[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the differance?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: wat.png (605KB, 593x715px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
605KB, 593x715px
The post-it is further away from the prompt.
>>
everyone can type a password
not everyone can transfer a fingerprint
>>
>>56947180
Not everyone can read
>>
>>56947180
just move the computer under the owners hand while hes asleep
or if its really important, cut off a thumb.
>>
>>56947180
all it takes is a piece of tape
works on 6s and galaxy
>>
>>56947167
You have to type in the pin once per day you retard.
>>
File: d.jpg (58KB, 258x258px)
d.jpg
58KB, 258x258px
I can change a password easily, a fingerprint not so much.

I get weird looks when unlocking my phone by typing the PIN instead of using the fingerprint reader on the back but whatever.
>>
>>56947228
sauce
>>
>>56947228
You can change how the fingerprint is processed though.
The problem with the password is that it is a pain for the user as all interaction with the phone takes more than double the amount of time it would if there was no password.

Some people do the line thing, which is about as bad as not having a password as it is very easy to spot from other people.

Some people use the google machine learning, where you only type the password when it doesn't detect movement. (leaving it on a table and stuf)
This is still bad as the phone does not always require the password.

Using a pin code is an option, but a lot of people use the terrible defaults, where the "button" lights up, so it is very easy for another person to spot the code.

Using the fingerprint is more discreet, faster, and is harder for other people to abuse.
I am not saying it is impossible to abuse, but it is easier for them to spot the pin and use the pin on my phone than it is to fake my fingerprint.

Say you don't want to share your phone with your girlfriend.
Not telling her the pin could be a problem and she might distrust you for not telling her the pin.
Not scanning her finger so she can access the phone is a lot easier to overlook as you not being trusted.
>>
>>56947535
I use an 8-digit pin on my phone. I WOULD use fingerprint unlocking, but I am too paranoid about it while I'm out. If only I could only make my phone allow fingerprint unlocking in trusted places, or let's say if I'm connected to my home WiFi.
>there's also facial recognition
I don't know what kind of normalfag you must be to use this. Also, more insecure than fingerprint.
>>
>>56947535
I get it that it's a matter of convenience but nah, it just feels wrong for me to have my fingerprint stored in my device.

Also typing a pin gets faster the more you type it because of muscle memory.
>>
>>56947196
wouldn't that be extremely painful
>>
Well the US already has my fingerprint thanks to that time I visited Hawaii.
Can I get Google to preload it on my pixel?
>>
>>56947626
for you.
>>
>>56947664
Aw shit guys I fucked up. I'm sorry. I don't know what I'm doing.
>>
Different levels of security my senpai. Fingerprint exists so no one can read your emails\ login to your shit while you go take a piss or give you time to reset passwords if your shit gets stolen.
>>
>>56947728
Fingerprints exist so that you can help your government build a database of fingerprints.
>>
Security vs convenience tradeoff.
Ideally you'd unlock your phone by providing blood ,piss,shit,cum samples. Sequenced dna,Mri scan , questionnaire,signed approval of 10 people ,signature password and 5 witnesses.
>>
>>56947755
Dont send them to the government. Personally they have mine but with how organised they are they wont find your prints even if they have them.
>>
>>56947797
Your phone will send them to government for you, along with your full identity.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>56947779
Saved
>>
>>56947228
>I get weird looks
Queer looks
>>
>>56947675
You are a big guy
>>
>>56947929
4 gnu
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.