[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Email Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

Hey, /g/!

What is the best Email provider to use?

Which one do you use and why did you choose it?
>>
>>56947471
gmx.com

small enough to not be noticed by nsa

based in Germany

unlimited alias email. I have a single account that has alias mail linked to work home and synonymous signups like fb twitter
>>
Tutanota
>>
I use Zoho Mail with my domain
>>
Gmail for that sweet Google Now integration
>>
teknik.io
>>
>>56947636
>small enough
But gmx is owned by 1&1 Internet, who make $3 billion a year. mail.com is too.

I need something to replace Gmail with. I was looking at gmx, zoho, or cock.li's airmail.cc doman, since I need it to be professional.
ProtonMail's Swiss and has got sweet encryption, though.
>>
>>56947471
>best Email

"Best" is relative. List your needs and some of the shit you don't care about.

You're probably interested in https://protonmail.com/
>>
>>56947752
This so much. Zoho is better than outlook.com so I really like it.

Gmail is still better, but not as great as having your own domain.
>>
>>56947636
>anything german
If you so like germany maybe you shuld go here and be raped by ISIS soldiers?
>>
>>56948248
bit worried about my spam rating with zoho. its spam filter is atrocious also.
>>
>>56948651
Spam rating? Why would that be affected as long as you keep your DNS records sorted?
>>
>>56947636
GMX is big.
And the NSA spies on Germans all the time, with the help of our own agencies.
>>
>>56948668
most spamlists blacklist based on IP. so if you share an IP with others who use zoho to spam (and that is common, since they are free), you will get blacklisted. its unpredictable, I even had this problem with mailgun.
>>
>>5694868
I don't get it. You don't have a choice about what email your IP neighbours use. And wouldn't you get the same problem with Gmail or Yahoo too?

I get to keep my uni email forever, yay, but it's with Outlook, boo. I'll have to use a different client.
>>
>>56948841
if you use custom domains that is an issue.
>>
>>56948118
I shelled out $48 per year to upgrade my protonmail which gives me 5GB of space instead of 500MB. It also allows me to use a custom domain as my email with SPF, DKIM enabled. Definitely beats hosting and securing my own email.
>>
>>56948886
I see. So it could blacklist your not-zoho domain too?

>>56948892
I don't really need an encrypted email just to give to recruits and the like, though. You can't really encrypt IMAP, so I couldn't use other clients, yeah? That's a problem.
>>
>>56947471
Protonmail.
>>
>>56948984
Well you can use the airmail.cc too then I guess.
I just can't rely on vince's service for work related emails anymore since it went offline twice now when I really needed it.
Also a couple of times emails I've sent from my airmail.cc address have bounced leading me to think he configured something wrongly.
>>
How can I get an invite for airmail.cc ?
>>
>>56949228
You don't
you just go to https://cock.li/auth/register
and select airmail.cc from the dropdown
the thing you see about an invite on airmail.cc domain is just because whoever owns that domain allowed vince (or asked him) to add airmail.cc to the list of the domains. It's the most professional sounding one out of all of them.
>>
>>56949591
Thanks!
>>
>>56947636
>based in Germany
lol
>>
>>56949591
can i use airmail.cc with pop3 or imap? my email app says that the server is not responding.
>>
>>56949826
I only use webmail but it appears yes
https://cock.li/server
Says something about client needing encryption
Can always bother vince directly via twitter, irc, or mumble.
He's a lonely loser so guaranteed to be online
>>
File: Screenshot_20161006-162758.png (107KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161006-162758.png
107KB, 1440x2560px
>>56949870
thank you, it worked.
>>
>>56949989
What client is that?
>>
>>56947471
Google Apps for Work on own domain, or whatever it was called now, G Suite or something
>>
>>56949996
samsung galaxy s7 edge stock email app.
>>
>>56948248
use g suite for gmail on own domain
>>
>>56950000
>G Suite

It sucks. They don't even have the decency to remove the white space where they show adds on the free web client. That and they keep changing the interface by hiding buttons, so I have to keep teaching people how to use the damn thing. Putting together a proposal to switch the company over to Office 365 because I'm tired of Google's bullshit.
>>
My ISP, gmail, and myself.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.