[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coded Chrome in browser MP4/WEBM viewer. CC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_nuap35J2Zs1s6735go1_500.jpg (99KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuap35J2Zs1s6735go1_500.jpg
99KB, 500x500px
Drafted some shit to make viewing webms and mp4s in chrome/browser easier. Just create a bookmarklet and put this in the url. This works for file structures and 4chan threads. New to coding, tell me what you think and what I can improve

http://pastebin.com/GszNm3JM
>>
>>56956518
I can already watch webms in chrome without any "fixes."
Why would you aim to expand a browser that
1. Already has some of said features
2. Should not have such support to begin with

I hate the broswer for doing everything sort of thing.
When I click a webm I've saved on my computer, I don't want to wait for the browser, all its extensions plugins and addons, and whatever media file to be copied and loaded into the browser.

If anything, it would be nice if other programs could handle webm better.
Not sure about mpv, but mpchc has a lot of trouble with the vp8 video for some reason.
Maybe that's an issue with my mpc build though.

The point is though, don't try to reinvent the wheel, and please don't encourage browser bloat and the death of the desktop as the main screen of the computer.
>>
>>56956674
Webm was a format made for internet browsers you fucking retard
>>
>>56956674
mpv plays vp8 and vp9 perfectly
>>
File: cap.png (111KB, 237x255px) Image search: [Google]
cap.png
111KB, 237x255px
>>56956674
I didn't ask for your opinion on my purpose, I asked your opinion on my method. Kindly fuck off
>>
>>56956518
Consider making sure this works on alternative browsers like Midori or Otter. Since they lack third-party extensions, they could really use some love with bookmarklets.
>>
>>56956518
desu I don't get the point of this, I can just hover over webms or click them and they play. This is a neat tool if all I want to do is skip through posts and watch webms only without scrolling, but that's it. For any that are saved on my computer, I just use MPC.
>>
>>56958147
There was no point, really... Just did it for practice and shits or giggles- just wanted some opinions on how to improve it since I'm still learning.
>>
>>56958176
I mean if that's all you were doing it seems fine to me. Good job OP
>>
>>56957639
Just downloaded and tested on Midori, seems to work there but its a little slower than Chrome. haven't tried Otter
>>
>>56957639
Tried to get Otter to work but I don't think it has the right context, personally I'm not sure how to execute in that environment. So Midori yes Otter no. Any other browsers you want tested besides?
>>
>>56958939
No, but thanks for that. Bookmarklets even those that are years old tend to work fairly well across modern browsers, and I wouldn't want to trouble you with obscure, hipster browsers. If you're curious, I have SeaMonkey, Otter, QtWeb, Dooble, and LeechCraft installed.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.