[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jaded of the current state of technology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: uuuuughhh.jpg (10KB, 295x200px) Image search: [Google]
uuuuughhh.jpg
10KB, 295x200px
Hi /g/

After seeing yesterday's Google's presentation, I've noticed that I'm no longer looking for "the next big thing".

I'm fucking tired of every company just bombarding us with these products that will be obsolete in a year, coming up with new ways to invade our privacy, and creating walled gardens left and right.

I dread picking up my phone or tablet and finding that a fucking billion apps need updating, most of them just as a way of adding more ads, removing useful features or just changing stuff so you don't forget about them. Same with their OS itself which will surely bring my 3 year old phone to a crawl, because hey, it's time to buy a new one!.

I fucking dread booting in Windows 10 to game, and finding that it updated without my consent, that X or Y have stopped working, Edge is now the default browser, and Cortana has been activated again.

It's like everytime i pick up some gadget, I'm wondering how they'll get on my nerves today.

Why the fuck are they making technology not enjoyable? When did it happen? Anybody else feels this way?
>>
>>56937022
>Anybody else feels this way?
Yes
>Why the fuck are they making technology not enjoyable?
$$$
>>
>>56937022

>less enjoyable

Some people enjoy BDSM.
>>
File: 1467287327154.png (3MB, 10000x10000px) Image search: [Google]
1467287327154.png
3MB, 10000x10000px
>>56937022
>mfw using windows 7 and a dumbphone
>>
>>56937022
They're doing you a favor OP. Wise up and get rid of your smartphone. The mobile proprietary OS world hasn't gone to shit. It was never good to begin with.

Web addiction has so many young people by the balls. Why the fuck do we need to be online and streaming, reachable by social media and email 24/7? I have a laptop computer and a dumb phone. Work can't expect to reach me after-hours unless it's a real emergency. Friends who barely know me can't bombard me with cat pictures and their latest political thoughts.

Honestly the most enjoyably thing about technology these days is just how affordable it is. $20 gets you a phone that will sms and make calls for several months without a contract. $100 gets you a decent refurbished laptop that can run free software and access all the internet has to offer.

If you have the whole world at your fingertips like that for so cheap and you still feel empty without the newest gadet, its time to get some addiction therapy.
>>
>>56937185
welp, at least ya got 'til 2020 fampai
>>
>>56937022
My phone is like 3 years old and i don't plan on upgrading any time soon, i don't give a fuck about any of this consumer shit anymore.
>>
>>56937022
Same here maybe not yet to your level but definitely see everything going that route.

Bring back smth to default because "security app". Force your users to use newer version of the product by cutting support on previous revision. Dated making legacy, etc.

Maybe it's the easiest way to hold us (consumers/masses) in control. Or maybe it's just the beginning of the end. Roller coaster run quicker and quicker on a circle track.
>>
>>56937185
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but not only has the NSA had backdoors into Windows since before Windows 10, they've had them since at least 1999.
>>
>>56937211
this. they had it coming.
>>
>>56937185
I'll end up like that. No doubt.
>>
>>56937022
I don't give a shit about upgrading my Moto G2 since Android games are worthless, but I still upgrade my desktop computer.
>>
>>56937198
You're right, it certainly can become an addiction. In fact, that's what they're aiming for.
>>
I think things are just stagnating. there hasn't been a major innovation to come out of Silicon Valley since the iPhone.
>>
File: 1475529333538.jpg (16KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1475529333538.jpg
16KB, 320x240px
>using a Nexus 5x with Copperhead OS and no Google integration
>using GNU+Linux as my main OS
>tfw I still have to use Gmail because of lack of alternatives (via K9 Mail at least)
>tfw I still ahve to use Whatsapp because my "friends" are not willing to switch
Fuck this gay earth. If only I had no social contacts I could finally be... free...
>>
>>56937241
NSA has back doors into a lot more than $ms
>>
>>56937316
>a phone
>"innovation"
>>
>>56937022
i blame the pajeets
>>
>>56937316
They keep pushing basically the same shit as "the latest thing" nevertheless.
>>
>>56937185
>>56937241
Accurate samefag. I'd say honest, accurate samefag but samefagging is disingenuous.
>>
>>56937022
Yup, thats why the last time i bought tech was 4y ago (my 1st laptop), still rocking a crt (from 2004) on my 2011 desktop (2500k cpu that i dindt even felt the need to OC yet). As phone still have a samsung wave (made in korea) from 2010 running android that still does everything i want.
And i repair my tech cause new tech is all chink shit.
>>
>>56937022
>Why the fuck are they making technology not enjoyable?
Because innovation is harder/more risky than figuring out how to steal some other company's piece of the pie.
>>
>>56937598
No, but I mean, I get angry nowadays when using technology. I used to feel joy.
>>
lol you're just having technophobia, go visit a psychiatrist.
>>
>>56937022
>I've noticed that I'm no longer looking for "the next big thing".
That's basically because there hasn't been an NBT for ages.
It's currently circlejerking and people trying to milk dying cows for bucks because they are being involved in a sector that can't possibly support all of them. There's no real competition because there isn't place for it. Everyone needs to do ads and spying, or else the company will vanish. They can sell you tech and services for a loss because they sell your data later.
>>
>>56937334
This. You need to be a fool if you think there's some contemporary tech that doesn't have a backdoor or an already used zero day exploit.

>>56937329
>don't you have some professional mail account, like gmail?
People are shit.
>>
File: 1471402920385.png (20KB, 450x420px) Image search: [Google]
1471402920385.png
20KB, 450x420px
Same honestly. I really can't justify THE LATEST AND GREATEST meme now. I just don't see the fucking point anymore. I was a devout nexus fan boy until my nexus 5 killed over. Went with a G4 after the shit show that was the 5x and what not. Really, im disappointed. Nexus one was the coolest phone I've owned and nothing has quite impressed me like that phone.

Feels bad man.
>>
>>56937185
>mfw using Debian and a dumbphone
>>
>jaded
I'm the opposite, everything has reached a point where it's good enough and I don't need to upgrade ever again and can just get shit done, especially on Linux. The year of the Linux desktop came and went a long time ago.

As for apps updating, just switch that shit off and update them every couple of months. Android 7.0 seems good af though, basically everything is configurable by the user now. Once it's rooted, it's pretty unbeatable.
>>
>>56937022
Then fucking make something. Don't be just a consumer.
>>
Also why should technology be enjoyable? Use it to get a job done you dumb shit. Not to enjoy it. If you want to enjoy something, play video games or get a wife/girlfriend/have kids.
>>
>>56937022
I run GNU/Linux and have Adaway on my phone.

I don't have any of these issues, and I don't wake up every morning hating technology.
>>
>>56937022
Your whining is hilarious. Turn off updates if your cunt hurts so badly.

The only thing "needing" update on a PC is drivers. Otherwise fuck it.

GWX control panel keeps my Windows 7 systems unmolested, but there are plenty of solutions. Want your gaming OS install bulletproofed? Use Faronice Deep Freeze. Reboot to a clean install of your choice every time. Alternate option, VMs.

My gadgets don't get on my nerves. They are tools.

My phone does not need updates so I rooted it and it doesn't update, problem solved. All my recreational internet use is on Linux, problems avoided. Windows apps I use run in VMs or locked the fuck down on bare metal, problems avoided.

My phone serves me. I don't have loser friends pestering me about bullshit because I only hang out with motivated, smart people. All social media interaction is done on one of my many PCs.

The NSA are welcome to park a party van in front of my house. I wish it went with a fresh TS security clearance investigation so I could add that to my resume.

I don't want a secure internet because wanting the technologically impossible is retarded. My comms are background noise, nothing else, because only fools put secrets on personal computers. If you record it, it's not secret.
>>
>>56939536
k
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.