink cheapo one
i wouldn't call it a "drone" but they are still quite fun
http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_260582.html
>>
>>56958714
Not OP, but most of them are designed like that. Mostly for quick swapping of batteries. Have a look at racing quads on YouTube.
Do you fly?
>>
>>56958762
They probably suck a lot mate
>>
>>56958940
>most of them are designed like that
>Have a look at racing quads on YouTube
the difference is that OP has his rotors mounted really low + a tall frame, ideally you want your cog in one plane with your rotors
because the further away it is the more power your active stabilization system will spend to correct the higher forces caused by the longer levers
If you look at "professional" racers, most will abide by this rule
I was wrong though with saying as low as possible that would only count for systems without active stabilization, with stabilzation you want it in one plane with the rotors

>Do you fly?
no but I'm an mechanical engineer by trade
>>
>>56958985
>They probably suck a lot mate
they suck a lot less than what you would expect given their price though
head over to >>>/g/csg/ those guys have lots of experience with the cheapo quads
>>
>>56959348
Yea I get you. I am on there anyways so I will ask around and shit, thanks!

Do you use a raspberry pi for yours?
>>
>>56959414
>Do you use a raspberry pi for yours?
I'm not OP but that would be a bad idea because the rpi doesn't support a real time os
an arduino would be a better choice if you'd want to build your own and not just buy dedicated hardware
>>
>>56959506
This. If you want a cheap, reliable FC get a SP racing F3. Runs FOSS too. Only about $70.
>>
>>56959506
>>56959520
Thanks! Good to know.
>>
File: IMG_7929.jpg (383KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7929.jpg
383KB, 1500x1000px
ive got a couple

built a tiny whoop not pictured and the thing is fucking garbage, flies all fucking weird and stock motors cant recover from even the smallest of falls. guess i need to put the faster motors in it but the thing itself flies like fucking shit doing all sorts of weird movements i dont know what is wrong
>>
>>56957314
For anyone wondering, this is the kit I bought.
http://m.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_362847.html

The ESCs are shit and I don't trust them, so what I'd do is find these parts on a local store and buy them.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.