[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can it be topped in terms of being true-to-life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: Mr.-Robot.png (254KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
Mr.-Robot.png
254KB, 780x439px
Can it be topped in terms of being true-to-life?
>>
Not really.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (45KB, 452x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
45KB, 452x200px
>>
It's basically just a science fiction show that just happens to be set in modern times. Not to be confused with science fantasy, which is about 99% of what uses the term "science fiction" these days.
>>
>literally /tulpa/ the show
>true-to-life
>>
>>56939558
that hairdo looks so cool
>>
Laughed when the nig saved Elliot from being raped by a caricature neonazi gang
He even rams his knife in some guys butthole ffs
>>
>>56939558
Domo arigato Mr. Roboto
>>
Is the pen testing / csci job market going to be affected at all by this show?

I've already seen tons of skids getting kali even though they don't even know how to use it

I'm genuinely looking to jump into the field and go to uni for a 4 year degree, but I'm wondering if this show is going to cause over saturation in the sector
>>
>>56942117
It'll probably be forgotten in three months. Increasingly few people actually watch the electric jew in 2016, most shows are aimed at women.
>>
>>56939558
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halt_and_Catch_Fire_(TV_series)
>>
>>56942117
Most of them won't even finish it when they realize how it actually works. These kids gave the attention span of a spoon, and won't last in the field. Go do what you love.
>>
this is how pentesting works in my country. we cut your fucking hand off. then we disable biometrics or ink. it is a simple deterent to cunt mother fuckers cloning ms dll's
>>
>>56942128
>>56942147

Appreciate the input, based anons.
>>
>>56942117
pen testing is more about process control and documentation writing and meeting taking

what these shows are is like what csi is to actual crime scene investigators (although thats maybe more computer forensics not pentesting)

either way if you're good at it and like it it's easy to be successful

if you're gonna do it for the money and not care about the product being delivered do the world a favor and just be a web dev
>>
>>56942255

I've done a lot of research. And it seems you really have to be a jack of all trades. A good place to look is at all the past high-level CTF events. If you can be a boss at those, then you stand a good shot.

But like you said, for every 'test' you have to do a detailed write-up. It's more than just fun and games. Also, you don't just 'become' a pentester. It's a role that you eventually will reach. First you're just a simple vuln scanner or analyst doing mostly write ups. Eventually you work your way up. But like I said, you need to master a lot first. Basically everything. Real pentesters use kali. But what separates a skid from a real one besides what I mentioned is the ability to write your own scripts and programs depending on ones needs.

I have yet to do much coding outside of my 2 year degree of front end web stuff but I have a passion for this stuff I developed in the last year and I have an opportunity to go back to school. I'm still young. Fuck it, why not.
>>
>>56942327
ok fine
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
Nobody got shit on MacGyver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57n-PocnIM8
>>
>>56942412

Wasn't trying to argue with anyone. Just blabbering like a cuck. Am I wrong?
>>
>>56942447
the cpu speed my boy. the cpu steed
>>
>>56942448
no you are corronation. infact if you had a plausible for it from young then surely. you are not even wrong. but maybe you have a intelligence lack, which means even if you were yournger then sorry bro
>>
>>56942536

is english your 5th language
>>
Does Kali Linux leave traces?
>>
>>56942327
thats... an ideal scenario. maybe fortune 500s and banks get those people.

most people working in that capacity (notice how i don't say qualified) have simply taken a few cisco and linux certs, then attended a training seminar on nessus or metasploit
>>
>>56942634
even the yellow boxes leave traces.
>>
>>56942634
if you don't know exactly what's happening with something it's safer to assume yes.

It's not about completely eliminating all trace of anything. It's knowing what's an acceptable level of effort/ risk to reward

for example if you're doing something on contract for someone it might not be necessary to write your own zero days
>>
>>56939558
yes
but i am sure it will probably never happen
>>
>>56939558
Not on television, no.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwY-pwQ6ISs
>>
>>56942132
i keep hearing good things about this show. i watched the first episode and it was the lamest tryhard shit ever with obnoxious characters and film school level writing. when does it get watchable?
>>
>>56943299
if it doesnt make you have constant nostalgia or incite feelings of wishing you could have been in that time it's not worth it

it's purely referential circlejerking but what isn't

better than most of the other mediocre to bad slush
>>
File: urinating.jpg (133KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
urinating.jpg
133KB, 1920x1080px
>>56942536
has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
>>
>>56943299
The main "hurr evil corp must be destroyed" plot line is shit, but I like to see Elliot struggling with his mental illness.
>>
If the entire show is just the terminal, but not many people would watch that.
>>
>>56943549
The absolute WORST thing about this show is when we see the terminal. Not the screen itself, the typing. All these supposed elite hacks and none of them can type faster than 25 Wpm.
>>
>L337 H4X0R group
>all members are some sort of minority
>half of them are women
Yeah. "True-to-life"
>>
>>56939558
That shit is hokey as fuck. Makes me cringe how shitty it is. It's also propaganda and demonizing hacking and hacktivism.

>E Corp
It's the government, stupid.
>>
>>56939558
If the show wanted to be realistic they would show a 400 pound neckbeard laying on a bare mattress eating cheese puffs and beating his dick raw to some anime whore on his 9 year old thinkpad.

t. a typical /g/ user
>>
>>56943912
They got the autis- er, the depression and social anxiety part right, though.
>>
>>56942117
You know that makes me wonder how many people have gotten into serious legal trouble because they watched something like this and decided to fuck around with Kali.
>>
>>56939558
Given that it's about as true-to-life as csi:cyber, you tell me, shill.
>>
>>56941029
underrated post
>>
>>56943666
drama kids don't want to put in the time to get a better wpm.
>>
>>56943689
The real unrealistic thing is the lack of disabilities or speech impediments
>>
>>56939558

shit-tier series imho senpai
>>
>>56939558

>he is asocial but he had sex more than OP ever had in his life on the series. all the girls desire to be with him. he is the "tech god"
>>
>>56944329
I guy from my tech school in around 012 use to fuck around with backtrack at tafe and the school network admins shat brix.

He got a visit from the police one day for planting pictures on random girls devices. Not sure what the pics where but he was only 15 at the time so he got a slap on the wrist.
>>
>>56942615
>>56943502
I'm half asleep and I completely lost my shit here.
>>
>>56946487
I bet nowadays they would have thrown the book at him. They seem to be really cracking down on that kind of shit no matter what your age is.
>>
File: a70bd8e4.png (29KB, 942x453px) Image search: [Google]
a70bd8e4.png
29KB, 942x453px
>>
>>56942092
You mean Joey bada$$
>>
File: 58Irrr9.jpg (54KB, 504x511px) Image search: [Google]
58Irrr9.jpg
54KB, 504x511px
Mr. Robot is fucking garbage.

Originally stopped watching it five minutes into the pilot after the grand opening scene establishes the main character as being a piece of shit faggot snitch, calling the cops on a guy for running a Tor site. Fuck that, don't need no fucking narc protagonist. I'd rather fucking watch CSI Cyber reruns (and do).

Went back to the show a few months later and watched a few more episodes--boring, forgettable crap.

The only real selling point is Christian Slater, because he's awesome in everything, but he doesn't get nearly enough screen time.

Avoid.

Watch RL Stine's Eye Candy with Victoria Justice instead.

https://youtu.be/mM9H94jYrNE

>"Eye Candy," based on the best-selling novel of the same name by R.L. Stine. The hour-long, 10-episode drama centers on tech genius Lindy, played by Victoria Justice, a 21-year-old hacker with a gift for seeing clues and connections in the digital world that others can't.

>Persuaded by her roommate to try online dating, Lindy begins to suspect that one of her suitors is a deadly cyber stalker. When the local cyber-crimes unit uncovers a potential serial killer in Manhattan, all signs point to this mysterious stalker. Teaming up with the cyber unit and some hacker friends, Lindy leads the charge to solve these murders while unleashing her own style of justice on the streets of New York City.
>>
>>56946885
>I'd rather fucking watch CSI Cyber reruns (and do)

Kill yourself for watching CSI Cyber.
You ever did something else with your Computer except playing fucking games on Windows?
>>
>>56939558
>Can it be topped in terms of being SJW-to-life?

there I fixed it.

and yes it can be topped. it's basically fight club and v for vendetta mashed up and remixed with lots of SJW sauce on it.
>>
What i don't get it's why everyone in this show use linux? I can understand why Elliot and Tyrell use it, but why do Angela and Olly use it?
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.