[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you talk to your phone's AI?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: zooey-deschanel-siri.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
zooey-deschanel-siri.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
I don't think I'm ever going to get used to talking to computers. It's just fucking weird. It's weird alone at home and it's 10X weirder when you're out in public. I don't don't like it (I know, go ahead and post the Simpson's "old man yells at cloud" on me).

What about you, /g/?
>>
File: 21050.jpg (51KB, 604x550px) Image search: [Google]
21050.jpg
51KB, 604x550px
gets worse when you consider the data mining aspect of this
>>
>>56946833
true dat.

and let's not forget about voice identification and fingerprinting.
>>
>>56946779
I don't either.

Mostly because talking to your computer/phone looks retarded as fuck and isn't 100% accurate.

Also yeah this is a concern too >>56946833
>>
>>56946779
Yes I practice talking to work on my accent
>>
>>56946779

Actually you do talk to your phone's AI all the time because it's always listening. Try to recap all the stuff you said when there was at least one modern smartphone in the same room. Feeling embarrassed already?
>>
>>56946866
>talking to your computer/phone looks retarded
Not only that but you also look like a fucking douchebag.
>>
No, but the fucking thing loves to turn on voice input and announce that it doesn't understand what I'm asking when I try to connect it to my car speakers
>>
>>56946779
I don't use it because 90% of the time it just brings search results.
>>
>>56946779
No.

>>56946905
I dont talk at home
>>
>>56946779
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGxKhUuZ0Rc
>>
>>56946779
Nope. Even disabled all the AI shit on my phone.
Talking to devices is pretty stupid.
>>
>>56948712
this
>>
File: 1422063131605.jpg (20KB, 500x403px) Image search: [Google]
1422063131605.jpg
20KB, 500x403px
>>56946779
I'd fine talking to computers if I could just call them COMPUTER like in Star Trek. Or maybe a name that I give them myself. Saying Siri or Cortana is embarrassing as hell.

It doesn't help that I know that I'm not really talking to -my- computer but instead have my voice recorded and analyzed by Microsft/Google/Apple's data mining servers and that just makes it disgusting to do.
>>
>>56950980
kids constantly talk to them tho. so culture will change.
>>
>>56951003
Kids also talk to imaginary friends and have a lot of fantasy in general. It will be interesting to see if they stay comfortable as adults.
>>
>>56946779
>I don't think I'm ever going to get used to talking to computers

this is going to be a generational thing.
>>56951003 was right, kids trust Siri and Alexa too much.
>>
>>56950980
I have a moto x pure and it'll let you actually do that

It'll actually wake up from sleep then pass what you're saying to Big G, which is botnet as fuck but useful when I'm cooking and need a measurement conversion or something
>>
>>56946779
I do it in the car, I need hands free
>>
>>56946938
>talking to your computer/phone looks retarded
>Not only that but you also look like a fucking douchebag.
And you look like an asshole as well
>>
File: defending-freedom-comic.jpg (184KB, 952x260px) Image search: [Google]
defending-freedom-comic.jpg
184KB, 952x260px
>>56951038
>imaginary friends

I've never understood this thing about western kids. Are they often so isolated that they have to schizophrenically conjure up these "friends"?
>>
I don't talk to it, mostly because everything I would want it to do, I can do it more efficiently by myself.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.